Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Thursday Art Date: The Future; 🌎 HAPPY EARTH DAY!! 🌎 ; Blogging Break


Hello Friends!! 😊😊

Welcome to Thursday's Art Date, today our theme is The Future. What came to mind was the movie Back To The Future starring Michael J. Fox. Bugs and Daffy decided to recreate a scene in the movie. This is a great movie! Although, as usual in my case, the first movie of the trilogy is my favourite! Here is a link to the trailer. I love Michael J. Fox, I was a big fan of him in the tv show Family Ties. He's had quite a turn of events in his life and is holding strong, an inspiration!




It's still pretty chilly here lately, but I've been able to walk all three dogs together every morning on the blueberry fields. The coyotes are very active so I make sure to bring my air horn and pepper spray with me! Marlene has good days and bad, otherwise all of the other five pets are doing well. The trail cam caught Jack giving me a hug. Awwww. πŸ’ž


Here is a ten second or so video of Charlie. I walked her on that 6km nature trail again a few days back and she decided to cool off in the river!

My other pets...the birds: I finally bought alkaline batteries for the "bird cam"...friends, what batteries do you use and how long do they last? Here are some photos from the last week:

The Evening Grosbeaks are back as long as there is a steady supply of black sunflower seeds!

Mourning Dove

New birds to the feeders! Northern Juncos!

A sneaky squirrel on a snowy morning

Northern Junco and Hairy Woodpecker


As the title of this post reads, I need to take a blogging break, I'm burnt out. 😟 I will however be continuing to host Thursday's Art Date, so please do continue to join in! I'm going to try to at least get some Looney Tunes into the weekly post. 

Now that spring has arrived, I have a colossal amount of work to do on the house. I had every intention of doing work on the house last year after I moved here, but having all of those unexpected costs (drilling a new well, new engine for the car, new chimney and insulating the basement, the appliances fiasco etc...); I was kind of stuck financially. I'm doing a little bit better this year, so I need to get moving with some projects and start to clean up my acreage and organize my house as frugally as I can. I need the house to be functional and it hasn't been in the last year. It's been overwhelming and really needs to be addressed.

In two weeks I'll be celebrating one year in my new home. My first home. My dream of home ownership came true on May 8th of 2020. Here are some memories...

Goodbye Quebec forever!

Emotional Rain...I was terrified we'd be turned back at the border because of Covid. When we were given the "okay" to drive into New Brunswick, I lost it.
 
After 15 hours of driving, we arrived home at around midnight on May 8th.

Me and Jack in the Uhaul!

Charlie and Marlene in the car that I was towing behind the Uhaul truck

Can you believe it's nearly been a year since I moved??? I can't!

Wishing you a lovely spring and a very HAPPY EARTH DAY. Let's take care of our planet and ourselves!! That'll be all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more "The Future" creations! 

See you soon!!! πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

**************************************

Upcoming Art Dates:

April 29th: Gates and Fences

May 6th: May Sweets: Cakes

May 13th: May Sweets: Cookies 

May 20th: May Sweets: Candies

May 27th: May Sweets: Cupcakes

Click on the links for ideas and inspiration! Remember it's all about creating. You can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, baking, poetry...whatever you like! 🎨

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! Also, if anyone adds a link that has nothing to do with the art date theme, it will be removed! The link gadget expires Friday at midnight (EST).

**************************************



29 comments:

  1. Nice futuristic art piece Rain. Hope you get the needed down time during your blog break. I cannot believe it is a year already since you moved. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep,I read everyone of your moving post and the drilling and the wall moving. uuhhhggg.. That was a lot of work. I love your drawings. So much expression. That cam takes great shots. BTW I am answering your email in the morning. Hugs and get some rest. N

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those pictures! It's hard to believe it's been nearly a year already. You and Alex did a ton at your house! Enjoy your warmer days and I hope you are as productive as you hope to be, Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crazy how the year went by so fast. I keep when we bought our house and got the keys on our calendar; it's fun to see it come up every year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The movie is still great to watch.
    Nice that everyone is doing well, also Marlene's condition is mixed. Great to watch Charlie in the water.
    Nice the birds and you have batteries back.
    I can well understand that you are burned out and now have to take care of everything, at the beginning that was not easy.
    I wish you and Alex all sgood and thumbs up that you get ahead what you want to do.
    Nice your memories, I can remember them well and I was excited about your move and felt your joy. Now you will be back almost 1 year.
    Take care of yourselves and stroke the gang of rascals from me, whether dog or cat, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rain, I enjoyed the video and that water looks clean - I can't imagine having to deal with coyotes - on our tiny safe little island you would only encounter a fox occasionally and they are timid! I can imagine you would be burnt out after the huge pile of problems you have ploughed through in a year. I hope you can have time to enjoy your house now instead of nursing it! get it more cosy and functional and have some quiet restful time for yourself, partner and pets. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post. Take time and get well! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Earth Day to you, too, Rain. I remember when you moved and how you cried once you had been let into New Brunswick. I hope your future is bright now that you have a bit of a handle on things there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rain,
    I like your Back To The Future illustration. This movie I have seen :) And liked! Maybe because it has a bit to do both with SF and it is fun, a twisted one!

    Multitasking is good as long as you don´t try to do it around the clock.
    Take care and slow down! Enjoy your break, one moment at a time!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very, very happy Earth Day.
    Has it really been a year? I am very happy for you.
    Enjoy your break and don't work too hard. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Earth Day, Rain. Enjoy your time away from blogging. It's no fun to be burned out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your home-owner anniversary. That's just so exciting. I can see why that first year would cost a lot! Enjoy your blog break -- we all deserve one and I've long believed that we own our blogs, they don't own us! I'm glad to hear Marlene is hanging in there. Happy Earth day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Earth Day Rain. I hope you are able to get the things taken care of that you need to during your blogging break. Take time to take care of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i can't believe that it is a whole year passed since you move into your dream house dear Rain :)

    i still remember days when you longed for such amazing property and tried to have while searching for it ,i felt sad then for you and i prayed in my heart for your dream to become true and thank Lord it happened finally , we have seen crisis and lack of money after moving here in house fifteen years ago ,that was scary time ,i am happy you are out of it now and ready to do lot of good in new home :)
    best wishes for all you do wonderful friend!
    art is marvelous as always

    ReplyDelete
  15. Luv today's future prompt. "I saw the Back To The Future" movie, enjoyed.
    Happy Thursday

    much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  16. Back to the Future was one of our favorite movies too ... love the looks on the faces of Bugs and Daffy. Yes Micheal J. Fox has set an example for many and was instrumental in encouraging the research needed to resolve the cause and provide the cure for Parkinson's. Good choice, Rain. I have a favorite picture of Izzi and I, very much like yours of you and Jack. They are loving pets ... glad Jack is doing okay. Unlike Charlie, Izzi does not like being in water. When we lived on the lake, my Granddaughter tried to get Izzi to swim ... it was a struggle so she finally gave it up. I think the water makes Izzi's coat very heavy and it is scary for her to be in water. And yes, a sure sign of spring. The Juncos come down here for the winter months ... it is cold here too, but not sooooo cold. When they leave we know spring is here. I hear your overwhelmed voice about things that need to be done. I am glad you are going to still keep the Thursday art date going ... it is one of the things in my life that keeps me going :) I too will be busy with spring projects so I will be thinking of you during those times ... Did I tell you that a pack of Coyote's came up very close to our house when I was out with Izzi a few weeks ago. It was really scary and like you, I have one of the "attack" sirens and pepper spray. It took me by surprise as I haven't even heard any around here, but we live on the edge of a farm field, so I guess they think we are fair game. So stay safe and take care not to over do :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    P.S. Happy House Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spring is always such a busy time for anyone with a house/land/garden! Enjoy your blogging break and congrats on one year in your new home! Time flies, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Earth Day Is Awesome!!! How time truly flies...One Year?... Wow! When I think that we have been here on the ridge for three years, it seems unreal, as well! Happy home projects to you! We are still doing those projects...the wonderful challenges of a homestead! It’s all ours, though, which makes it even more special! Have a fabulous break... dig in some dirt! Love from the ridge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute art, as usual. Your home will look better than ever when you deal with all of the issues you face. Yes, home ownership is a dream come true for you and me. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this was such a weird year. it flew by but it was the slowest ever because of covid. with this cold weather i am itching to get back to working in the garden. love the video of charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Earth Day.

    That year has gone by so quickly hasn't it.
    Many thanks for sharing your journey and year with us.
    Enjoy your blogging break, re-charge your batteries and enjoy working on your home and garden.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy 1st anniversary to you and Alex and the pets, Rain. That time really did go fast amidst all the headaches and joy of being in your home and you shared it with all of your fellow bloggers. Many of us as have gone through similar issues as homeowners, so you had an understanding audience for sure. Taking a blog break is a good thing and hope yours is productive and restful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ...life can be a bit overwhelming, take care and pick an choose those things that are most important.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It’s difficult to imagine what the coyotes might do when we don’t have them in the UK. Are you saying they can be dangerous Rain?

    Sorry to hear you’re whacked but it does seem you’ve had an emotional and busy year with the moving, the pets and keeping the blog going. Here’s wishing you a Happy Anniversary for My 8th. Fifteen hours was some drive but I’m sure you are happy you did the right thing.

    Sorry I can’t join in this week. My birds just aren’t arty enough. Take a rest and keep drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rain, it is hard to believe it has already been a year! I remember when we were still following you as you looked for place. I hope you can find the rest you need and get back to blogging (you are one of my favorite palate cleansers for any bad day).

    Phil, coyotes can be quite dangerous to pets and small livestock. They are smart and relatively fearless - even in our urban neighborhood, we have seen them several times during walks. They are not particularly afraid of humans.

    Sadly, they will also eat a pet in a heartbeat. We are forever seeing signs for lost pets in our neighborhood. More often than not, a coyote got them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Rain,
    What a fun video of your dog.
    I hope you get a rest with your blog break.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy 1 year of home ownership, Rain! It does not seem like that long. I began reading you around that time. You've certainly made the best of it and have much to be proud of so KUDOS!!! Love the BTTF cartoon drawing. Our daughter grew up watching Alex P. Keaton and of course loves the BTTF's, though not so much the wild west one. Her fave was Part Two. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  28. I worried about you and your move. hard to believe it's been a year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on a year in your home! Time goes by so fast! Thanks for the memories, showing you going to your new home! I love Michael J. Fox too! And, I love your art piece! Brilliant Rain! Truly loved the video, and the hugging photo! Always love your bird photos! Please take care Rain! Sorry I was late coming around to your blog! Big Hugs and Much Love!

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain