Thursday, November 18, 2021

Thursday Art Date: Wisps and Winds


Hello Friends! 😊😊😊😊

Welcome to Thursday's Art Date, today our theme is Wisps and Winds. Sylvester and Tweety Bird wanted to have some fun with the windy aspect of this theme! In fact, they even encouraged me to create a video of me drawing them! By the way, I have the 2022 Thursday Art Date Themes all prepared! Click here to check them out!! Thanks so much to everyone who continues to participate and support TAD!!!  💋


If you'd like to see the video, please click on the image above or on this link, it's about 5 minutes long and it's a fun one! 


For wisps, I decided to try to draw the wisps of my hair with charcoals on black paper. 


Here's the time-lapsed video if you like to watch!



I've really been enjoying my video-making lately. I think I missed my calling. I even enjoy the tedious editing. These are four new videos I posted on my Spiritual Rain channel in the last week or so, if you're interested, please click on the image or on the links below:

Soaring High With The Universe!
Seven of Wands: Struggle, Battle, Defense, Protect Yourself!
A Healing Charm
Life Changing Experiences with Archangel Michael


Our cat Leo isn't doing too well, if you can keep him in your hearts and in your prayers, that would be very appreciated my friends! 💗


Today's featured Blogger and artist is Betty from Wood Fairy blog. Betty is a sweet soul, a kindred spirit of mine and a lovely artist. This is one of her paintings that she posted on her blog for Remembrance Day. Please visit her! 💗  

LEAVE A COMMENT AND YOU MAY BE NEXT WEEK'S FEATURED ARTIST/BLOGGER!
(If you do not want to be featured, just let me know in the comments and I'll respect your wishes!)


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more "Wisps and Winds" creations! See you soon!!! 💗 💗 

**************************************


Upcoming Art Dates For Rain's Thursday Art Date: click on the links below for a description of the theme and inspiring images!

November 25th: Stripes
December 2nd: December Holidays: Gingerbread
December 9th: December Holidays: Christmas Past
December 16th: December Holidays: Christmas Present
December 23rd: December Holidays: Christmas Future
December 30th: December Holidays: Santa's Workshop

This art date is all about creating. You can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, baking, poetry...whatever you like! 🎨

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget expires Friday at midnight (EST).

******************************************

30 comments:

  1. I'll lite a candle and pray for Leo. Our kittens are 5 weeks old now and so busy causing trouble for the momma cat that we took in. Someone in our neighborhood put out feelers for our kittens and they all will have a nice home on a farm on the outskirts of town. They have a mouse problem infesting their barn and need help. They also wanted to take the momma cat but she belongs to me. I'm not giving up that sweet little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain Frances, your charcoal self-portrait is awesome! So beautifully done. I like the 2022 TAD list too -- already planning some of my contributions! And a special skritch to poor Leo. I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE hugs to you and Leo. And thank you (as always) for sharing some of your creative journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on wisps and winds Rain, praying for your cat. Betty's work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got all caught up watching several of your videos, Rain. You draw so well. I can't even draw a snowman, so watching you draw this week's Sylvester and Tweety Bird was amazing, as was your wisps of hair video. I could never do what you do. It's not in my wheelhouse. I have other skills that are more suited for my limited ability. The idea of the pain of drawing, gripping a pen or pencil makes me glad I don't have a desire to want to draw. However, I sure admire your skills.

    Oh dear. You can rest assured that Leo is in my thoughts and prayers. I take it he has taken a turn for the worse. He is such a sweetheart, too. Bleubeard is rooting for him to get better, too. Please give him extra hugs from both Bleubeard and me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved the art as always dear Rain :)

    specially self portrait is awesome !

    i will be visiting your spiritual blog whenever break is available :)
    hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous projects, so beautifully made! Have a great week!! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, there are wind and drizzle, many fog now in November. Thank you, dearest Rain, for hosting. I take my time - without Internet and Telephon - to paint some cards for Christmas. Stormy weather for my Angel. Maybe.

    Wish you a very good week. Stay healthy and well, dear blogfriend.

    Hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rain. My favorite today are your selfportrait. and ofcourse Tweety that didn´t even have to fly himself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Rain,
    Tweety bird is one of my favorites. I like your charcoal portrait, very pretty. Sending prayers for your sweet Leo. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wisps may not be part of my daily routine, but winds are a factor in my life. I am out birding most days; even on the foulest day I venture forth if only for a short time, so wind is something to take into account. In addition to my personal comfort, it affects the birds, how they feed, where they need to shelter and so on, so wind is more of a concern for me than sticking a wet finger in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Leo, and poor Rain. It's not easy. We'e so many fosters around here, taking in cats for seniors who cannot care for the pets. It's a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have found your calling with your expanded videos (uh, your second or third or fourth simultaneous calling -- and you are amazingly good at all of them!) I'm more than a little behind after my blog break, but look forward to coming back to catch up with posts I missed and links to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had a cold front blow in just this last night, so what a wonderful and timely picture!

    Prayers up for Leo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your drawings this week and the videos. Sorry to hear that Leo is poorly, I hope he feels better soon. I have some sick kitties atm too, so I know how it is. Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Viewed one of your videos Rain. It is good to know that you are experiencing peace and a feeling of guidance and blessing.

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice charcoal work! And said a prayer for Leo for his best outcome

    ReplyDelete

  18. Oh WOW, the drawing with the wisps of your hair is stunning - and Sylvester and Tweety Bird so cute. I find it sad that your cat Leo is not doing well - I keep my fingers crossed that he will soon be better. Our old Nina worries us sometimes too, but at the moment she's okay. So nice that Charlie is now sleeping in your bed and cuddling with you too - thanks for telling me, dearest Rain!
    All the best to you and your beloved animals
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/11/italien-reisebericht-ein-paar-kleine.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wisps and Winds is very cute! And I love the shout out for Betty -- I liked that painting too!

    Of course Leo has all the prayers we have. It's so hard when they aren't doing well -- and you've had your share of pet sadness of late.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always enjoy seeing your art.
    Saying a prayer for Leo, hoping he feels better soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always like your charcoal art - wisps of hair was a clever thought! I have been watching some of your spiritual videos, thank you - and - thank you for mentioning my blog that's so nice as it's always a pleasure to have visitors - that's what blogging is all about for me. Sending healing vibes for your little cat :) Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is such a cute cartoon. I sat here and enjoyed it a lot. You do have a wonderful sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Prayers for Leo, Rain! Love the charcoal selfie. You have such an eye for light and shadow! Have a good weekend, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, your wispy hair portrait is beautiful. You are getting so good at so many things. ... your Looney toons and your videos are outstanding as always. I am so far behind on your videos. It is my plan to catch up on all of them someday. MY heart and prayers go out to Leo. I hope his issues are curable and he will soon be his old self. Give him a lick and a hug from my two critters (yes I am down to only two, unless you include my daughter's cat Diva) Speaking of my daughter, she is back in the hospital again ... she seems to have endless problems and it is hard to keep up with it all.
    By the way ... I did enter my name on Thursdays Art Date, but it isn't there ... and it won't let me put it on and keeps telling me I am already there. Not sure how to fix it :( Hope all is well with you and I know you will have a simply delicious Thanksgiving. I am overwhelmed with things I have to deal with here and may need to take a break from my blog until I get my head above water. I will keep you posted ... in the meantime, stay safe and stay well ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope Leo is feeling better. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

    The charcoal drawing of you and your wisps of hair is so, so good! You are an amazing artist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rain,

    I love your illustration of Sylvester being "Old Man Winter" catching Tweety in a frigid breeze or at least this is my interpretation. Maybe, it's because it's so cold here today, not Canadian cold, but for the southeast it's very, very chilly. :)

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain