Thursday, December 2, 2021

Thursday Art Date: December Holidays: 🍪 Gingerbread 🍪


Hello Friends! 😊😊😊😊



Welcome to Thursday's Art Date, today our theme is December Holidays: Gingerbread. It was Bugs Bunny's idea to dress up as a Gingerbread Man, I think he got inspired by watching Gingy from the movie Shrek!

Thank you everyone for all of your wonderful comments last week! ♥♥♥♥




I've been reading from my Brother's Grimm Folk and Fairy Tale book lately and I got inspired to draw this Gingerbread House from reading Hansel and Gretel.


Here is my Looney Tune drawing for last week's "Stripes"...Granny loves Tweety so much, look at the length of that scarf, it should keep him nice and warm this winter!!  *** By the way folks, if you miss an art date and would still like to participate, feel free to add your link below, even if it's a week late, we want to see your creations!!! ***


Another "Stripes" drawing - 3D art, this is so much fun to do!



I've been really busy making videos lately! Here are all of the latest Rain Frances Art YouTube videos.

December 2021 TAD Themes
Let's Draw A 3D Sphere
Let's Draw Granny and Tweety
Let's Draw A Gingerbread House



And my Spiritual Rain videos. Thanks to all of those who are supporting me on YouTube! ♥

Remembering Sweet Leo
The Fairy Tale Tarot: The Sorceress and The Lake Maiden
First Snow Love Energy & Hand-Feeding Chickadees
Magic Letters and Bibliomancy With Poe 


Winter has arrived! I'm beginning my hibernation! I started taking 3 home-study courses and I hope to learn a lot during this season! I'm taking a Tarot 101 course, an Introduction to Psychology course and a course on how to optimize your YouTube channel. Lots of fun stuff!

Not only am I beginning my winter hibernation, I'm starting to gain my winter weight lol...I was doing a LOT of "baking therapy" lately (too much!) and I had a cookie day:

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

GIANT (foot-long) Chocolate Chip Cookie 

Shortbread Bites

Spicy Tia Maria Cookies

Homemade Chili (I used my old Chili Recipe and omitted the meat, added carrots and cumin)


Last week I kept reading about the American Thanksgiving and I got a HUGE craving for Thanksgiving comfort food...so I did it, I made Thanksgiving dinner again!! Bread Stuffing, Cauliflower Gratin, mashed taters, Chicken Gravy and mashed carrots! We had 3 days of leftovers!


We opened a nice California Cab, very fruity!

I'm still on my quest to make the BEST toaster oven pizza...this one was made with Semolina flour, not a fan...next up is "0:0" Italian flour!


Creamy Turkey Bake with Broccoli and Mushrooms (photo courtesy of Jan and Eddie)

I hope you're all doing well and you are happy and healthy my friends, take care out there!! Today's featured Bloggers are Jan and Eddie from The Low Carb Diabetic blog.  Jan and Eddie offer lots of delicious low carb recipes and lots of information about diabetes and nutrition. I love their blog, please visit them! 💗  

LEAVE A COMMENT AND YOU MAY BE NEXT WEEK'S FEATURED ARTIST/BLOGGER!

(If you do not want to be featured, just let me know in the comments and I'll respect your wishes!)


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more "Gingerbread" creations! See you soon!!! 💗 💗 

**************************************


Upcoming Art Dates For Rain's Thursday Art Date: click on the links below for a description of the theme and inspiring images!

December 9th: December Holidays: Christmas Past
December 16th: December Holidays: Christmas Present
December 23rd: December Holidays: Christmas Future
December 30th: December Holidays: Santa's Workshop

2022's Art Date Themes

This art date is all about creating. You can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, baking, poetry...whatever you like! 🎨

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget expires Friday at midnight (EST).

******************************************

32 comments:

  1. I love (and am awed by) your creativity and am drooling over your baking. My clothes got a little tighter as I looked at the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely art for your challenges Rain and the food looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rain
    I'm sorry for Leo !!!
    Now I had another idea on the subject.
    Funny derBunny dressed up as a gingerbread man!
    Great your other creations !!!
    You made delicious food and I wave to your cute dogs and wish you a nice December time, hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. ref pizza I have found normal plain pastry flour bakes a really lovely crumbly base for pizza although nothing traditional about it! I like your stripes artwork, it's really clever and the gingerbread house - you brought out the sinister side, I have always loved that story. Your online courses sound fun. I hope you will be cosy during your hibernation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting Gingerbread House, I wonder if it is possible to build one. :)
    In Sweden they often created Gingerbread Houses. I think there are sets ready to build if one wants. Lots of candy decorations. :)

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, dearest Rain, for your comment. I read it and couldn't believe. A man without mask! What a terrible experience. What can we do in this fact?

    Yes, we have hard times.

    Therefore I'm especially thankful to have my artwork. It's a pleasure bring each day some colours on the paper and of course in my life.

    ...thank you for hosting. Stay healthy and well, dear Blogfriend.

    Many hugs to you, Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baking therapy is my fave therapy, that's for sure. Sorry, I have too much on my plate to join in just now, and I am still not feeling at all well. Stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rain,
    Wonderful Bugs and Tweety art, you are creative. The food looks delicious, I want to make some chili soon. Chocolate Chip cookies look so good, my favorite. Love the sweet puppy dogs. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy indeed, Rain. Better get out the snow shoes to walk off all those extra calories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We never had a Thanksgiving meal at our own home, but had one with extended family. I do want to do it for us soon though. Your food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your art is wonderful, and sharing your talents and knowledge is a wonderful gift to all of us.

    We've rain today, there go the tracks!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Bugs but you gingerbread house is awesome. Those spicy Tia Maria cookies look so good. I may need to add those to my Christmas baking list. Good luck on your pizza crust quest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food looks so delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i LOVED the granny dear Rain ,this is beautiful art and close to my heart :)

    best of luck for all you going to learn and read ,you are amazingly gifted and inspiration for all of us ,i envy you for such treasure of creativity and tireless activities you manage to perform wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    i want to come over and jump on these treats lol ,your baking is superb and mouthwatering ,i hope you can stop yourself to gain much weight :)
    more shower of blessings to your lovely world!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Gingerbread Bugs cookie! Now I'm off to check out your Tia Maria cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, I need the short bread bites recipe. LOL OMG! I would have that plate gone in a New York minute. Yes, it looks like winter has come upon you. Great art and wonderful food. With everything you do I don't know where you find time to read. I'm glad you do though. Have a fantastic day today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great theme and lovely post to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your art, the doggies and the cookies, but not the snow! OK to look at but don't want any! Happy TAD Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always enjoy seeing your art and your food looks delicious ... YUM!

    Many thanks for the shout out to the low carb diabetic blog :)

    Take care, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gingerbread cookies are one of my favorites!

    Winter here and we are still at 21 C during the day. Do the puppies handle the change in weather okay?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rain, I am sorry about your sweet Leo.

    Bugs makes a cute gingerbread man! I am always amazed at your many many talents. Is there anything you can't do?? What a wonderful cook you are. I don't know how you stay so small. I would weigh 300 lbs being around foods that look that delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha! Gingerbread Bugs, now that took imagination! Loving all your foodie photos, the pizza looks delish at least. I almost consider stealing your cookies but remembered I live 2 time zones away, hahaha. Curses, foiled again! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! The cookies had my mouth watering. Tweety looks like he's ready for winter. Seeing the chili gives me an idea for Saturday dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning Rain! Now I need to go make something to eat, after all your delicious food pics! Great to see you are using the quiet time of season to learn more things! Fabulous! Have a great week, Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that scarf picture with Tweety. So cute. And those chocolate chip cookies look delicious! Glad that you are taking those classes. They sound interesting. I minored in Psychology in college. Loved every single course I took.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We're still working on some leftovers here from Thanksgiving! I love gingerbread man and women especially this time of year oh, I like to put some up during the Christmas holidays. I'm just starting to do just a little bit of winter Decor now and you've got snow on the ground! We might get a little bit here next week at our house time will tell. That's a lot of cookies! I can't make too much of that stuff at once or Dave and I will eat it all haha. Good job on taking those classes! I love taking introduction to anthropology, help me learn about a lot of different cultures and belief systems around the world

    ReplyDelete
  27. Poor Bugs, he looks hot in his cookie costume ... but AWESOME :) You really do make me smile with your Looney Tunes Art. Hansel and Gretel go way back ... don't hear much about them any more, but they were very popular in my day. Love your art and excited to do your 3D tutorial. I did one on YouTube at one point, but it didn't stay with me. Food, food and more food ... all delicious and tempting. How do you stay so svelte? And, oh my, you are biting off a big load with all of those courses. Doesn't sound like hibernation to me :) I would love to take courses ... I have been an education hog all of my life, but at this point, I am not sure I could keep up with it ... maybe at a later date. Love everything you do Rain ... you set a good example for all of us :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just love Tweety's scarf and I'd almost forgotten about the old lady who loved him! So sweet (he can wrap up quite a few times in that scarf!). Your food absolutely always looks so good -- that chocolate chip cookie particularly (well both of them) just jump off the page. I get emails from the New York Times Cooking and they have been featuring a cookie a day during this Holiday season -- those are professional food photographers taking pictures of professional baker's creations and not one single one of them has made me as eager and hungry to actually bake as yours did!! Honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Now, I want to get out the baking utensils and make some cookies, Rain. We didn't have any turkey on Thanksgiving so no leftovers, but we plan to buy a turkey breast and have our own feast soon. All your foods looked so good and leftovers are the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very cute "ginger-Bugs". You have been busy! Lots of yummy treats. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOL, I just love Granny knitting that long scarf with Tweety all wrapped up in it. How cute!! Your chocolate chip cookies had DH slobbering all of my computer.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain