Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Thursday Art Date: May Flowers - Planting Seeds!


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art Date (posted on Wednesdays)!! 😊😊 Today our theme is May Flowers - Planting Seeds! Following the prompt is optional! Please feel free to share any of your art, we would love to see it! ☺ Granny is such a sweet lady, she's planting Sunflowers for Tweety so he can eat the seeds...and Catnip for Sylvester so he can roll around like a happy cat! 


I've been watching the squirrels at the bird feeder lately, they LOVE sunflower seeds! I drew this squirrel with ink pens and graphite pencils.

The real-time drawing lesson is up on my Rain Frances Art YouTube channel! How To Draw A Squirrel!

My latest kid's art video is up too...How To Paint A Starry Sky. PS: Thanks Tom!!! I'm so happy you and your little granddaughter enjoyed my How To Draw A Bee lesson!!! ♥

My 500 seeds are starting to grow!!! So exciting! Here is a video I posted on Rain's Kitchen and Garden with the latest update!


I treated myself to a baguette pan and baguette couche!! (A couche is a piece of linen where you wrap your baguette dough as it rises.) This week I'll be attempting to make some amazing baguettes! I'll try to record the process and put it up on my channel...wish me luck!! My oven is horribly wonky so I'm praying to the bread angels for help on this one!


My friend Iris has never heard of Poutine! Oh Iris...you are missing out! ☺☺ This is a very Canadian dish...French fries covered with cheese and gravy. It is a Quebec original, usually made with Curd cheese. I make mine with Mozzarella and sometimes Cheddar cheese and I top it with Homemade Chicken Gravy.


I've made so many variations over the years, this week I made a Pizza poutine! Instead of the gravy, I used hot pizza sauce! It's amazing comfort food! (And an amazing weight-gainer lol!!) I made a Thanksgiving Poutine the last few Thanksgivings...oh boy...what a treat!


I tried a new dessert this week and my photo doesn't do it justice. It's a Lemon Pudding Cake.
 


This is the photo from the original recipe from An Italian In My Kitchen, and doesn't that look yummy? Mine didn't turn out that way but it was still delicious! I'm linking up with Kathy's Food Wednesdays this week! Why not join in? We share foody posts and recipes!!! ☺


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more artistic creations! See you soon!!! 💗 💗 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Dates For Rain's Thursday Art Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images!

May 12th - May Flowers: Sun and Water
May 19th - May Flowers: Pollination
May 26th - May Flowers: Flowers Blooming

This art date is all about creating. You can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, baking, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Wednesday!

****************************************** 



31 comments:

  1. I am quite sure your arteries are screaming, "Stop!!", Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Rain

    Love the Granny planting seeds with Tweety bird helping. Your food always looks yummy, the lemon cake looks good to me. Nice to see your seeds are sprouting. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Rain, enjoyed your post this morning. Loved your squirrel we have soooo many little squirrels here wanting to eat all the seed I put out for the birds too.
    I was not familiar with your french fry dish but looks like comfort food for sure and I love french fries.
    Your dessert looks yummy too. thanks so much for sharing with us for Food Wednesdays hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your squirrel-so cute but they can be such rascals! One day I hope to try poutine. And good for you to make your own baguettes too- with the proper tools:). Thanks for opening up your art date to PPF'rs and not requiring the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute one of granny sowing seeds. I love your seed sprouting video. Delicious food as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admire Granny. I planted catnip, but the boys aren't fond of it. Maybe it needs to go in the ground like Granny's rather than in a pot. How nice that your seeds are already starting to sprout.

    What a cute squirrel. They are quite bold where I live.

    I really MUST make some poutine one of these days. French fries are one of my weaknesses. Great photos of them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet wee squirrel! And good luck with those baguettes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaahhh Rain rarely do we eat french fries any more but this looks like a yummy way to have them! Good luck with your baguettes! Happy Food Wednesday!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Granny is so good to her babies. How exciting your seeds have sprouted. We don't do poutine here but chili cheese fries are awesome. You lemon pudding cake looks yummy to me. I live anything lemon in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunflower seeds are very popular here too - though Jazz isn't interested in catnip.
    I am thrilled for you that your seeds are sprouting - though with 500 of them you are going to be very busy.
    As usual your food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had Poutine for the first time on our first trip to Canada - 2010 I think. I remember that it was a rather grey day with occasional rain and we were strolling through Whistler before returning to our campground. It was an interesting take on fries that we liked very much. Before that, we had never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your food looks yummy Rain, and it is exciting to see your baguette pan. I've wanted one and have looked at them, but I wonder if it would get much use. I hope you share some yummy bread with us and that may convince me I need to have one-smile. Your squirrel is really cute too. It's a little red one, and I like those better than the big grey squirrels. Have a super week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rain! I made it to your Art date two weeks in a row! Thanks for the theme this week it's inspiring - I am getting my paints out for an hour but put some old pics on my post so I would be in time to join in. The baguette pan is interesting, I haven't seen one before!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Thursday everyone

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh I love this food. I also like your new baking pan. Would love one of these. Your art is amazing too. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love Granny planting seeds and your squirrel sketch is awesome! Xo


    Wishing you good healthy, love. and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, Granny has a good heart and the look of anticipation on Sylvester's face is priceless. Love your squirrel. We had too many squirrels at our lake house. They were forever stealing the birdseed from all of the feeders, but where we live now, the trees are still young and so there is rarely a squirrel sighting. I miss those ornery little critters.
    Our weather has been terrible and nobody has been able to plant seeds in their gardens. My DIL usually starts seeds in cups as you have, but this year she was called back to work within days of her return from Thailand so nothing has happened yet. It will though, I have no doubt ... she is a farmer at heart. I am not sure if I have heard of Poutine ... the word seems familiar, but French fries with cheese and gravy sounds like something a teenager would throw together on a whim. It does look good and I love cheese curds, so I am quite certain, I would love it. Your Thanksgiving Poutine looks tempting as well, though it screams calories. I think I will skip the meal and eat Lemon Pudding Cake instead :) So I know I read something about comment limitations on Google when I came over to post and now it is gone ... does that mean you found a resolution to the problem? If so would love to hear about it :) You are branching out in so many ways ... hope we don't lose you to something bigger and better. Love coming here every week to post and to read your and your followers posts. Stay well, my friend ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rain, I love the fact that you draw a lovely squirrel. We have to bribe them with sunflower seeds on the concrete to lure them away from the birdfeeder.

    I had no idea there was a special pan-thing for making baguettes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ...we I first heard of Poutine I thought really and then I tried it and I said really good! Thanks for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are a few flowers in today's share! Rick makes baguettes all the time (he freezes the extras -- makes them in groups of eight). The BEST! You'll love your new gear and they will be delish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that lemon pudding cake! Mmmm. You are a good drawer and I think that cartoon is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really wish we had enough data to do videos! I think I'll have to pencil in a day to go to the library and just check out all your stuff! Happy growing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely art of Granny planting seeds with a helpful Tweety bird :)
    Yummy food.

    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, all that delicious looking food and that lemon..cake - yum. Love that squirrel art. I have been having a war with the squirrels in my yard. They have figured out a way to break the feeder, then when the feeder is on the ground they even break through the plastic windows to get to the food. I'm over those guys but i love your sketch. And all those seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your squirrel! Good job on your seedlings too. I got some soil the other day. I want to plant some herbs on my sun porch. I also got some frozen curly fries so I can make some poutine! I'll be putting that lemon pudding cake on my menu too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rain - I love poutine, but I can only handle it in small doses!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Rain! I'm loving that squirrel drawing, I know I've seen that lil bugger before! haha The food looks delish and so excited your seeds are sprouting. I love lemon icebox pie so both of those desserts look amazing to me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. The poutine looks delicious! I would definitely eat that. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dearest Rain,
    it's lovely of Granny to sow catnip and sunflower seeds for Sylvester and Tweety! Your drawn squirrel turned out super pretty! I feel like your friend Iris - I've never heard of Poutine either! To be honest, I'm not sure if I would like it - I like French fries crispy... and I don't really need a weight-gainer now either ;-DDD - Nevertheless, I think the Lemon Pudding Cake would definitely be my thing ;-) I sometimes feel that when it comes to food photos, they don't look as tasty as the originals, but the most important thing is definitely how it tastes! :-9
    Have a happy new week of May!
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/05/monatsruckblick-auf-den-april-teil-1.html

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain