Thursday, March 25, 2021

Thursday Art Date: Motion and Movement


Hello Friends!! 😊😊

Welcome to Thursday's Art Date, today our theme is Motion and Movement. I've been on the move like crazy lately...there is just so much to do now that winter seems to be over! Here is the Roadrunner (in ink and graphite) doing what he does best as the song goes... πŸŽΆ "...'cause runnin' down the road's his idea of havin' fun! (beep beep!)" 🎢  😊

 
 Here is a video titled "Wile E. Coyote's Best Moments for your viewing pleasure!



Movement...well, I tried a self-portrait with charcoals. My reference photo was taken last summer as the wind blew my hair. I thought I'd try to capture that motion! 

And that's really all I had time for! It feels weird that I only did two pieces for this theme!!! Let's check out some food I made in the last week! By the way friends, let me know which cuisines you love and what your favourite dishes are - I love food inspiration! 😊



Pizza poutine: I'm a poutine-nut. I will try anything with fries, some kind of sauce and melted cheese. I'm trying to be creative with poutines lately. This was really delicious! On top of the fries, I layered 4 cheeses (Mozz, Parm, Cheddar, Goat), then poured hot homemade pizza sauce on top with a sprinkle of oregano. MMMM!


Cheese fondue poutine: Well, this one was a stretch lol...but it worked! We usually have some kind of cheese fondue each month, but this time I poured my Smoked Cheddar and Apple Cider Fondue over the fries and topped it with apples and the cubed bread. The bread was overkill, but the apples worked so well. Another poutine triumph!


Have you ever had/made a stromboli? It's basically a pizza rolled up and baked. You take your favourite pizza dough, roll it out into a rectangle, add your toppings, then roll it up and bake it at 400 F for about 20 minutes or so. It's so good. I brushed garlic butter on the dough and added Goat cheese, Mozzarella and fresh tomatoes with a little basil and oregano. Deliziosa! 😊 


I made two so we'd have leftovers. The first night we had it with a spinach salad and some pasta with Balsamic vinegar/olive oil and Parm drizzled on top with fresh tomatoes.


The second night we had it with fries.


Comfort meal: Potatoes gratin with spinach salad.


Spaghetti with garlic bread!


I went cake-baking-crazy one day! I made a lemon sponge cake with lemon buttercream frosting. And I had more of those nice strawberries, so I made another strawberry shortcake.


Now let's digest with some pet photos! :) Here's the apple of my eye...Jack. He was giving me his opinion about food as I snapped this photo! 😊


Oscar and Charlie - best friends. 😊

That's all for now folks! Please check out the link gadget below to see more "Motion and Movement" artwork!

*******************



April 1st (NO foolin'!!!): Next Thursday's theme is Doorways and Alleys. Click on the link for ideas and inspiration! Remember it's all about creating. You can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, baking, poetry...whatever you like! 🎨

Thursday Art Date With Rain. Click on the link for a description of the art date as well as a list of upcoming themes.

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! Also, if anyone adds a link that has nothing to do with the art date theme, it will be removed! The link gadget expires Friday at midnight (EST).

*******************

32 comments:

  1. I think you did great on the selfie. I have always love the Road Runner. OMG! All that food. Yes, I make the Stromboli and your are right it is so good. Your cakes WOW. I want that strawberry Shortcake. Love your pet photos too. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Roadrunner! I recognize you immediately in your self portrait, well done Rain. The food looks amazing, I don't know how you stay the weight you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for leftovers - the flavours often intensify and they are quick and easy.
    Love your art and your furry friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Roadrunner is the perfect example of movement and motion. Great choice. And I LOVE your self portrait, too. Great movement with your hair.

    Your meals look wonderful. I made beer battered fish and fries this week. I never thought of putting cheese on the fries. It sounds delicious.

    The "critters" all look adorable, too. How sweet they look. How is Marlene doing? Better, I hope.

    I won't be playing again until April 29 because I do my 22 days of recycling. I'll stop by and visit, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baking cakes and cooking are great at it as well as painting and drawing, the Roadrunner is so fun and I admire your selfi, rain. Your cute photos of your animal gang. I hope Marlene is doing well under the circumstances.
    At the moment I like to eat lamb's lettuce with sheep's cheese with onion baquette or today I have mussels.
    Have a good week, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your self portrait is great, you got the movement of your hair well!
    Your cakes look very professional :) I hope your pets are settling into the routine with Marlene's care plan and that you still have factored in time for yourself to refresh. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. much❤love

    Thanks for today's prompt

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful drawings.
    The food looks delicious and the cake I would like to taste a part of it.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great art and photos, and that food, oh my! I'm only allowed a bland diet just now, so I'm hoping for better times! Have a great week, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Rain,

    Wonderful sketch of the Roadrunner. Your furbabies are all cuties!
    The meals looks yummy, the stromboli looks delicious and easy. I wish my hubby liked anything with lemon, I love lemons. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sketches of the roadrunner and your self. It must have been hard to draw yourself. I mean, I rarely like to see myself in photos. If I should try to draw mine I think I would give up after 5 min. :) You did great!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Roadrunner has become part of folklore almost, and it's amazing how many people don't realize that there really is such a bird. It doesn't say beep beep, however! I can understand that you have been busy. It is the time of year when we start to bring out the patio furniture etc and get ready for the pleasant days ahead. I started backyard maintenance on Tuesday and we actually were able to have lunch on the patio. I have been leaving a link, but it occurs to me that I may be a bit of an imposter doing so, since my posts don't really comply with the criteria is seems. Let me know whether I should resume or not; I am perfectly happy to follow your instructions, Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rain,

    Road runner has zipped by Wile E. Coyotte yet again. :) I sketched both of these characters in 2017 and it was at that point I realized that I wanted to draw more Looney Tune characters but never got around to it. Well...not as much as I'd like. I did a few here and there but now I'm heavy into drawing Looney Tunes for next month's A2Z challenge. I like the door open with the line leading your eyes outdoors to the night sky. Very nice! Your foodie artwork made me drool on my keyboard. I have made stromboli a few times from scratch using my pizza dough recipe. It's really quite good, too. The lemon sponge cake with lemon buttercream frosting looks yummy! Have you shared this recipe before? I might have to look for it. Thanks for the inspiration and fun, my dear. Have a doodletastic weekened! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...the Roadrunner is a wonderful choice for motion, beep, beep! I like poutine too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roadrunner brings back childhood memories and your self portrait is fantastic. All of your food looks amazing. I practically drooled on my keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WEll, I totally missed last weeks diagonals ... my computer conked out on me and it took a week to get it back from Geek Squad ... apparently Covid is causing more havoc than we are aware because the Geeks were overwhelmed with conked computers. But I do think your Tweety is adorable with all of the snazzy rain gear. This weeks RoadRunner is the best and I watched the full Wile E Coyote movie and I will never complain about having a bad day again :) Your self portrait is awesome and I can see the motion in your hair. I am so jealous ... my portraits just don't capture the real me or anyone else for that matter :( But I can move down the page and drool over all of your concoctions. If I could eat like that I would be willing to be fat (still don't know how you do it). So glad to hear Marlene is dong better and I hope you are right about her possibilities. It is so hard to think in terms of losing one of our babies and yet we know when we bring them home that we will probably outlive them. Well, I am off for now ... hope this coming week is a good one for you. Stay safe ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of good looking food there - that spaghetti sauce looks yum as well as the desserts! Love your self-portrait too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry i'm so late today Rain I feel like the road runner myself trying to get care duties done, prep for MIL 2nd vaccine tomorrow, weekly shop the list goes on and on.. but I made it eventually. Your got RR just right he looks like he's heading on so fast, beep beep and you did fab with your charcoal just look at that flowing hair, now that's a medium I'm not very confident with at all.
    The stomboli sound delicious, makes my tummy rumble looking at it along with those cakes, I have a soft spot for anything with lemon.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. After reading the rest of this post, Rain, and seeing all the ways you prepared poutine and then strombolis, it’s no wonder you didn’t have time for more art! And, I won’t even mention those desserts, but of course I just did. We also like leftovers, but how do keep leftovers of all the cakes? Is there such a thing for desserts?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning Rain. I too missed last week as the subject of birds and diagonals is a difficult one for me swing. Good to see you included a bird for me, the Road Runner, real for so many in parts of North America but not for me.

    I have to Google "poutine", not a word we use. But they all look delicious. Stromboli is something we don't make. When it comes to Pizza the grandkids will eat it until it comes out of their ears. So there's a good deal on at the Coop now - 2 pizzas and 4 beers for £5. Guess which part of that we like while the pizzas go in the freezer for kids' day. Give my love to Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The food looks amazing. I have stromboli on my try it list, but haven't made it yet. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  22. your self portrait is remarkably beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!

    loved the photo too :)

    your pet are cute and best :)
    i bet you cook one of the amazing food wow i am really impressed with your devotion and dedication for all you do .
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post Rain - you've been so busy as always - everything looks beautiful or delicious!!!!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a great job on your self portrait. And I would like a piece of your lemon sponge cake, please.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I do like the roadrunner, and I love the look of your food :)

    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yum...Yum...and Super YUM, Rain! Your food photos never disappoint! If we lived near you, I know I’d have to be in a bigger size...for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have eaten well, that's for sure. I'd love to dive into each and every photo! Love the roadrunner and your beautiful dog and cat. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can understand why you are very busy - there is always a lot to do in spring. I think your movement pictures, even if there are not as many as usual, are very successful. I get hungry from your food photos ;-) And your animals are very adorable - Jack looks so sweet and the cute Oscar and Charlie cuddling, a wonderful sight <3 <3 <3
    All the best from Austria and happy Easter days,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/03/ausflug-nach-loretto-und.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Friends, I'm late answering questions, so sorry! But here we go:

    Elizabeth: Marlene is doing a lot better (as of today April 5th)! She isn't quite eating on her own yet, but the other day had a little kibble and pork on her own, I was so proud, but at this point I still have to force feed her.

    Cathy: No, I haven't shared the recipe for the lemon sponge cake! I am trying to find some time to post my recipes again...I have some all the way from Halloween that I haven't done, so it's a project for this year to catch up!!

    Dorothy: Usually there aren't any leftovers of the cakes! But when I make a big one, I usually cut it in half and immediately freeze it. Depending on the cake, it usually defrosts pretty well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mmm...cake! I love πŸ‹ desserts. I've been eyeing πŸ“ cake recipes too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your self portrait is amazing!!!! How come your food always makes my mouth water? LOL! Love seeing your pets! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain