Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Thursday Art Date: 🐦 Aviary 🐦


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art Date (posted on Wednesdays)!! 😊😊 Today our theme is Aviary! Daffy Duck is taking a much-needed vacation at the Aviary Suites and Lounge. It comes well-recommended, I hope he can relax a little! (Click on the photo to biggify the humourous font πŸ˜‰)


This is my charcoal drawing of a Pterodactyl. At least I think that's what it is! It could be a Pteranodon. Am I impressing you yet lol? I just read on Google that the Pteranodon is often mixed up with Pterodactyls because they look alike, but Pterodactyls are smaller. Oh those flying reptiles!

If you'd like to follow along, I recorded myself drawing this in real-time for my Rain Frances Art YouTube channel!

Here's an 8-second video I took outside my window yesterday morning. The Grackles are back and IN NUMBERS. I believe this is called a Plague of Grackles? There are some Red-Winged Blackbirds in that group too...a Cluster of Blackbirds. There are a few Mourning Doves in there too, but not enough to consider it a Flight of Mourning Doves!

My kid's art channel on YouTube is slowly growing. I'm getting some nice feedback! Here is my latest lesson - How To Paint a Beautiful Sunset!


I made a bunch of hummus this past week! Here's a video showing you how to shell the chickpeas. I don't know why but YouTube won't let me embed vertical videos, so you have to actually click on the photo! I've been sharing videos on this blog for years, but I always have them as unlisted. Now all of the videos that have to do with cooking, baking, homesteading, gardening, cheese-making, pet care etc...will be public on my formerly empty channel Rain's Kitchen and Garden! Subscribe if you're interested!! ☺ 


This was the spread for our Easter dinner. VERY vegetarian-friendly. (I'm linking up with Kathy's Food Wednesdays for today's post!)


I made three kinds of hummus. Carrot Hummus, Caramelized Onion and Garlic Hummus and tomato and basil hummus. The tomato basil hummus was too runny though, so I won't share that recipe yet, I need to tweak it!


I made my Veggie PatΓ© again. SO delicious with my Homemade No-Knead Bread!! 


This all went so well with a fresh spinach salad, with Feta cheese, Kalamata olives and black olives. I made a vinaigrette with 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar, a dash of salt and 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil! Yum!


Here is the dessert spread! I couldn't help myself...baskets of Easter chocolate!




We had brunch one morning, and I made my Breakfast Burritos. We eat these at least once a week, they are so easy to make and delicious! I have mine with just the egg whites.


Gardening season is starting! I burned drainage holes into 240 of these little cups that I'm using to start my seeds! Stinky job, but I did it outside. I'll be starting seeds in my window this year. The shelves are up and I'll be in the dirt for the next few days. I have so many varieties of veggies, fruit, herbs, lettuces and flowers to start. I'll share all of that with you next week! ☺


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more "Aviary" creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Dates For Rain's Thursday Art Date: click on the links below for a description of the theme and inspiring images!

April 28th - Leaves and Branches

May 5th - May Flowers:  Planting Seeds
May 12th - May Flowers: Sun and Water
May 19th - May Flowers: Pollination
May 26th - May Flowers: Flowers Blooming

This art date is all about creating. You can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, baking, poetry...whatever you like! 🎨

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget expires Friday at midnight (EST).

****************************************** 

35 comments:

  1. Good morning, I am hungry now looking at all these delicious dishes. Thanks Rain. I am off to check out your links and your you tube channels. so happy you shared with us for Food Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am using the free link up so I don't have a way to edit the link ups I had asked Elizabeth over at T about that once and she could not find a way either to edit.
    I am enjoying your foods-thanks for sharing, and I just subscribed to your you tube channels. enjoy your wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! But everything looks wonderful (art) and delicious (food)! My Rare One started her garden seeds one year in cardboard toilet paper rolls that had been cut down to a smaller size. The advantage of those is that they can be planted "as is" -- the roots grow out the open bottom and the cardboard sides compost in the soil. Plus, so long as you collect the empty TP rolls all winter, they're "free" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain your hummus and Easter dinner looks delicious. As does the Easter candy. Double yum. Oh and I forgot the carrot cake. I thought about making one for Easter and never got around to it. Right now I am obsesses with working outside, except today when the wind is really strong. Anyhow. I also love the look of those breakfast burritoes. I'll have my avian post up tomorrow. Take care. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the food part of your posts. It makes me hungry and gives me new ideas. I love eating chickpeas in soups and salads. I don't like buying them processed so I do exactly like you do, I precook and shell them. They are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a feast. Would love to join you. I will be linking my post tomorrow. Great way to put the holes in. I never thought of that. LOL Have a very lovely day today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness you are busy.
    Happy cooking, planting, creating...
    And I hope that Daffy enjoys his holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a vegetarian spread! yum! i could eat all of that! i've been doing so little cooking lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Rain

    Love the Daffy Duck piece, your art work is amazing. Neat video of the Grackles. The food looks delicious, I would love the Spinach salad, yum. Carrot Cake looks yummy, one of my favorite cakes. You are busy, starting your seedlings. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You inspire me. The red cups as planters is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know how you keep up with so much Rain! Glad your children's channel is picking up- it's such a good thing to get them to craft, make art, and cook too instead of being in front of the TV or phone so much.
    And oh how delicious your vegetarian spread looks- the hummus varieties- yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful Easter spread oh my! That is so cute the Aviary Lodge! Beautiful charcoal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rain, I'm gonna try to start commenting again and see how it goes. Love that wood-burner's alternate use! Honey looked at your hummus trio lovingly. Nice eats for Easter. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Easter meal spread looks delicious and very healthy as well. I spot Lindt bunnies in your Easter basket, aren't they the best? Carrot cake is very fitting for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness ... you certainly keep busy.
    Lovely art, lovely food.
    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always good food found here Rain... You have way more energy than i do! Happy Food Wednesday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are such a busy person! And so skilled and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Grackles are the work of the Devil. Loud, nasty, and they scare off the smaller birds.

    The meals look delicious (as always) - and congratulations on the channels!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your art - and foods (the hearty ones).

    ReplyDelete
  20. The art is beautiful again.
    I love the food and especially the cake.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  21. If you are into art containing images of prehistoric flying creatures, you have my seal of approval! Then there's that other slithering prehistoric creature in Russia, barely removed from primordial slime - and less appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! You are so busy and productive! I don't care for hummus...I've tried several and made my own but I can't get myself to like it. I am definitely slowing down. There will be no outside gardening for me this year. My water bill was huge from last season plus I can't handle the heat here in the summer. I might try a few herbs or some inside gardening but that's all. Your Easter feast looked wonderful. Your carrot cake was beautiful and I bet it tasted great too. I love the spinach salad...yum and I am definitely going to try your breakfast burittos! You are thriving! Hugs ~ Sam

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've said it before and will again - I want to eat at your house. I think you must be the most fantastic cook of all time! And I finally have a post that fits the theme so I can join in! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aloha Rain! Do hope you will consider my photos art thank you

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that cartoon! That's a lot of grackles - we don't have them in the mountains but a 40 minute drive down to the high desert, there are tons of them. The food looks delicious and I wish I knew even 5% of what you know about gardening. I always think since we get snow in the mountains i have no idea when to start anything plus we only rent here. I would love to self sufficient like that.

    ReplyDelete
  26. ...what a spread of culinary delights, the carrot cake attracted my attention! Thanks for hosting and have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I love your imagination ... Aviary Suites, Perfect and funny. I also love your Pterodactyl ... I think they are relatives of todays raptors, if I am not mistaken. Food Food and more food. I have never tried humas ... not sure why. It seems to me it would be high in calories... I will have to look into it because it looks good on your plate :) I went over to your Kitchen and Garden and subscribed. While I was there I noted your David Garrett site ... I love David Garrett's music. Have all of his CD's and listen to him while I am exercising. So yet another thing we have in common. I plan to come back to learn how to make the beautiful morning sky on your site. You are so awesome ... you always lift my spirits and especially in the times we are living in, it is a wonderful thing. Thank you Rain, for being Rain and sharing all of your talents with us.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  28. I never heard the phrase "plague of grackles" however I do know they are not your countrymen's favourite bird. I remember when ringing them we were warned about their feet scratching our hands and into the flesh. Seems like we might get "grackle pox"! I quite liked their boisterous ways and their iridescence. Enjoy your weekend Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Rain - I love Greek foods of all kinds. Your hummus and salad are mouth-watering! Enjoy the coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You're making me crave a vegetarian sandwich with hummus spread on the breads. We had deluxe tuna fish sammies today and yesterday. I bought sliced brioche bread and layered inside iceberg lettuce (I was supposed to use butter lettuce by well TJ's didnt have that), sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, and then the tuna fish salad mix of the fish, mayonnaise, diced parsley, I forgot the lemon juice, S&P, and diced celery.

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh the art on the first is stunning and neat wow i loved it !

    yes i think i have seen the reptiles in some movie though did not know the name ,i have to make rush as electricity is about go yes load shedding
    your food is mesmerizing as it is hard to remove eyes lol you are amazingly talented dear Rain !
    love and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dearest Rain,
    your pictures of Daffy Duck and the Pterodactyl are wonderful! (I can clearly see it's a Pterodactyl! Absolutely! No doubt! ;-)))
    I like hummus - I especially like the Caramelized Onion and Garlic Hummus receipe, sounds great! Your cup collection for the start of the gardening season is also pleasing. I bought some small plants (lettuce, tomatoes and courgettes) from the organic farm shop today, but I also plan to sow some vegetables myself. And of course I'll grow potatoes, pumpkins and some other vegetables again.
    All the best
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/04/italien-reisebericht-lucca-toskana.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. The art is always wonderful to see, Rain. You certainly have a lot going on with all the YouTube channels and while I haven't left comments, I have enjoyed watching several. The Easter foods looked good and I didn't know about the various hummus flavors you made. The best part about the treats was that carrot cake and the liquors, Amaretto is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain