Thursday, April 14, 2022

Thursday Art Date: A Fond Memory ♥


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art Date! 😊😊 Today our theme is A Fond Memory! Granny is having a wonderfully fond memory of the day she adopted her sweet little Tweety Pie! ♥


This is my charcoal fond memory. When I decided I'd had enough with city life, I moved to the Appalachian mountains. I LOVED it there! I arrived at my cottage rental on a November evening. It was raining and chilly. The fragrance of wood burning in fireplaces along with the rain...and the absolute silence otherwise is a memory that is tattooed in my my mind and heart! 

I recorded myself drawing this memory if you're interested! How To Draw A Rainy Day Mountain Scene with charcoal pencils!

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful support regarding my new kid's art channel! Here's my latest,  How To Draw A French Bean! It's part of my "Alphabet Soup series! ☺ It's going very well!


Another hugely busy week! I spent half the week back and forth picking up top soil and tires. Tires! Those are for my potatoes and root veggies. 


I had great success in my past gardens using tires as garden beds. This is a photo from 2018. Any garage or mechanic will be happy to let you have tires for free since they have to pay to have them recycled.


The strawberry plants are starting to emerge!


My garlic is starting to come up! I still have about 25 bulbs from last year's harvest, but I'm so glad I planted more because we use it a lot!


I did find time to try a few new recipes this week! I had plans for more...but no time. This is a winner! Pasta with Camembert, Mushrooms and Spinach


My latest batch of Cams was ready just in time for this delicious dinner!


I also tried a Baked Goat Cheese Salad! Definitely will be on the summer salad roster! I served this with my Homemade Croutons and Homemade No-Knead Bread. Yummers!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more "A Fond Memory" creations! See you soon!!! 💗 💗 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Dates For Rain's Thursday Art Date: click on the links below for a description of the theme and inspiring images!

April 21st - Aviary
April 28th - Leaves and Branches

This art date is all about creating. You can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, baking, poetry...whatever you like! 🎨

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget expires Friday at midnight (EST).

****************************************** 


34 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great!!! Do you worry about contaminants in the tires leaching into the food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art, ove grandma and tweety! And the food looks more than fabulous. Yummy! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny and Tweety Pie both look so contented Rain. I really love your rainy evening sketch of your first glance at your new forest home, fresh air and the smell of wood burners a grand combination.
    The mushroom and pasta dish looks scrumptious another warming combo.
    Happy TAD and Easter to you all. Creative best wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Rain, your gardening is coming along well, I'm glad you are through that really cold harsh weather. I have planted some potatoes on my friends allotment (land rented from the authorities), she's sharing her space with me. Tyres are a great idea for earthing up potatoes and a great way to recycle. Your memories of moving to the mountain are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fond memory (and the one you created for Granny, your garden and your delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Rain

    Love the Tweety Bird fond memory and your beautiful Appalachian's charcoal is lovely. It is great to see those seedlings popping up. Your pasta meal and the Goat cheese salad look delicious. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no doubt that the tyres are efficient, Rain, in terms of containing the plants, but I would suspect that contaminants are leaching into the soil. That's why the garages have to pay a fee to have them recycled correctly. Actually, they don't pay it, you do, since there is an environmental fee on your bill when you purchase new tyres.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cheese looks amazing Rain. And I love the idea of baking cheese and adding it to a salad. And isn't it exciting to see the world greening up again? I've seen people use tires in their gardens as planting beds. If I brought home old tires I think the hubby would roll his eyes at me as he already think my veggie garden isn't pretty enough. Like a veggie garden needs to be pretty. Nice art too. I'm with you about living in the country, although there are things you can do in a city it's harder to do int he country, and vice versa. Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now your memory is our memory. 🤗Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny tweety bird memory and a wonderful sketch of your mountain retrear. Hard work with the tires but great idea. The food looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have such rich posts! Your plants are so heartwarming!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Gotchya" days are always the best (although I always fail to remember them).

    The garden looks great! I am about 30% done with planting, but will have to delay for a week as we are headed out to Old Home (I never get the timing right).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your art, especially the first one.
    The food looks delicious, especially the pasta looks delicious.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy, I wash them as best I can, but in the past the potatoes have been just fine. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice art as always. Wow that is a haul on the tires. The food is amazing looking especially the cheese. Have a really good day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pasta and cam looks to die for. Oh, you do eat well in your home! I love it!

    My strawberries are looking pretty good, too. I hope so. I don't have many but I'm hoping they spread!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Grandma and Tweety pie drawing.
    Your food looks delicious.

    Have a lovely week ahead. I'm sure you will be busy, but make sure you also take time to rest a while.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...Rain, being busy is an understatement for you! Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Rain. My granddaughter Michelle (10) has been looking into your drawing for kids where she had a go at drawing a bee. Not as good as your own I'm bound to say. And then a day or two later she told me how she'd been trying something new, sorry can't remember what. Keep up the good work.

    You found a great use for the old tyres. Take care, and take a rest sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your pasta dish. It looks so delicious. I also like your Grannie and Tweety cartoon, very cute. Good luck with your garden. Interesting comment by David regarding the tires.

    ReplyDelete
  21. dear Rain what a beautiful posting !!!!!

    Oh i absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED the grannie having her fond memory:) you have created it so awesomely i am really impressed !

    oh how can i forget when i felt myself part of your worries and runs you were making for choosing new places ,i would update hubby about it and we both would wish you luck :) i am so happy you found place of your dreams my friend ,may more happiness come to you and yours in future amen!

    loved the plantation too though never saw anything like this here ,i hope an pray all go well and you harvest abundance of your sowing !
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Rain, your food always makes me so hungry :D
    I can't find the posts about when you moved to your new property, I would love to read it all. How long have you been there now? I've been out of the loop for too long.xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rain - what a creative use of old tires! We are in the UK now, and everywhere there is green and tons of blooming flowers. Quite a refreshing change from cold and white Montana! Happy spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am drooling over your food photo picture, Rain. Yum! I love looking at your garden photos too. Its the time of year for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great to see the weather is cooperating to the garden plans! Hope you have a marvelous week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yarrow: I'll leave you the link to that blog post on your blog!! We've been here nearly 2 years now! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great looking and surely delicious food photos, Rain, and it's never a good thing to read your posts without having a meal. Glad to read that the art lessons for kids is going so well too. I think the intro is wonderful and your delivery is well paced too.

    David's concern about the tires possibly leaching contaminants into the soil was interesting. Are you concerned that this could be happening with your garden?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dorothy: Well, I used to be concerned. But I honestly try my best to clean the tires really well. Also, I figure what's worse? Pesticides? Plastics? Contaminants? I think in an ideal world, I'd have a completely organic garden...but for now, I think the tires work really well!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great idea to use tires for gardening. My daughter loved her little twitty bird when she was young. she always had it with her whenever she went. :) Enjoy your week, Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the cute paintings. I am also in the midst of sowing some seeds in my garden. Delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing with us for Food Wednesdays.
    I always enjoy your art so am happy you are linking up foods too-hugs
    I am off to check out your food links.
    Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  32. All your food looks delish Rain! AND you made CHEESE! MMmmmm.... happy food wednesday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  33. How interesting to use tires as garden beds.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain