Thursday, October 31, 2019

Thursday Art Date: Halloween! and Paint Party Friday!


Hello Friends :)

πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ And a BLESSED SAMHAIN to my friends who celebrate!! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Will you be tricking or treating? 😁

Welcome to Thursday's Art Date, today our theme is of course, Halloween! I'll get straight to the art and I have some foodie photos and recipes to post as well! The gang at Looney Tunes - and my gang here - hope you have a spooktacular day! 


I'm also linking up with Paint Party Friday tomorrow!






Here is my watercolour Vincent Price. I've been watching a lot of his movies this month, he really is the King of the Macabre! His voice is unmistakable, and he's done a lot of reading of Poe fiction and he does it so well. He even put out a few cookbooks! What's not to like? I'm sure many of you will remember his spoken voice in Michael Jackson's Thriller song! Here's the video, I think this was my favourite video of the 1980's...I even learned the dance with some friends of mine! Get ready to moonwalk down memory lane...




Here's another watercolour. Do you recognize her? The Wicked Witch of the West from Wizard of Oz. I don't know why I was drawn to painting her this week, I watch this movie around Christmas every year. But she suits this theme very well! 🌊 What a world!! 🌊


What's Halloween without a few zombies here and there? Do you recognize this lovely watercolour lady? πŸ˜‰ Ladies and Gents, I present to you the Zombie Rain! She and I visit the same dentist! πŸ˜  Must...eat...brains... 


I'm making a fun feast tonight but I'll share some of the food I made this past week. A few days before Halloween, I always make some themed food for fun. On Sunday night, I made a Ghostly Calzone. I also had some fun with treats! These are Witch's Hats and Spider Cookies! (See the Googly Eyes?) The witch hats are filled with M&M's. We had those for a few days!


Tuesday night we had spaghetti and I fancied up my garlic bread to make some mummies!


Here are this year's Jack O' Lanterns! Bloody Mary (don't say her name three times!!!) and my hero Vincent Price. Every year I carve my pumpkins while I watch the old Halloween horror films from the 1970's and early 1980's. It's become a fun tradition for me!


Yesterday Alex and I spent the day snacking and watching movies. This is my Halloween Eve table!


I made my version of a Chex mix, Rain's Party Mix and some Seasoned Pretzel Sticks.


Witch Brooms made with Mozzarella and pretzel sticks for the handles.




Baked Tortillas Chips shaped like pumpkins and bats.


And some festive Boo Bark!

That's all for now folks, please check out the link widget below to see more Halloween artwork! Visit Paint Party Friday tomorrow as well for more lovely creative art. And please join me on Sunday for my food and pets post. 🐾🐾🐾

********************
Fall Fishing on Bass Lake - the air is crisp and the sky is brilliant!

November 7th: Next Thursday's theme is Crisp and Brilliant! Click on the link for ideas and inspiration! Remember it's all about creating. You can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, baking, poetry...whatever you like! 😊

Thursday Art Date With Rain. Click on the link for a description of the art date as well as a list of upcoming themes.

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please don't include a link unless you participate in the art date!

********************

54 comments:

  1. Well, you certainly know how to celebrate Halloween! That food -- swoon! Love your Vincent Price, both watercolour and pumpkin. Bloody Mary is bloody marvelous too!

    Samhain Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowiw, what a fantastic post again. Great art, love all of your pieces, and good music, a trip down memory Lane, a Halloween (photo) of you, and all that disgustingly wonderful Halloween food, I don't know where to start or stop. Happy Halloween! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is really a party going on. my Halloween is either party or scary. But I think I join in anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain,

    You have enough Halloween snacks and treats to feed an army. I'm headed your way now! :D Your paintings are delightful and fun depicting the very essence of the ghoulish season. I'm glad you got to the dentist before Halloween so your inner Zombie self can have a brain fest. That is if you can find any. I'm telling you I have to wonder about that sometimes with all the dumb stuff I see people do anymore. *roll eyes* Thanks for sharing your recipes. I'm borrowing your Mexican Dip and Baked Tortillas Chips recipes. Have a safe, fun Halloween and thanks for hosting the artsy fun, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your food for special occasions is OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD! How you think of it all is amazing to me. And those pumpkins . . . truly works of art. And why not? You are an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Halloween post, spectacular food and art, right down to the mummy garlic bread, so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the Looney Tunes gang here. Your Vincent Price painting looks great. I'm not much of a fan of the Wizard of Oz but I did saw the movie. I'm not a fan of zombies. Nope.

    I hope you have a lot of fun watching horror movies and eating all that food.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are just like a creative explosion! WOW!!!! everything is fantastic! i want to come to your house for halloween and i don't think i've ever said that to anyone before!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a spread! That mummy garlic bread looks so cute. Have a great Halloween party, darlin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza!! The ultimate Halloween celebration! (I can access you blog on my phone! Hooray!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Debra :) Bloody Mary was bloody challenging to do, but she turned out well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Laurie :) This is my favourite time of the year and the celebrations continue all day and tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Valerie :) I'm glad you liked my zombie personality! :) We have so much food! I feel so stuffed lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Monica :) I'm glad you joined in, your work is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Cathy :) I have TOO MUCH food! I always overdo it! But at least we have plenty to snack on for a week lol. My inner zombie is craving brains, but I'll stick to pizza lol. Let me know what you think of the dip! This is a very mild version, you can add peppers or hot sauce or even taco seasoning if you want it to have more of a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Mama Pea :) I had a lot of fun preparing everything so far and I'm at it again today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Christine :) I get a lot of my ideas of Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Lissa :) It's a fun time here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Joyce :) Come on over! I'm flattered by your comment considering you are the hostess with the mostest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Leanna :) The garlic bread was so good, lots of butter under all that cheese!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Susan! So glad you could drop by! I've never checked how my blog looks on a phone, I hope it's okay! :))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rain, have I told you lately that you have grown so much in your art? If not..you have. Great job. I esp love the Wicked Witch of the West. My fave all time show. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much Pam! :) I knew you'd love my witch, I know it's your favourite movie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Samhain Blessings to you, Rain! Looks amazing over at your place. I'll be right over :)

    I LOVE that last phot. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sigh... I want some french bread pizza now. :) Wonderful foods, Rain. My most memorable Vincent Price movie is The Pit and the Pendulum. I just looked it up to make sure I was correct that it was Vincent Price who starred in that - I didn't realize this was based on a short story by Edgar Allen Poe! I just thought it was a scary movie from my childhood. Kind of makes me want to watch it again...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Vincent Price was a delightful actor. Love the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Martha :)) That photo was taken at a lake that is about an hour away. We met the caretaker 6 years ago, just by chance. It's a kid's camp and it's deserted from September through to May. He's so nice and he lets us go there to fish. It's so isolated! If only it were for sale lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks Becki :) Oh I loved the Pit and the Pendulum, though I think that Vincent Price's movie is very loosely based on the Poe story, it's still pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks TB :) I love carving pumpkins, and I'm always surprised at how good they look after! I adored Vincent Price. I have one of his books called "The Book of Joe". It was a book he wrote about his dog Joe and other pets he had, very heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVED loony toons dear Rain ,thank you for sharing their group painting ,i have always loved them most and believe me i still if i can take time and watch them
    can you paint granny for me along with one of those tough guys :)

    Happy Halloween ,i can see what a wonderful celebration you had on Halloween evening :)
    oh your food is outstandingly astonishing and INVITING :)
    your energy and wisdom is strikingly impressive my friend !

    Oh that image beside water just made my day :)))
    such beautiful pause and how nicely captured
    weather is glorious here either and we are so happy and grateful for that
    wishing you more happiness and peace in days ahead my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You really know how to celebrate a holiday, Rain. Both the art was wonderful and the food creations were not only creative but nice that you could eat them too. My favorites were the ghost calzone, mummy bread and bat and ghost chips. I agree with your comment on Vincent Price. We watched The House in Haunted Hill and I wanted to watch The Fall of the House of Usher but couldn’t find an ad-free version. If course, the Wizard of Oz is a favorite as my given name is Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely fantastic Halloween post.
    Love your art, love your food and I love that last photograph too!

    Have a fabulous month of November.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks Baili :) I will paint granny for you one of these days!!! :) Our Halloween was a lot of fun. The weather was perfect, dark, windy, rainy...very spooky :) I hope our weather gets a little better! It's very cold and it goes right through my bones!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks Dorothy :) The Fall of the House of Usher was one that I really liked too. We have most of his movies on our hard drive, we watch them often!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks Jan :) The food is great, it's going to feed us all week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am speechless at your artistic and culinary creativity, Rain! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  37. And Boo to you too ... you are the Halloween expert in all things. Great artwork, great food ... love it all. Where in the world do you get all the energy to create so many, so great, so delicious, so fun, so everything ... Participating in your Art Date is the best part of my week, especially when I come to see what you have come up with. Thank you, Rain, for all of it ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wonderful art, delicious food and such creative pumpkin carving! So glad you had a fabulous Halloween!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a spook fest. Happy PPF

    MuchπŸ‘©‍🎨love

    ReplyDelete
  40. Awesome Halloween watercolors and yummy Halloween festive foods!

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fabulous post, I love how you shared your day with us all. Magnificent watercolours... superb theme from start to finish.
    Happy PPF Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  42. wow , I love this creative artwork with!!! Wonderful watercolor!
    great spok fest!!!
    greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks so much Louise :) It was so much fun creating all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks Andrea :) I'm so glad to hear you love the art date so much! It's definitely a highlight of my week too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks Soma :) Halloween was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Gillena :) It was a great spook fest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks Carol :) The watercolours were a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks so much Tracey :) So glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thanks Elkes :) It's my favourite time of the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. How creative you are! LOVE this post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  51. I LOVE the one you did of Vincent Price best. He's a wonderful spooky old actor. :D

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you Beth :)) I agree about Vincent Price, he's the spookiest, I love his characters!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love zombie Rain, awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks Sis...it's like looking in a mirror lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain