Wednesday, August 10, 2022

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Cartoons and Caricatures & Watermelon Agua Fresca!


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! (Posted on Wednesdays!) 😊😊 

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is "Cartoons and Caricatures". Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! I caught Bugs Bunny last Saturday night at his restaurant. He was kind enough to take some time to pose for me!


I attempted a self-portrait caricature, but it turned out more like a cartoon so I decided to add colour! I watched a tutorial on how to draw a caricature, but I have to say it went a little over my head! Have any of you tried this? This is my face for Nicole's Friday Face Off! I'm also joining Gillena for her Art For Fun Friday post! 


πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I made a really refreshing Watermelon Agua Fresca! This is so delicious, especially on a hot summer day. It's a great "mocktail" and so easy to make!

On the video front:

⬆️ For Rain Frances Art, I recorded How To Paint A Starry Night Sky! This is another Bob Ross style acrylic painting lesson - so easy and a lot of fun!

⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw A Panda Bear!! 

⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Watermelon Agua Fresca.

⬆️ I also recorded a Video during one of the walks with the dogs last week!


⬇️ Below I have 3 "before" shots of the basement inside wall.




⬆️ I did all of the prep work. I had to remove all of the pink insulation, hard Styrofoam insulation, vapour barrier and spray foam that seemed like it was CRAZY GLUED around the garage door. It was quite a job but I'm proud that I got it all done by myself! I'm really learning a lot about my home and how to take care of it! 😊


⬆️ I also had to remove the vinyl siding from the outside wall. This was very hard on my hands, but I managed to get it all done in about 2 hours.


⬆️ I may have to replace the sheathing material because there were parts where it was all ripped up (to the right of the broken door). An update might be due, this house was put together over 30 years ago. 


⬆️ Day 3 had me realizing that the week ahead of rain might soak the wood on my wall because the sheathing was ripped up. So I decided to cover the entire area with tarp.


⬆️ I wrapped the tarp around long pieces of lumber and stapled it on. Then I installed hooks on the top and screws in the walls. This will make it easier for me to remove and replace the tarp when needed. I also used the vinyl siding with some rocks and my bird seed cans to secure the bottom. There's a little overlap in the middle so I can get out from the garage door.

Good thing I did this because we had MONSOON rains yesterday and Doug couldn't make it, he was worried the lumber might get soaked. But he's here today and I'll update you more next week!


⬆️ I have basically moved my office and studio into my screen tent. I spend as much time outside as I can because our winters are so horribly long and cold! I always bring the pets with me! ⬆️ Here's Jack!


⬆️ And Raven, you can really see her brace and harness in this photo!


⬆️ And Baby Oscar! I used to leave Oscar inside because I was afraid he'd scratch up the screen, but he really just wants to hang out with his pack, so he comes out with us! He's such a good boy! πŸ’—

I hope you're all well and enjoying life!! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–



That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

August 18th: Figure Drawing
August 25th: Gestures and Movement

September 1st - Mazes
September 8th - Apples
September 15th - Silhouettes
September 22nd - Harvest Dinner
September 29th - Hair

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Wednesday!

****************************************** 

29 comments:

  1. Bugs is looking VERY debonaire in that portrait. And I recognized you right away, Rain! I've tried my hand at cartooning but not caricatures -- yet. With all your hard work on your home, you'll be getting a job in construction in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it´s Tuesday! At least where I live. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You love caricature, nice work! Great job on the basement prep hope it goes perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! You are a miracle on home reno! I'm so impressed. And that watermelon fresca looks so refreshing. I wish it would warm up here enough to fully enjoy it. Buts looks terrific, too! You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really think your art is beautiful.
    The food looks delicious.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I love the Chez Bugs and your self portrait, they are both wonderful creations. The Watermelon Fresca sounds delicious. Great captures of the wildlife and your sweet furbabies out walking. You have done a lot of work on your house, Doug has a great helper. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another truly delightful post from beginning to end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on your house! We had to replace some of our siding a couple of years ago so that we could repaint the house. Part of it was really warped. Her house was built in the 70s and so there's lots of things we've done over the years to upgrade things. One of the first things we did was insulate our attic as it had very little insulation. Messy job but what a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the house Rain!

    I love the pictures of The Pack in the tent. A the Cat loves to be out on his catio.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will have aching muscles, Rain, but it will all be worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, dearest Rain, baby Oscar looks like a very good boy! And your two cute dogs are also very good and sweet! <3
    Oh my goodness, you've already had a lot of work to do with your house - and very lucky that the monsoon rains didn't come until you had everything covered! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the rest of the work doesn't take too long and everything goes smoothly!
    I really like your cartoon artworks again - I admire that you still manage to do this in addition to all your work. Oh, and I would love to have such a refreshing Watermelon Agua Fresca with you right now: Cheers!
    Hugs and all the best from Austria
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/08/blogparade-tropisch-exotisch-u30blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed all that. You work so hard. Good to see what you are up to. Soon, you'll have a new house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm, you summer-drink looks so refreshing! I still have cherries and a piece of melon in the fridge.
    And I am impressed. You did a great job with the wall.
    Mkes me think of the times my Brother and I did renovating - we were a good team and had loads of fun... and pizza!
    Raven looks fine with the brace/harness.
    And Baby Oscar, awww... sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your self portrait cartoon. I have never tried that kind of art. Your garage door looks like a huge challenge and I admire your determination as you did so much of it yourself. Love seeing your pets and your walk :)Betty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning, you are getting much accomplished! I enjoyed your art and food and videos. Happy Thursday and thanks for hosting-hugs from the lake Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. THat's a huge job Rain, and good for you to do it all yourself. I bet it will be great once it's finished, and I can't wait until next week to see the final results. I like your self portrait too. Those babies are adorable in nap mode too. I like to hang out on my screen porch the pups do the same thing. They also like to watch the yard for any critters that may walk through. Good luck with the project, and gappy rest of your week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rain
    Happy Thursday, enjoyed your watermelon fresco video.
    Luv todays art

    muchπŸ’–love

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Rain, that is an awful lot of hard work you accomplished! Everything looks great and I look forward to seeing your pictures of the finished project next week. I don't think I could do all that myself. - Nice caricatures, I've never tried that (and I probably won't). The watermelon agua fresca looks very refreshing. I can understand that you try to spend as much time outdoors as possible - I do the same, and our summers are pretty long. But it's just so nice to be outside. "My" cats usually keep me company as well. They also follow around when I work in the garden, it's so sweet. Your dogs and cat are such sweet cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, Bugs looks like quite the connoisseur. I didn't know he had his own restaurant. I am assuming he serves all things carrot :) In fact, I thought your wine glass should have a more orangish tint to it, yes?
    Yes, I did try looking at tutorials on caricatures and no, I couldn't grasp it either. I think you should use this prompt again a year from now and see how many of us have figured it out. I, for one, know I am going to try :) So your self caricature is close, really close ... I think, since they say exaggerate features you may need a little more nose. You think? So we should work on this and keep each other posted :)
    Loved walking with you and your dogs ... I so miss my walks with Izzi. They all have the same reaction to wildlife, so excited.
    You have done quite a job on your basement wall ... a lot of painstaking hard work, I see. I am looking forward to your f/u next week :)
    Being outdoors in the shade of a tent sounds so refreshing. Here it has been so humid that even being in the shade doesn't help. Though I have to say the last two days have been almost fall like ... fresh and in the 70's. Wish it would stay that way, but I know it won't. Lovely post as always, Rain ... till next week, stay well :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rain, love your drawings and watermelon is one of my favorite fruits, I'll have to check out your recipe next time we buy one. Great good luck with your repairs, it boggles my mind what all you do. And I started the Starry Night vid, will definitely finish it. Hope you have a good week, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...another busy, busy week for you, Rain. Thanks for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute face. Looks like you have been doing lots of hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That was a busy Summer week! I'm sure you needed that agua fresca, which looks so pretty and refreshing (Bugs would serve it proudly I'm sure.) The remodeling project looks like it's going well. I started to itch when you mentioned taking down the pink insulation -- I've been there more than once!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Always so much to see on your posts, thank you.
    I do like Chez Bugs.

    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rain - I am so impressed that you carried out such significant deconstruction all by yourself. And then to protect it, as well. I am not handy at all with these sorts of tasks. The watermelon agua fresca looks so refreshing - I could have used some of that after playing in the garden on a hot day - today!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm impressed, too, not only with all you accomplish, but with the stamina and determination you must have. So glad you were able to get the basement wall protected from the rain. I look forward to seeing your beautiful finished project, friend. Now I'm going to watch your videoed walk with the animals. They always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a job working in the basement must have been Rain and I hope the tarps kept the monsoon rains from damaging anything after all that hard work. Thanks for the watermelon drink recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love a good watermelon margarita. I better get some juice in the freezer while it is summer!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I haven't been a good participant lately. Right now, I have so much milk, tomatoes, figs, and pears that they take up my entire day. So I've set aside everything else until cheese and canning season are over.

    I hope you enjoy your new online class! I love that you've been developing your youtube channels. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain