Wednesday, August 3, 2022

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Lines and Contours & Pasta!


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! (Posted on Wednesdays!) 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is "Lines and Contours". Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! Check out Bugs Bunny's lines and contours, ooh la la! 😊 I drew this image from the Warner Brothers short "Hillbilly Hare" from the 1950's where Bugs dressed up to fool the hillbillies who were after him! He's such a stinker!


⬆️⬆️ Blogger b**ching again lol...I did some research. The Captcha thingy interferes with embedded comment forms a lot of the times. I rarely see Captcha when I'm trying to leave comments on blogs where the comments are embedded. I guess it's hit and miss. Tom, I tried to leave 2 comments on your blog last week, but they seem to have disappeared! There are so many others too, who seem to be missing my comments! I will keep trying and am hoping Blogger fixes it! πŸ’™ PS Christine, this was my comment for your post!!! πŸ’™


⬆️⬆️ Here are a few doggy faces for Nicole's Friday Face Off! Lines and contours of my lovely fur babies! I'm also joining Gillena for her Art For Fun Friday post! (Sis I hope you're feeling better!)


⬆️⬆️ I did a little 3D art this week too, using lines and contours to trick your eyes!


⬆️⬆️ πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I made a few pasta dishes in the past week. Some penne with a rosΓ© sauce. To make rosΓ© sauce, I use my Homemade Marinara Sauce, add some milk, white wine and Parmesan cheese petals; then heat it all up until it's melted really nicely!


⬆️⬆️ More penne, with fresh tomatoes, parsley, olive oil and S&P. I'm trying too cook as little as possible during this heat wave!


⬆️⬆️ Take a good look friends! This is my basement wall at the back of my house. Next week I will be very absent...I will post for TADD but you might not see my comments (not because of Blogger!). This wall is being rebuilt, which means I have to remove the broken door (to the right), the vinyl siding and the insulation on the inside. My carpenter friend Doug caught Covid last month but now he's all better - called me today saying he'll be here Tuesday (eek). I had to call my neighbour Perry who is taking the garage door on condition he remove it himself! Doug's going to put in a proper dryer vent, a new door and a window. I sure hope it all goes well! Please pray for me, I need it!!! 

On the video front:

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art, I recorded myself doing the 3D Trick Art! (It's super easy btw!)

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw Lemonade! Perfect for this weather!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing a few videos. I had to Shock My Well a few weeks back. For those who don't know, that means adding bleach to get rid of bacteria.

⬆️⬆️ I also Picked Blueberries on my acreage! We had a bear sighting lately, just across the road! They are eating the blueberries. Usually the bears and critters in this area want nothing to do with humans, but I'm carrying my air horn and pepper spray with me just in case!

⬆️⬆️ Here are Jack and Raven during one of our walks, they are best buddies, having fun together, I'm so in love with them!



That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

August 18th: Figure Drawing

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Wednesday!

****************************************** 

30 comments:

  1. Good luck with the renovations. Sigh at blogger. Missing comments (embedded or not) might have gone to spam. I check my spam folder daily now and it is often filled with comments from my friends.
    Lines and contours suit your art (and your culinary art) so very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain, sorry you cannot comment on my blog these days, at least we have Instagram to communicate! Between my old iphone 6, my new iphone and my windows laptop I seem to be getting through, it is maddening.

    Love your line drawings, my favourite is the 3D image. Yummy pasta. Good luck with the new basement wall will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, Bugs looks very cute in that dress. :)

    I saw this kind of 3D trick art a few years ago on youtube. Never tried it though. I have this kind of heartform to bake ginderbread cookies for christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jack and raven are just too cute together. raven is so lucky to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do wish blogger would fix things but since this is a free site we can't say much-and I would not know where to go for help either here on blogger.
    Looks like a big project-praying all goes well for all of you working on this.
    Pasta is perfect for a hot summer, I have been cooking really light too-and ice cream lol
    Off to check out your videos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, blogger is still causing many of us problems ...
    Hoping your renovation work goes well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your line drawings of Jack and Raven are WONDERFUL! And your 3-D art is AWESOME! And your rendition of Hillbilly Hare ROCKS! (one of my fave cartoons, by the way). I always enjoy gender-bending Bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great videos in this post, Rain. How lucky to have such a ready supply of blueberries. I picked some wild ones this season as well and a bag is in the freezer and we're enjoying another one now. we had a well when we lived in VA and I don't believe we ever shocked it, so you video was quite interesting to see the process. Thank goodness, we no longer have any home projects now.

    Good luck with the renovations and we will look forward to reading about it and seeing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will be such a good fix for your house. One more thing done. Love the art and the pasta dishes. Thanks for the info on the comments. Great videos too. Don't work too hard over there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dog faces are so sweet - actually Jack and Raven are super sweet. The 3D art looks very interesting - I will watch your video a bit later. Good luck with your renovation - that sounds like a lot of work that you are planning and I hope that all will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had something good to share for this theme. I don't but I'll love looking at yours and all the others joining in this week! Love your curvy bunny at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogger, oh, well, yes.
    Bugs sure is hot, and the 3d-heart... great!
    Sometimes I´m glad we have but this little condo and not a whole house. Fingers crossed all goes well.
    Thank you for sharing how the art is done - I´ll check tonight (work starts in 11 minutes).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your line drawings of Jack and Raven.
    I also really like penne and this looks really good.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the video about putting in videos. Have seen it but not studied it yet. I put your blog on my sideline but still have to put in your photo. I need time and some peace to get it into my head lol I always enjoy your blog and your youtube videos

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rain, fun post. I will join in again when I feel more stable. Just trying to keep things to a minimum just now! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pasta is my favourite.
    Some nice contour art. Happy Thursday

    muchπŸ’šlove

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, dear Rain - Bugs cuts a really good figure as a crossdresser! :-D And your "line-dogs" look soo good1
    Did I already write to you that I found a lot of comments in my spam folder? I think one of you was there, too... Luckily I always get the comments by email, which means I had read all your comments. By the way, I also included your great blackout comment in my current 2nd part, because I think it might shake up some people! I hope this is okay for you!
    As for your food photos - this time the empire strikes back ;-))
    What you write about your basement wall at the back of your house sounds like a major "medical intervention". I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your carpenter friend "Doc" Doug gets the medical treatment right and your house is back to full health.
    It's gonna be okay!
    Have a good time - cu next week!
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/08/blackout-part-2-crisis-safe-through.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have "fun" with the renovations! Hope all goes well and the contractors show up when they say they will.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Rain,
    I loved your Bugs Bunny art and your sweet doggie faces. The video of your dogs walking is fun, they looks like best friends. Like my Grand-dogs are best friends too. Your pasta meals look yummy, pasta is my favorite. Good luck with your renovations, I hope to see photos when it is all done. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elizabeth asked me to pass on this info: Bleubeard and Elizabeth are still unable to access her computer but want you to know they are not avoiding you and will visit once they are back online.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Who would have ever thought that Bugs could pull off being a sexy babe bunny ... but he sure is, thanks to you. Your line drawings of Jack and Raven are awesome ... they look like you didn't have to lift your pen from the paper. Really, is that how you did it? I am not sure I could pull that off :) Love your 3D ... you have really mastered this technique. I watched your video and think I could do it, but haven't tried it recently ... maybe sometime soon :)As for the food, Yummm ... noodles are always yumm and your sauce looks yummy too. I really like the olive oil, tomatoes and parsley ... a really healthy meal--Good stuff.
    Good luck with your wall and door and window and all. It will be a mess for a moment, but then it will be done and you can enjoy it. When we lived in Antioch by the lake, we had to shock our well. It is a pain, but a must be done issue. Good info for your readers :)
    As for the Blueberries ... I don't think they are wild, I think they are escapees from your neighbor. But whatever they are, they are sooooo good for you and they look delicious. Be Well, Rain ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Rain, hope your remo is going well! Prayers Up! I do love that Bugs drawing! While I usually love pasta and am not that picky, I am with penne, meaning, not a fan, don't know why. I do like it stuffed with cheeses but only had that one time at a restaurant. Again, wishing you a successful week with as little stress as possible! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great post Rain. We have iron bacteria also, and we use bleach, so I am very familiar with that. And oh those blueberries look delicious. I have some in the frig I've been having on my cereal this week, as well as making some blueberry bread. And it's fun to see Jack and Raven. As well as your yummy food too, of course. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck with that door! that's a horrible job but will feel great when it's done. Interesting about chlorinating the well, not something I would ever need to do thank goodness! Blueberries -- delicious I think you will be making some pies - I would be very scared to know bears are amongst the blueberries though! Betty

    ReplyDelete
  25. ...I remember as a boy at Boy Scout camp picking wild blueberries in the Adirondacks, They sure were sweet. Thanks Rain for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jack and Raven are a sweet pair. I love your 3-D drawing, Rain. And I watch, with interest, your shocking video. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Rain
    Best Wishes and thanks for linking to Art For Fun Friday

    MuchπŸ’–love

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy post, nice drawings πŸ‘
    Have a wonderful weekend πŸ’šπŸŒΊ

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi dear Rain.

    Sorry for being so late. My laptop is down so reading through tablet is quite difficult for me. I missed visiting your wonderful blog.

    Nice sketch as always.

    Dog faces are fantastic.

    Yes commenting has been problem since sometime for few blogs particularly. Glad you shared how to upload videos. I will revisit to follow your tutorial.
    Best wishes for all you up to do my friend

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain