Thursday, October 6, 2022

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Masks and LOTS of FOOD!!!


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Masks. Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! Bugs Bunny is heading to a masquerade ball tonight. He chose to dress up as Marie Antoinette!

Note: I've changed the link widget time to end on Sundays at midnight. I used to leave it open all week, but noticed come Monday evenings, there were lots of spam links, so I'm going to see if closing it on Sundays will help with that!



Since the Halloween season is in full swing (at least for me!), I chose to draw a scene from the movie Halloween: H20. This is a scene where Jamie Lee Curtis reprises her role as Laurie Strode. She looks up through the window in her door and who's standing right there? A masked Michael Myers! I tried to capture her horrified face with charcoal pencils on black art paper, but she looks a little more stunned than horrified in my drawing!


⬆️⬆️ πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I have a lot to share this week! I've been experimenting with vegetarian food lately. I made a delicious Zucchini and Ricotta Cheese Burger with Herbed Aioli. This was great but it had the consistency more of a fancy omelet than a burger!


⬆️⬆️ I used my 3-Ingredient Homemade Ricotta Cheese for the burgers!


⬆️⬆️ Baked pasta with broiled Cheddar cheese on top is always a staple here!



⬆️⬆️ I've been experimenting with bread recipes lately. I have a large project for my YouTube channel that I'm preparing. It's all about bread baking - it's in the works! This was my first experiment making Old Fashioned White Bread - fabulous!



⬆️⬆️  Rain's Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! A mix of dark and milk chocolate for the chips makes the flavour so wonderful. I use Lindt chocolate for these!



⬆️⬆️ This is the first time I made a Baked Apple Galette and it was yummy! Perfect for Fall! I found a recipe online but for the life of me, can't find it anymore...but there are plenty of recipes out there that you can try for this dessert! Next week will be all about Canadian Thanksgiving!


Doggie News: Jack is continuing to have eye trouble. He developed an ulcer on his left eye and we had to have a procedure done twice for him. After 6 weeks on antibiotic/anti-inflammatory drops, he is finally started to recover. ♥ Raven twisted her bad knee while playing. She was wearing her brace but her energy levels were through the roof and she overdid it! She is currently on pain killers and anti-inflammatory medication...she's hopping around on one leg...I hope she heals soon! But...this will be an ongoing issue with her. ♥


Frosty nights are here, I wake up each morning with a crunchy lawn! The garden is winding down. All I have left to do is harvest the potatoes from the tires and remove weeds and old plants for next season! I learned a lot about what I can grow here and what I can't!!! Look at my sorry harvest of tomatoes this year! Thank goodness I found that farm for my canned tomatoes! I'm trying to ripen these in my window!

On the video front:

⬆️⬆️ Here's a 10-second video, it's a Little Blooper from my garlic planting video!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art, I made a video of the Halloween: H20 Charcoal Drawing!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw Frankenstein's Monster!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing My First Potato Harvest!

⬆️⬆️ ⬆️⬆️  How To Make 3-Ingredient Ricotta Cheese!


⬆️⬆️ And finally, my video on Planting Fall Garlic!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

October 13th: Lost
October 20th: Haunted House
October 27th: Trick? Or Treat?

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

29 comments:

  1. Ha. I had a Halloween mask, too, but thought it´s a tad early and kept it for later.

    The burger looks to die for! And the pasta!
    Can you believe I "lost" bread????
    I made low-carb bread and put what I could not eat in time into the freezer. Gone.

    Apples, it´s the time.

    Poor Jack. But glad there is help.
    Oh, warm here, for a change - 05:30am, 16C / 61F.

    Wish I was allowed to use the garden for planting. No one uses it, but our "special" neighbor has an eye what you are "allowed" to do... And our balcony is small. Alas!
    I hide behind a mask, kinda, when I see him and give a "friendly" gooday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your art. YUMMMM on the food front.
    I hope your poor pooches recover quickly and well. It hurts when they suffer doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mask art and charcoal. The food looks amazing. Sorry about your pets. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rain, sorry for your pet health issues, hope they heal quickly. Tomatoes are such fussy plants, I think they grow best indoors even in a really hot climate, I had some this year which went in our salads but they didn't really pay for themselves. I just planted garlic, we eat a lot of it and I think it stores well. Your video on potatoes was interesting, I think supermarkets store them at low temperatures in the dark so your basement might be ideal if it doesn't get warm - will be interesting to see if they are then worth growing on a large scale :) I planted some which I hope will be ready for Christmas but it all depends on whether anything wants to eat them before we get the chance! I wan to grow mushrooms - that might be a good experiment for your basement :) Betty (the wood fairy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no raven. willie's leg does the same thing. on days when he limps, i give him a pain killer and anti-inflammatory and cross my fingers. remind me to give you my bread recipe. after making a gazillion loaves of white bread i have a really good one and it's from the maritime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We too eat vegetarian much more frequently these days. I doubt that we will ever make the switch totally at this stage in our lives, but we have cut back on meat drastically and don't miss eating so much of it. And we save money too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie Antoinette Bugs is great, LOL! And I love how you've so decoratively arranged the apple slices in your galette -- looks delicious! I like making galettes too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shouldn't come here when I'm hungry because now I'm REALLY hungry! It all looks delicious but if I could reach in and grab anything right now, I'd cut a big slice of that bread and make some wonderful toast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mix a can of black beans drained
    A can of beets drained
    A can of fire roasted tomatoes drained
    Chopped or shredded carrots

    Add chili powder and any spices you like to taste
    Mix all in a blender or chopper
    Add oats or flour or crackers to hold
    I use little flour
    You can air fry
    Toaster oven
    Reg oven
    Or stove
    The beets are important
    Frankly I throw together whatever I have but beets and black beans must enjoy
    Best veggie burgers
    I have been a vegetarian strict 30 years

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pumpkin princess, all this great baking and the dogs of course!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rain, your food always looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOU are amazing and I LOVED visiting here today! Watched some of the videos and I think you have such a lovely voice! What a talented artist you are!!
    We are planting onions and garlic this weekend....and how would I love to wake up to a crunchy lawn! We are still in AC mode here in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We haven't had frost at my house yet, but tomorrow I plan to pull the veggie garden. You still have lots of green tomatoes. You could always make something yummy with them. I hope those pups are back up on their feet and happy soon. And I also have never made an apple galette, but it does look delicious. And thanks for sharing your cheesemaking video. I hope you are getting a break from your basement project. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sumptuous post. Enough food and art to be well pleased.
    Happy Thursday to all

    much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good thing I just had dinner, otherwise this post would have killed me. So much delicious food! I'm hoping to plant garlic this year for the first time. The "garlic man" on the farmer's market encouraged me to do it, so I will give it a try. I'm not much into ricotta, but that broiled cheddar cheese pasta looks tempting. Not a fan of white bread either, but give me some hearty dark German bread and I'm your best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rain - love the look of that bread, and definitely want some of that Baked Apple Galette! Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...looks like you have been really busy. I love baking, not so much on cooking but I love baking, esp bread. I love making no knead rosemary bread. I sure do miss your daily post and you coming by the blog. Figure you are getting prepared for the winter months .....they are coming!!! The weather folks are telling us that we are going to have a cold snowy one. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rain. Great post with lost of good looking food. If you take a look at my blog post you will see why I didn't join in. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. yeah for fall weather and comfort food and ALL of your foods posted here look so good, as always, Rain. I will be trying the apple galette recipe very soon (apple crisps ones are becoming tiresome). The homemade bread making is one of my favorite things to do now. I recently made my first pitas and it was such fun. I will be looking forward to your future break making posts as well.

    Hope that Jack will be feeling better and seeing OK. He is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm up, and I'll be back to read your post and comment after my workout at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh and forgotten ... I love Bugs as Marie Antonetta and as soo as I read "Let them eat carrots" I LOL and then couldn't remember what it was that she actually said. From this day forward it was going to be "Let them Eat Carrots" ... but alas, I googled it and now I know it is really cake. Don't get old Rain, it can do funny things to you :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Rain! I'm sorry about Jack and Raven. Poor little critters. I hope they are feeling much better soon. All your food looks delicious. I like Lindt chocolate too. Pasta is a staple at our home as well. We have it twice a week for sure. Bugs is so cute. I'm not sure why Jamie looks stunned rather than horrified. Maybe she needed more white around her pupils and a little less shadow next to her mouth. Look at me, nervy enough to offer a real artist some commentary. I'm shameless. ~ lol! Your bread looks amazing. Have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so talented in everything you do, Rain. Love the first image and the food looks incredible. I laughed at your blooper; mostly because you laughed at yourself. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  24. No frost here yet ... we had a few showers of rain today though.
    Your food looks yummy.

    Hope the dogs recover well.

    Enjoy the week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  25. ...how about "let them eat carrot cake?" Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh, so much to take in, sensory overload! Prayers for your pups' healing and enjoy all your activities. xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. sorry for your dear pets dear Rain! i wish them speedy recovery asap.

    your art for Halloween is mind-blowing ,slightly different but you are on the mark almost as at first sight it gives quite a fright believe me .

    your burger is super inviting !!!!!!!!!!

    and the banana dish is also so delicious looking .

    wow for your potato harvest .and best wishes for the garlic plantation my friend!

    waiting for the day when i will have time to sit down and learn from you how to draw such amazing things !
    hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rain, your Marie Antoinette bugsbunny is such a sweat Illustration. And of course, I must (!) try the cookie recipe.

    Have a wonderful Weekend

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain