Thursday, November 17, 2022

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Cups!


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Cups! Bugs Bunny brought out his best Royal Doulton with the hand painted periwinkles for tea time today! IF ANYONE GETS THIS REFERENCE, please say so in the comments and you will receive a prize!!! ♥♥

Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it!



πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I made some pumpkin bread! Our friend Joyce from Octoberfarm sent me her recipe, holy pumpkins...it's dang good! I recorded this for an upcoming video!



I was thinking about all of the dogs who graced my life over the years. My childhood pet, her name was Fluffy...came to mind. She was an English Sheep Dog and she was beautiful. I drew her with charcoal pencils. ♥



And for the "cups" theme, I painted a cup of foamy, bubbly coffee! Maybe a cappuccino! I used watercolors for this painting! ☺

On the video front:

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art, I'm sharing the lesson for the Coffee Cup.

⬆️⬆️ And I'm sharing how I drew Fluffy with charcoal pencils!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw A Rainy Day Umbrella! I figured it was a good drawing for November!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing the latest video in my "Bread" series, How To Make Banana Bread! 



That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

November 24th - Jungle
December 1st - Bells
December 8th - Constellation
December 15th - Gift Wrap
December 22nd - A Christmas Scene
December 29th - New Year's Eve Party!

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

28 comments:

  1. No prize for me... I grew up with Bugs Bunny but they´re not on TV anymore, since ages.
    But now I have the German entry song in my ear :-)
    Love your pumpkin-cup - perfect for today´s recipe "I" share today, too.
    Great capture of your dog.
    Thank you for sharing the watercolor-video. Oh, I am faaaar away from accomplishing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Bugs piece sorry I don't get the reference. I love your coffee cup. The pumpkin bread looks good

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual you have been busy, productive and creative. Thank you for sharing these wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and fun art and food.My fave today is the beautiful coffee cup.love the sheepdog, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rain, your Fluffy and the coffee in the cup look wonderfully naturalistic. And Bugs is chic in pink with the blue and white cup. Among other things, I have special glass cups in my post today - they also fit the topic well! :-)
    All the best
    and have a good time!
    Hugs, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/11/internationale-glastage-in-der.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I have ever eaten pumpkin bread but it sounds delicious, and I think I have eaten pumpkin just about every other way it can be prepared. Great idea to do the coffee in the cup from the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Bugs in his robe enjoying his coffee. Yes, the pinkie is just perfect. Your banana bread looks good and I do like the painted coffee. Have a good day today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your watercolour cappuccino! When I have more time, I'm going to watch your video on how to paint it. Love your "pinkies out" Bugs portrait, too. But alas, I don't recognize the reference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain, your bugs and your coffee painting look great!

    Cups are coffee (and to a lesser extent, tea).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your art work is always wonderful, but that cup of coffee really gets this week's prize! (The banana bread looks pretty good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know anyone who drinks there pinky out. Personally I like my coffee and tea in mug.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always fun to see bugs. And so polite! You remain a font of creativity, Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like your coffee cup watercolour, and what a great idea to view it from the top.

    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the cup. I had to take a double take. At first I thought it was real.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...banana bread is a favorita. I'll check out your video and a loaf or two. Thanks for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job, as always.
    Must go shovel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always fun to pop in here and see what you are up to each day. Love it all...as I always do. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, we love bananabread too. And of course your Artwork is very fine as ever.

    Hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're the third post I've seen today with the best pumpkin bread recipe (and I know that really, I am the one with the best!!!) It looks delicious. Loved your "pinkies up!"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bugs has beautiful china, but my Mother always told me "pinkies out" was being pretentious, so I purposely never do it. Nice robe on Bugs :)
    I did your coffee cup video ... you make it look easy. I focused on the layering technique but also trying to learn how to highlight. You did an awesome job on that Cuppa ... would love to have a sip of it right now (can't drink caffeine coffee because of BP issues). I remember seeing Fluffy in your side bar ... adorable and, I am guessing, still missed. I don't know how you accomplish what you do. I am swamped and never seem to have time to do what I need to do let alone what I want to do. I guess I need to learn some time management. Next Thursday is our Thanksgiving ... it will be a busier than usual week. Fingers crossed I find time to do something jungle :0 Stay well, dear Rain ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bugs Bunnys cup looks like some my mother had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your art is getting more and more mesmerising each day my dear Rain!
    Your fluffy looks lovely and cute.
    Oh your coffee looks absolutely compelling and so Real lol you are amazing.
    I think I will come back to watch banana bread video again.
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love Fluffy ~ fantastic portrait ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Couldn't guess the reference so no prize for me lol I do like my tea and Royal Doulton is worthy of a good cuppa! You do achieve a lot in a week, I am feeling very lazy right now (got a chest infection so taking it easy). Betty

    ReplyDelete
  25. p.s. the men in our family always drink tea avoiding 'pinkies out' as it's not considered the 'done thing for a man' lol, in this changing world I don't think it matters if your little finger sticks out for goodness sake but my father was very particular to avoid it :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both of those homemade breads looked so delicious Rain, and while I have made countless versions of banana bread, pumpkin is one I have yet to try so this may be the inspiration needed.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Almost forgot, Rain, does your question have anything to do with the fact that Homer Laughlin China designed that dinnerware exclusively for Warner Brothers?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Thanksgiving, Rain! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain