Thursday, November 3, 2022

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Frosty and Fun Food!


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Frosty. Bugs Bunny has taken on the role of The Frost King! I drew this with pastel pencils on blue art paper! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! I'll be visiting blogs this weekend! Life is crazy for me!!! But I'm very happy! ♥


Halloween is over, but the only food I have to share is my Halloween fun food this week! So, πŸ˜‹for our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I have a ghostly pizza, this year's Boo-rritos and skull cakes!


I carved Bugs into my pumpkin this year, it was a challenge alright! I also made shrunken heads out of apples!

On the video front, For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing these videos for the sake of having them embedded into my post (this helps Google and YouTube rank my videos in their search engine). Here's my video on how to make a Spider Web Cheesecake!

I also have a video on How To Make Shrunken Heads from apples!

Also, How To Paint Ghosts For Halloween!


Jack's eye growth came back, so he had to have it removed again at the vet, poor boy. He's doing okay though. Raven is doing her best to stay close to him during his recover!



Home stuff: I was having septic tank issues recently, actually it was a problem with the leech field. As with the house and foundation, I don't think the previous owners maintained the septic system at all. Before calling a company ($$$), I bought this stuff and it worked like a charm. They have a whole line of products that I'm going to use for maintenance, I love it because it's environmentally friendly and non-corrosive...still learning as I go! 



I've been blessed again friends with government funding for my home. First I got the tin roof, then the spray foam insulation done...now I'm being offered a mini-split heat pump and installation for free from the power company! I have more research to do but basically this is a system that heats and cools and is much more energy efficient than baseboard heaters and air conditioners! The assessment is today! There are so many programs out there, you just need to find them!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

November 10th - In The Woods
November 17th - Cups
November 24th - Jungle
December 1st - Bells
December 8th - Constellation
December 15th - Gift Wrap
December 22nd - A Christmas Scene
December 29th - New Year's Eve Party!

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 


24 comments:

  1. Good evening Rain, very fun post today-I was always going to make a shrunken apple head when I was younger for a doll but never did that.
    I think we have this heating-cooling system for our garage it is pretty effecient. good for you finding programs to help with your home. years ago we went through allot years with no extra money so we were approved for insulation for the woods house and they also caulked all the windows. they put loads of insulation in so that really helped when we only heated with two wood stoves.
    hugs from the lake Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awed and delighted (as always) at your art - which included the culinary art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your frost ling looks pretty cool. A good heating system in the house would be helpful - how wodnerful that you found another government funding that can help you with that. I'm not really familiar with septic systems though. I hope Jack is recovering quickly - and how sweet that Raven is staying close to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bugs! Love the fun-food, esp. the apples! All the best to Jack and yay for friends who help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rain, it's fantastic that you can get government funding to help improve your house.

    And I'm glad I can finally participate in TADD again! Pass the cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you got the tin roof. That's huge. And so many, many good things your way. Love that. Sorry about Jack. Here's to him healing up. PS: Just watched your Apple & Butternut Squash video. DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much good info, Rain! Frost King!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rain. I like your frosty King. We call him King Bore, the name taken from Borealis. The light at the poles. Cold places :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We did have our first frost a couple of nights ago, Rain, but the days are still unbelievably warm. Yesterday we went for a walk and it was seventeen degrees - in November!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i sure hope that you can get that split system. so, it is ac and heat! woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Frosty Bugs. He looks great in that blue icy clock. And poor Jack. One of my dogs needed lump surgery this week. Again. It's hard to see them go through it, isn't it? I like all your Halloween food. You were very festive. I hope you have had a great start to November and have a great weekend too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done, Rain! Good work finding deals. I am so glad we live in Canada.
    You have many talents. I'm just trying to hold it together here. Still fighting this gun range thingie. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Frost King Bugs and Jack-o-Lantern Bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the frost king! Your Halloween treats are fabulous, neat skull cakes. So glad about the govt funding. Love how you tackle each problem and fix up your property.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thursday everyone.
    Lots of fun in the food Rain

    much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, dear Rain, I almost didn't recognize Bugs. He looks good as "Father Frost"! Haha, your Halloween fun food is original, I like it and boo-rritos made me laugh :-DDD
    Poor Jack, but he's lucky to have Raven loyal to his side. It's always good to have friends, but especially when things aren't going so well...
    All the best from Austria, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/10/lebenszeichen-herbstimpressionen.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Halloween treats look so good ...
    Sorry to read about Jack, but glad he is doing okay.

    Good to know you were able to get government funding.

    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really fabulous post. Love the skull cakes. Well all of the food really. Sorry about Jack. Hope this takes care of it. That is so awesome about the heating. Hope it comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hope the project goes through...our state is so conservative they don't want anything free unless it helps the elected officials look good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Rain,

    Love your Bugs Bunny Frost King, well done. Your cheesecake looks yummy.
    I hope Jack is recovering and healing well from his procedure. Good news about the heat/cooling unit. Take care, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun food items and art! Get well wishes for your pup, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's great you're getting some help from the government! I wish we had some of those programs here. I hope your house and everything and your community came through the storm okay or did that bypass you?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aloha, Rain! I think it's amazing how you go all out for Halloween. Love those skulls. Who knew you could carve apples so nicely? Your home reno is proceeding well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful post and photos ~ yummy looking foods ~ Frost King is creative and do hope your puppy is well ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your day,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain