Thursday, November 10, 2022

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: In The Woods and BREAD!!


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is In The Woods. Bugs Bunny stumbled into the woods to find an empty house with three porridge bowls, all ready for the eating! He didn't quite expect to be interrupted by the three bears! I think he's in trouble! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it!


πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I have an ooey gooey cheese pizza with green olives!


I'm very excited to announce a new series I'm creating! It's a bread baking video series based on the Williams Sonoma Collections Cookbook titled Bread! I announced the new series on my channel yesterday and I'll be uploading bread baking videos every week. There are 40 recipes in the cookbook - I've already made 4 of them!


⬆️ Here is the 1-minute video! Of course I will post the photos and recipe links here on my blog as well!


⬆️ And here is the first video in the series: How To Make Old Fashioned White Bread!

More on the video front:

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw Popcorn!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Chewy Chocolate Brownies!

⬆️⬆️ I'm also showing you How To Make Apple and Butternut Squash Bisque!


The heat pump people are arriving this morning to install 2 mini-split heat/cool systems; they are also changing all of my thermostats to digital ones. Apparently the knob version (like the one above) continues to draw power even when you have it turned off! I think that my house should be very energy efficient now! I guess this time next year I'll find out once I see the comparison to the year before!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

November 17th - Cups
November 24th - Jungle
December 1st - Bells
December 8th - Constellation
December 15th - Gift Wrap
December 22nd - A Christmas Scene
December 29th - New Year's Eve Party!

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 


24 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Bugs Bunny! Love his golden locks 😘
    And the pizza, hmmmm, no life without cheese!
    Hubby loves ONE bread from his fav bakery and no other. I did my own baking, froze half but... not a good idea, it fell apart each time later (maybe cause I tried low carb).
    Honeywell! I had a yellow fan in the form of a flower from them once.
    Hope your costs fall. Hubby installed digital heating systems as well, let´s see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new bread series of videos sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiling at Goldi-bunny.
    Your bread looks/sounds delicious.
    Yay for an energy efficient home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bread baking sure is its own art! I love to make whole grain breads, and really miss the breads we were so used to in Germany. Even baking them here doesn't have the same result since the flour is different. I will check out your bread baking videos (but probably not the one for white bread). It's a great idea to have a video series like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great illustration of Bugs. The food looks delicious, and the white bread looks amazing! Thanks so much for hosting!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, Rain. Cute Bugs illustration, love the bears done in silhouette. Adds to the suspense! Yummy pizza, you know I like that! Yay for your bread series. The bread cookbook brings back so many memories for me. When I could no longer knead bread because of my arthritises, I bought a bread machine and several bread machine cookbooks. Still have all of them and I do occasionally make some. Nothing beats the smell of bread in the oven, nothing! Have a good week, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Rain,

    Love your Bugs Bunny with the three bears, very cute.
    I am sure your home smell wonderful while the bread is baking, YUM.
    The pizza looks delicious. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A happy Thursday to all. It's raining here in T&T, bless the rain😊.

    Thank you to Rain for hosting us every Thursday.

    muchπŸ’›love

    ReplyDelete
  9. A modern heat pump should be very efficient and help to reduce your energy costs. We keep our thermostat at 19 degrees during the day and 16 degrees at night. A good sweater and a warm blanket work wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun take on 'in the woods'! Wonderful choice on doing the bread series too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't say my art is to theme, but there's plenty of art here! Love your Bugs take-off and all that delicious food has me headed to the kitchen for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful news about the continuing completion of work Rain - I will look forward (a year hence) to see what the difference in cost is.

    Bread has come up here as a recent thing too, given prices - but that looks like a very cool book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for accepting my photography as art. You know I love bugs! You really are a fond of information. I really appreciate the improvements you're making in your home. They are very instructive. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice to hear about the energy improvements on your house. You will notice a difference, I'm sure!

    I love baking bread and am always looking at new ideas. :) But my TADD offering is just about the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have hit upon a couple of my favorites in this post, Rain, homemade bread and soup and I'll be looking forward to watching your bread making videos. There's nothing better than butternut squash and now I will be adding some apples when I make it next week, so thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...it looks like I got the prompt wrong, I'll do a better job next time. Thanks for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yesssss, Pizza πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• is always a good idea. We love Pizza.

    Thank you for hosting.

    Hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  18. You certainly keep busy.
    Lovely art and your ooey gooey cheese pizza with green olives looks delicious.

    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sis! I am so sorry I wasn't able to join in. I was out of town and just didn't have time. I do love this post and the bread making videos that is awesome. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is time for soup.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Rain, I have had trouble leaving comments on blogland for a few weeks but think it's sorted now. You do so many videos and share so many things; I like bread making but I use a machine for the kneading! lazy I Know. Im glad you had time to carve a pumpkin, I think the tradition will die out as so many shops in the UK now sell realistic looking 'carved' ones.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rain - I think I gain five pounds every time I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhhh, Rain! Nothing beats the homemade goodness of bread. Hey, I forgot to tell you, I got a hold of another butternut squash to try with apples like you showed. How fun! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain