Thursday, February 2, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Foodie February - Fruit!

 

Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

πŸ’›A note to those who link to TADD: As you may have noticed, sometimes it takes me a wee little while to visit you! If you link your blog's url, I can't always find the post that you intended for the TADD entry! Please link the post, not your blog URL - THANK YOU!!! πŸ’›

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Fruit! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! Does a Cherry Blossom chocolate bar count as a fruit? Tweety Bird thinks so! I used to LOVE that candy bar! Do you remember the commercial?



⬆️⬆️ This was the commercial I remember from when I was a kid in the 1970's! Does this bring back memories for anyone?



⬆️⬆️ I've been deep into art courses and I used some of the glazing techniques I learned in my studies for this watercolor pear study.



πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I made some Zucchini Bread! I replaced the eggs with some applesauce to make this a vegan treat.



I used my Homemade Unsweetened Applesauce and it was delicious!



⬆️⬆️ Many of you know Nicole from DVArtist, Art, Food, Gardening blog. She is a sweet and very talented friend. She sent me one of her faces. I adore it!

On the video front:



⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw A Polar Bear!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Zucchini Bread (with vegan/eggless alternative)!

⬆️⬆️ I'm also showing How To Make Unsweetened Applesauce!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

Foodie February!!

February 9th: Veggies
February 16th: Bread
February 23rd: Drinks

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

29 comments:

  1. Well done! Retirement is coming and that mean time for more creativity.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we ever got the Cherry Blossom Chocolate Bar.
    Your pear is brilliant - it almost looks pick up able. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apple sauce sure is something for my Hubby! Will show him, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your still life pear we were thinking alike! Cute Tweety. The zucchini bread looks good. So kind of Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate covered cherries! Now I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rain, we didn't get that cherry blossom treat in the UK - looks like we missed out :) I have a few days off work coming up so will revisit to follow your watercolour glaze tutorial - thank you for sharing. Wishing you a peaceful and rewarding February - my favourite month (cos it's my birthday month ha ha!!). Betty (wood fairy) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! another yummy And interesting post today Rain. Thanks for hosting us

    much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pear is quite wonderful, Rain, and serves as a reminder that fruit has been used by still life artists for centuries. There is an enduring and universal appeal about it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am old now and I don't remember that commercial but it was fun to watch-perhaps just in Canada?
    I love your still life, Christine shared a pear too this morning.
    Your zucchini bread sounds delicious, I used to can up lots of pints of unsweetened apple sauce-sooo good. we had a neighbor back then that didn't want his apples from his trees-I made great use of those. smiles
    So sweet of Nicole I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    Love the Tweety bird, but I do not remember the Cherry blossom candy bar. I have had the chocolate covered cherries, yum! Your applesauce and Zucchini bread look delicious. What a lovely gift from your friend. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your watercolour pear is MAGNIFICENT! You have such beautiful technique. And yes, I remember that Cherry Blossom ad -- wow, what a blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our cherry blossom bar was called cherry mash. But the have changed them up and now there is no cherry in it just cherry nougat inside the chocolate outside. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awfully cute and I love your rendition of fruit. The pear is especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Tweety looks so cute - no, sweet! - dear Rain, and your pear is painted just great! I'll give you fruit and food from Costa Rica today :-D
    ALL THE BEST, have a good February,
    Traude
    😘
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/02/costa-rica-4-kapitel-streifzug-durch.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. That pear makes my mouth water! I've almost forgotten about making applesauce but it sure was something I used to do (and always unsweetened) -- apples are a major crop in the Pacific Northwest US, so living in Oregon they were delicious and readily available. (We used to do you-pick for a lot of tree fruits.) Apples aren't the best here in Florida since they have to travel such a long way to get here. It's way too hot for them to grow here. Your z bread looks wonderful though -- and that squash grows well everywhere I think -- it always tastes the same.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tweetie is adorable and lovely pear painting ~ yummy food as always ~ Xo


    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be by to link tomorrow. I hosted my Second on the 2nd, so was unable to join you today.

    I have never seen that commercial, but that doesn't surprise me. We didn't have a TV when I was growing up. I bought one when I left home after graduation. My first experience with a TV was in the mid-1980s.

    I LOVE your pear. It looks like such a simple shape, but I tried to draw one once and it was disaster. Your colors are lovely.

    I want some zucchini bread. It looks so incredibly edible.

    Thanks for asking people to give their entire URL. Sometimes it takes me to the weekend to visit everyone and at times it's a real guessing game as to what I'm supposed to read.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I went through and commented on everyone's blog but totally forgot to comment on yours-shame on me! Thanks for doing this every week Rain. Your pear from your class looks great. I need to take a class I think. and I enjoyed your videos, especially the pear one. I hope all is well with you. Stay warm because you are probably getting this same arctic blast that we are here in New Hampshire. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  19. I taught I saw a CHERRY BLOSSOM! lol.....I love Twitty Bird.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, we agree retirement is now a good thing. We loved work and now enjoy others.
    Thank you for hosting, dear Rain.
    Hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...I always make unsweetened applesauce.If you use good apples, sugar isn't needed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Rain! I enjoyed your post, and I'm glad that you shared Tweety Bird excited about a Cherry Blossom candy. Cherry Blossoms were a favorite treat when I was growing up. They aren't typically available in the US. I can still taste them, and I always get one when I go home to Canada. Thanks for the nudge to link to the post for TADD. I'm often hunting around for the right post too. Your pear is marvelous. I'm working hard in Hawaii to walk correctly and farther without a limp ~ doing exercises in a pool almost every day. I'm getting there. One of these days not too far off, I'm going to indulge in my artistic side. And your videos!!! I love the face Nicole sent you. I'm enjoying all the bloggers I've met between you and her. XOX ~ Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do like your still life pear.
    The zucchini/courgette bread looks very good.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't create art, but I do appreciate and collect art. I love that watercolor of the pear. Very nicely done, Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi Sis! Sorry it has taken me so long to comment. I am thrilled that you love the face. I really like this post. I am going to try to get here for next Thursday. I will email you. Hugs and much love.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You've been busy Rain! the Zucchini bread looks wonderful!
    Have a great week.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tweety is excited. :) You did a great job on the watercolor pear. The highlights really show up nicely. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I watched your Pear video and learned a lot ... who would have thought a pear could require so much thought and so many layers :) And I love how you just keep going until you get what you want. Maybe my problem is lack of patience. As for your food ... I love Zucchini bread and home made applesauce, Yummmm. I still don't know where you find the time and energy to do all that you do, but I am sure glad that you do ... Thank you, Rain, you are the highlight of my weeks. Don't know what I would do were it not for your TAD :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  29. love your pear, it looks like my favorite pear.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain