Thursday, February 23, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Foodie February - Drinks!

 


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Drinks! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! Tweety Bird has his hands full at the coffee house with his café latté! Btw...March's prompts are all about COLOUR!!! Check out the bottom of the post for the March prompts!!!



⬆️⬆️ I did another watercolor study this week, this time of a glass of sangria. I would have liked it to be a bit darker, but I love how the ice cubes, lime and orange turned out! The video will be up on Rain Frances Art's YouTube Channel next blog post! 



⬆️⬆️ I also did a painting of water droplets.



πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I made more Chocolate Chip Cookies!



⬆️⬆️ 
I also tried a nice Zinfandel. I love the taste of Zinfandel wine. This wine has a smooth palate and a mild smoky finish. I paired it with a cheese plate! For those who don't know, the Zinfandel grape was exported from the Puglia region of Italy to California. The Italians call this grape Primitivo. The Primitivo grape was brought to Italy from the Croatians, and I can't spell or pronounce what they called the grape! I love Puglia wines too! This is a Rain Recommendation! 😍



⬆️⬆️ Prayers and well wish are WELCOME friends! My 17-year old Jack is slowing down, sigh. He's been sleeping a lot, moving slower and now has developed droopy eyes. He had a sinus infection that lasted 3 weeks...he's still a bit sniffly. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse again. He's my little angel and I know a lot of you have a tender spot in your heart for him! ♥

On the video front:


⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art, I'm sharing How To Paint Water Droplets!


⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw A Penguin!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Rain's Chocolate Chip Cookies!



That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

29 comments:

  1. Love your drinks Rain. Sending prayers for Jack. The cookies sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tweety has his hands full with that big cup of cafe latte. My kind of drink and just the right size, too.

    Your sangria is beautifully done. And at first, I thought the water droplets were a photo, they are so realistic.

    I'm not a wine drinker, but I like the looks of the bottle's label.

    Those chocolate chip cookies look so good and you make it look SO easy, too.

    So very sorry to read about Hound dog Jack. He has had a very good life, but let's hope he gets rid of the sniffles and feels better, soon. Thanks for sharing these great videos and sharing your lovely art, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Cute sketch of Tweety Bird. The chocolate chip cookies look delicious and I would like that wine. Prayers and well wishes for your sweet Jack! He is adorable. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just returned from Cuba, Rain, where food and drink was plentiful, Rain. i am working on the first episode and hope to have it posted today. I will be sure to include something related to your theme. I had no internet connection while I was there so I missed my blogging friends. .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tweety is my kind of birdie! I love a good cup of black coffee! Lattes are good, too, but I prefer a nice coffee.:) You did a fabulous job on your paintings. I like how realistic the ice cubes and fruit appear in the glass of sangria. The water droplets are also very realistic. I haven't made chocolate chip cookies in forever. I need to correct that soon. Yours look good!

    I'm sorry to read of your concerns for Jack. Poor pup! He is a sweetheart. I'll keep him in my prayers.

    Thanks for hosting the creative fun, my dear. Have a doodletastic day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to figure out how to get ice cubes to look real in a drink glass piece of art. You nailed it Rain. I really like your glass painting. And your cookies look yummy! I'll cross my fingers for Jack. It's so hard when pups get old, isn't it? Have a wonderful day and rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those water droplets! I must watch your video to see how you did them! And hugs to Jack. He's reached a milestone age for dogs, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post, great art and yummy cookies. I am so sorry about Jack. I will light a brown candle for him. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun art today, Rain.
    Oh, Jack. I hope he feels better soon.
    Praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. πŸ’™ Prayers for Jack! πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic water drops! Your cookies (and milk, because one must have milk with chocolate chip cookies) look amazing. Ohhhh, Jack! His droopy eyes just give him such a wo-begone (is that how you spell that?) look. He's in good hands with you. Our older pets break our hearts, don't they? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thursday everyone. Thanks for another Thursday date to our wonderful hostess Rain.

    muchπŸ’œlove

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sangria is amazing! Shows how much you are developing your art

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, poor sweet old Jack ❤️! It always hurts so much to see our beloved pets getting weaker... I hope he will stay with you for some more time, dearest Rain...
    A wonderful sight, however, is the glass of Sangria and also the red water drops, which could also be Sangria drops on the glass. I'm really craving for Sangria right now! πŸ˜‹
    Much love and thanks for your lovely comments on my 6th and 7th Costa Rica chapters ❤️
    Hugs Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/02/costa-rica-7-kapitel-tortuguero.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Old Vine Zin is the best!

    Prayers up for Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The water droplets look so real. And yum on the chocolate chip cookies. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jack and Tweetie are the best ~ great post ~


    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blog Andrea from the Sol ~ not letting me in ~ 'invited guests oly ~ sigh

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem Carol, hope Andrea sees these comments

      Delete
  19. ...who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies? Some days I feel like Jack, I move rather slowly. Thanks Rain for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Of course, dear Blogfriend Rain, we will pray for sweet Jack. We, my hubby and myself, know very well how it feel if a loved dog or cat is illegal.

    Love your funny drawings.

    Have a good week. Hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the painting of your drink. And those cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That Zinfindal looks nice. After reading your description, I feel so tempted to taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jack is an old dog ... it's okay to look old, right? Maybe he is slowing down or maybe the weather is harder for him to manage. I will say a prayer for him ... I know how special he is to you. I love your water droplets and will look at your video this week. I came down with a flu bug Thursday and have been struggling to get back on my feet. So I am late with my comments and everything else. I need to pick your brain again. My blog used to send an email to my FH when I posted so he could click on it and he could peruse my post, but it suddenly stopped doing it and now I can't figure out how to set it up again ... any thoughts? I don't drink wine anymore, but I do remember the smooth taste of Zinfandel ... good choice :) And homemade chocolate chip cookies ... my FH's fav! We will come visit one of these days :0 So on to the Warm colors. I have to get my brain working again to start next weeks post. Stay well, Rain ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Look like you had some great creative time.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm sorry to read that Jack is feeling poorly - sweet thing. Prayers that he gets to feeling better soon.

    I've never tasted sangria, but your picture looks very thirst-quenching. I'm also intrigued by the water drops. Going to go watch your video and see how you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rain - love the painting of the water droplets - very effective! I will be keeping Jack in my thoughts ... oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do like your water droplets painting.
    Saying a prayer for Jack.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain