Thursday, March 2, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Warm Colours (Reds, Oranges, Yellows)

 


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Warm Colours (Reds, Oranges and Yellows)! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it!  Ain't that the life for Bugs Bunny? Snoozing on the hammock on a warm afternoon - I can't wait for the warmer weather!



I painted some warm watercolour tulips for the prompt this week!



πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I made some Italian breadsticks, they're called Grissini. VERY nice! I'll have the video and recipe up on next week's blog post!



A while back I mentioned that I was experimenting with vegan food. I made some Vegan Cheese - it tastes like a combination of Cheez Whiz and maybe what you'd find as a chip dip in the chip aisle of the grocery store. One of the ingredients in the vegan cheese is a Vegan "Chicken" Seasoning. It tastes just like non-vegan chicken seasoning! I think I figured out why...it's the onion powder. That gives it the Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup flavour! ☺ I still prefer milk-cheeses though!



Here are Raven and Jack on a very cold winter morning! It was so cold they had to wear their little booties! They were sitting and admiring the birds at the feeder! Jack is doing a lot better Friends, thanks so much for last week's comments! 

On the video front:



⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art, I'm sharing my watercolour lesson How To Paint A Glass Of Sangria!


⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw A Strawberry!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Vegan Cheese!

⬆️⬆️ I'm also sharing How To Make Vegan "Chicken" Seasoning!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

March Colours!

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

22 comments:

  1. Loving your warm coloured art Rain, beautiful. The food looks so good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tulips. They make me think of spring. And I really like those breadsticks. They look like the kind I get in my favorite Italian restaurant.

    However, you will never convince me vegan cheese is as good as the real deal, although it does look a bit like Cheese Whiz, which I find disgusting unless you add a lot of Rotel tomatoes to it.

    Vegan chicken seasoning sounds like an oxymoron to me.

    Sorry I can't play this week. I am hosting my Second on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to mention that it is SO good to read that Jack is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Rain
    Bugs Bunny has the right idea, snoozing in the hammock. Very cute! I am glad Raven and jack are both doing well. Your breadsticks and pasta both look delicious. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rain, I love your choice of colors this week. They remind me of California Poppies, which are one of my mother's favorite flowers.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschscholzia_californica

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tulips made me smile and think of spring. As for vegan cheese.....some things just are not meant to be vegan. Since there is no harming of the animal for the making of cheese, I will continue to eat milk based cheese. Your grissini looks good. My friend made some with sourdough and they were heavenly. So glad Jack is better. I did not realize he was 17! That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rain,

    Bugz is getting ready for spring all chillaxed in that hammick. I know it's cold, cold still in your neck of the woods. This week has been so spring-like. Last Friday when I went to my doctor's appointment I noticed things were in bloom - forsythia and daffodils. Some trees are flowering, too.

    The tulips are pretty. I hope to do a Procreate sketch of tulips at some future date but it won't be anytime soon I don't think. I love tulips! We'll see those popping up before too long.

    Thanks for sharin. No post this week but I plan to put up something next week for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, one more thing. I forgot to say how happy I am that Jack is much better! πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tulips. I think it is really interesting that you tried that vegan cheese. I think I would prefer regular cheese, too. Lovely artwork and blog---as always. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing all a hood and happy Thursday

    MuchπŸ’œlove

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tulips.
    Bugs knows how to relax. So cute.
    Enjoy the weekend...
    Thank you for hosting, Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like Bugs in his hammock.

    Lovely to see Raven and Jack out in their booties - so pleased Jack is doing a lot better :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how I love that red and orange! And all that food looks fabulous! You eat very well and creatively at your home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Raven and Jack look adorable in their booties. Do they keep them on or try to pull them off? And Bugs sure looks comfy in that hammock. I can't wait for summer and hammock weather. Have all this weeks storms that we've gotten here in New Hampshire made it to New Brunswick? I hope not. Happy March Rain and have a great rest of your week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...last week, we had cut tulips like your painting. What a warm color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pups in booties. I used to put them on Izzi. The first time I put them on her she would lift her feet in the air like she was marching. After awhile, she finally got used to them. So glad Jack is feeling better. I know, like all old dogs (or people) we have our off days. Last week Blogger messed up my post and so nobody could get in to see it. I went to my settings and hopefully fixed it, so in case you tried last week and couldn't get in, I think you will be okay this week. I am hoping you can clue me in to how to be able to let my FH see my blog. Your Bugs looks like I would like to feel ... stretched out in a comfy spot and taking a snooze. I had a touch of the flu last week and I still don't have my energy back. I did your water droplet video and love how it really looks like water. I will get an opportunity to try it soon, I hope (before I forget how you did it, Ha!) Love Italian food so your bread sticks etc. looked great to me. I know I am eating less meat but I haven't gone Vegan yet ... think I will stick to cheese that is made like cheese. I live close to Wisconsin so we get some awesome cheese choices in our stores. Your videos are really good Rain ... I learn more from you than any other source. Thank you for that ... you are a bright light in a dark place :) Stay well ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh cute, bugs relaxing between the red trees! And your red tulips are wonderful heralds of spring.
    Raven and Jack are adorable in their winter boots and I am sooo happy that Jack is feeling better!
    As for vegan cheese, I once bought vegan cheese slices from the supermarket, it was a pretty sad affair (quite the opposite of vegan chicken or beef. I've discovered some really tasty brands there...). Your attempt doesn't sound bad, but I think I know what you mean. If you don't think of it as a cheese, but as a dip, you've succeeded. But it just lacks that "certain something" of real cheese...
    Hugs & happy March-Days!
    ❤️ Traude❤️
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/03/streifzug-durch-die-letzten-wochen.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bugs looks like he resting his eyes
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Spring will be delayed a bit as we are having a snow event this weekend, but then warming up next week so maybe I will see some random daffodils on my outdoor walks. Those bread sticks looked good, Rain, and will be looking forward to the recipe. Love the winter booties on Jack and Raven as you definitely have a lot more snow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Bugs ~ so creative and fun ~ and yummy food here always ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain