Thursday, October 5, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Potions, Chili and a Live Stream!



Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊 I'm back! I took a well-needed few months off and now I'm back to blogging! I still have tons of work on my plate, but I'm much better able to manage it now.

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Potions! Do you remember the Looney Tunes short where Tweety Bird drank the Hyde Potion? That scared me so much as a kid! Those creators really made Tweety look terrifying!

Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! 



I have an announcement!
On Sunday October 15th, I'll be πŸ’₯LIVE πŸ’₯on my Rain's Kitchen and Garden YouTube channel! I'll be premiering a short film I created (it's a funny parody) and then I'll be sticking around to chat with my friends and followers! Click here for the link to the live stream. You need a Gmail account and a YouTube channel to join the chat BUT...you don't need to create a YT Channel with content, just click on "create channel" when prompted and that will allow you to chat. You can always watch without chatting or watch the replay if you like. Hope that made sense!



For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date!! πŸ˜‹ I made a really comforting Vegan Chili (I'll have the video and recipe up on Rain's Kitchen and Garden on Sunday).


Jack is still stable, the meds are helping with his nose tumour. He's really slowing down though. Raven is doing well, though hunting season has started and she's terrified of gunshots. Sigh! Baby Oscar is doing very well, no issues ever with him!





Here are my latest videos:




⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids : How To Draw A Cat

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden : Mexican Chicken Lasagna

⬆️⬆️ On my channel, Spiritual Rain, I've been reading fairy tales. My latest "Bedtime Stories Podcast" features the fairy tale The Singing Bone.


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************

Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date:  (Prompts are optional!)

Oct 12: In The Laboratory
Oct 19: Fictional Monsters (Literature, Movies, TV)
Oct 26: Halloween Decorations

Nov 2: Cold and Rainy
Nov 9: Trains
Nov 16: Smiles
Nov 23: Landscape
Nov 30: Pockets

Dec 7: Snowed In
Dec 14: Christmas Lights
Dec 21: Christmas Cookies
Dec 28: Word(s) for 2024

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

24 comments:

  1. Terrifying Tweety! But very sweet fur kids! Your first video looked beautiful. Wishing you a creative autumn. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to have you back Rain, love your 'potions piece'! Glad Jack is stable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rain,
    Tweety looks like the angry bird. It is so nice to see a post from you. I love your sweet furbabies, cute photos. I am glad jack is doing well. You have been busy canning the tomatoes. Take care, have a wonderful day and a happy weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Rain, I've missed you! 300 POUNDS of tomatoes? Yowza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rain, hurrah, we're glad you're back! As I can see you've been VERY bus with your tomatoes!
    It's wonderful that all your animals are doing well so far. Of course, with Jack it won't last forever, but enjoy that he's still here - that makes me so happy!
    Tweety looks really scary, he's probably already preparing for Halloween. Unfortunately I can't offer you a potion this time, but there is a lot of inspiring art to see on my blog. Maybe this works like a magic potion?
    All the best for your live stream!
    Hugs and happy October days
    Traude
    πŸπŸŒ»πŸ‚ 🌻🍁
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/10/straenkunst-und-gartenlust.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rain, so nice to find this post full of such great updates! Congratulations, my friend, on the upcoming launch and we will definitely plan to watch! The Mexican lasagne recipe looked wonderful and it may be on a future dinner menu πŸ˜‹ Glad that Jack continues to do well and hope Raven will not be so frightened now that hunting season has started and Baby Oscar is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back ...
    What a lovely post, your animals are just wonderful, lovely photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Rain, that is a huge amount of canned tomatoes. Good for you! And I'm glad to hear Jack is stable, and your whole posse is doing well. Have a great rest of your week also. It sounds and looks like you've been very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a surprise ... you are coming back early. I have to admit, I love it! I will, for sure try to be at your Oct. 15 premier ... the time is hard for me because I am usually visiting Jackie at that time, but I will try to rearrange things so I can be there. Vegan anything sounds good to me. I await the recipe and instructions :) Love that all is well on the pet front especially that Jack is doing so well. Love the results of your tomato marathon ... you never cease to amaze. Looking forward to next week now that you are back ... "In the Laboratory" , Hmmm ... will have to give that some thought :) Stay well and time to take a break from the canning, right?

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and I forgot ... no I don't remember Tweety after a Hyde potion and I think I am glad I don't :0

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you back, Rain and happy to hear Jack is doing ok with his meds. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous post. I have your Tomato talk link on my blog and tomorrow will make an acutal blog post. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can feel your energy and excitement, Rain! I'm happy to see you blogging again. Are you really stopping at the end of the year? 😭. 😭. 😭

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back Rain.
    Putting 300 pounds of tomatoes into pots like that is really a lot of work.
    I love your animals.
    I wish you a good weekend.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Rain. It's good to see you back and very much on busy, busy form with your fun food and all those tomatoes. I wonder if your tomatoes taste like the ones we recently enjoyed in Greece. Its something about the sunny Greek summer that makes their tomatoes so plum, red and juicy. Poor Jack looks so sad for his condition - give him an extra hug from me please. I must try and remember to join in your film debut.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are back! Poor Jack. Good work nursing him.
    That is amazing, all those tomatoes. You have been busy. We're off Sunday for Thanksgiving with the kids, but I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It all looks so delicious Rain, your hard work has definitely paid off... I adore Toms, so good for us all. I hope you are keeping well, so sorry I don't get chance to pop in more care duties are off the scale right now and set to get even harder sadly :(
    Sending an extra hug to (((Jack))) take care of each other.
    Happy creative October Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. well come back dear Rain !
    you really are wonder woman full of energy and enthusiasm for so much wow
    dish have asian look and looks delicious no doubt
    best wishes for the health of Jack and other cuties
    oh yes i remember the episode ,you nailed it :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have been busy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy, you are back again, dear Rain. Understood very, very good to need sometimes a break...

    Best wishes for Jack-Darling of course. Oh my, we suffer vicariously with our pets, isn`t!?

    Have a very good week, hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun to see all the wonderful things you are up to. Potion is a wonderful prompt, yours is quite scary ;-) Maybe someday I will join in.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain