Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday Art Date: Historical Events

Bugs Bunny - Making Fire

Hello Friends! 😊

(This is a scheduled post.)

Welcome to Thursday's Art Date, today our theme is Historical Events. Was fire invented, discovered, or a heat source that our ancestors figured out how to control? Did forest fires always exist? Did bush fires always exist? I think that fire existed and the ancient people of Earth learned how to use it to their advantage, making it a significant historical event for humanity. Imagine life without fire?? I can't!

The following are photos I've taken over the years of our big ball of fire in the sky, the sun! Sunrises and sunsets...which is your favourite? I think sunsets are more vibrant! 🌞🌞












Alex and I are in week 1 of our quarantine at this time and unless I change this sentence, we don't have internet yet! I hope you're all doing well! πŸ’šπŸ’š

That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below to see more Historical Events artwork! 

********************

I saw the skeleton of a "porcupine fish" in the window of a shop one day and had to take a photo!

May 21st: Next Thursday's theme is Round and Round. Click on the link for ideas and inspiration! Remember it's all about creating. You can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, baking, poetry...whatever you like! πŸŽ¨

Thursday Art Date With Rain. Click on the link for a description of the art date as well as a list of upcoming themes. 

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! The link gadget expires Sunday at noon (EST).

********************

21 comments:

  1. LOVE your skyscapes and the porcupine fish is amazing.
    I hope the unpacking is going well - and that your sciatica is improving. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sunrise and sunset photos. Sometimes it's hard to tell which is which, and other times the pinks give the sunsets away. These are beautiful photos.

    I hate to tell you this Rain, but that porcupine fish skeleton reminds me of the corona virus.

    Hope you are getting a few things unpacked by now in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. Some look as if there is a fire going on. How is the moving in going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunrise and sunset are always my fave times each day, I love them both. Hope all is going well in you quarantine, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fire was and always is interesting and the bunny tries to light a great scene drawn by him.
    The puffer is great!
    The sunsets and sunrises are natural events no matter which I love them all!
    All the best in your quarantine time and soon you will have it!
    Take care of yourselves
    Greetings elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fire is a great choice Rain. Glad you were able to update us quickly in this post. It is still cold here in Toronto but tomorrow they say 21C!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As magnificent as the sunsets are, I love the sunrise and the hope that it brings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. are you unpacked and farming the back 40 yet???!!! how are you hanging in with the food?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That skeleton of a porcupine fish looks like a covid-19 virus. Or am I just paranoid?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So with no internet, does that mean you can't read our comments? Oh I am so glad you are there "home" safe and sound. Moving is a harrowing experience for sure and your move was compounded by many things ie doing it yourself and having to get across a guarded border. The up side is that an experience like this can build character :) Not that you need any more character building, but most people who don't need to build character are the ones that do it :) So you really took your historical event back to before history was even recorded. I agree with your conclusion ... man did figure out how to use fire to his advantage and some today use it to their disadvantage, but that is "man" for you :) So your two weeks will fly by because you will be busy getting settled. Be safe and I look forward to hearing how you learn the lay of the land in your new home.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you did not have to use Bugs Bunny to fix your dinner and light when you arrived at your new home. :)

    I hope you was not too tired to enjoy any dawns and dusks if they were as gorgeous as the ones you share.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous sun pictures! I can't wait to hear from you in closer to real time - and see your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you all are doing well. Looking forward to hearing from you "live".

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet soon afterwards they developed two new words, ouch and hot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What sunrises and sunsets you had at your old home. Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rain! πŸ‘‹πŸ» Love me some Bugs Bunny in my life! πŸ˜ƒ And yours is perfect. πŸ˜‰

    Sunrise and sunset are always a nice moment but those photos pictured them very well. πŸ§‘πŸ’—πŸ§‘πŸ’—

    Nice job! πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Rain, you will certainly have a lot of comments to catch up on once you have internet. But, speaking for myself I’m sure your blogger friends Will certainly not be upset if you don’t reply to all. Setting up your new home takes time and sure is a good way to pass that quarantine timeframe. Hope all is going well for you and Alex and the menagerie and that everyone is loving the new home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. GOR
    G
    EOUS!

    Even the corona fish skeleton. πŸ˜‚ In its own way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thinking of you, Rain, and hoping everything is going well. Sending you lots of love and hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Fabulous sunrise/sunset photographs.

    Hope all is going well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain