Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thursday Art Date: Your Flower



Hello Friends! ๐Ÿ˜Š

(This is a scheduled post.)

Welcome to Thursday's Art Date, today our theme is Your Flower. Bugs is posing on my birth flower, the Water Lily. He's doing his sexiest pose, but his swimming trunks kind of kill the sex appeal!! We can be thankful he wasn't in the mood to wear a Speedo thong!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Click here to check out your birth flower: Zodiac Flowers.

Water Lily before opening (July 2019)

๐Ÿšš ๐Ÿšš As this post is being broadcast, Alex and I are moving! We are driving about 1000 km to our new home. We were able to pack everything to the gills...and we have an arsenal of documented proof that the new house is our permanent primary residence in case the RCMP has any issues. They are stopping everyone at the New Brunswick borders who are weekenders or visitors...we don't want them to think that about us! I have faith that things will go very smoothly and I can't wait to give you all some updates!

Let's hope the phone lines are intact so we can plug in our modem when we get there!!


Over the weekend, me and the dogs had one last walk in the Quebec woods. The snow hasn't melted around here yet. I thought I'd be more nostalgic, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing this province in my rear view mirror!


Fresh air and exercise is tough business for the dogs...they all needed naps after!

Thanks for visiting! Please check out the link widget below to see more Your Flower artwork! 

********************

A Historical Event for me was back in 2000 when I decided to leave the city for good. I moved from Montreal up to a mountain village called Morin Heights. I rented a beautiful cottage by a lake and I was hooked! These are my first dogs ♥ Winston and Spencer. ♥

May 14th: Next Thursday's theme is Historical Events. Click on the link for ideas and inspiration! Remember it's all about creating. You can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, baking, poetry...whatever you like! ๐ŸŽจ

Thursday Art Date With Rain. Click on the link for a description of the art date as well as a list of upcoming themes. 

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! The link gadget expires Sunday at noon (EST).

********************

24 comments:

  1. Very cute Bugs on lily! So excited for your move and hoping it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugs is wonderful. Love the photos, too. Good luck with the move, I'm sure everything will go smoothly! Take care! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited just imagining you and Alex driving to your new home. Best wishes on the move, and I can't wait to see your new digs (as your new digs). The dog slumber party is just the cutest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, congratulations on your impending move. I am happy that you can make it in one trip.

    I've heard of birth stones. In fact, mine is a diamond. But I'd never heard of a birth flower before. How lovely that Bugs is lounging on the water lily.

    I used to have a small pond I dug in my back yard where I lived before. I even got some water lilies from a lady who was wanting to get rid of some of hers. They DO multiply faster than rabbits, I believe.

    Good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo.
    Travel safe - I am really looking forward to seeing the next post from your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I press the thumb that everything goes well. I think an you all!
    Bunny is so cute with these swimming trunks. The video is great how they sleep I had to laugh at your babies, how dear they lie there!
    You have a nice memory with these dogs!
    take care of yourself and stay healthy,hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. how exiting for you to finally on the road to your next home. You have a large family so I hope all will enjoy the trip.
    I agree about the Bugs. Good he did not want Speedo thong.

    Looking forward to see that you arrived and all is well.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo, Rain! I'm excited for you and Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your art and photos are great. I know you will get through with no problems. Drive safe, meaning watch the other guy.
    Can't wait to see photos of your new place. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My flower is carnation, and David's flower is water lily. Happy trails to you and your hubby. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the excitement has begun! safe journey and i can't wait to hear about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too am glad that Bugs chose not to wear a Speedo Thong ... though I am thinking it would have been a challenge for you to draw him in one, Ha! Good Luck on your move and may all be well and safe in your new place. Can't wait to see more pictures of it. I loved your little video of the sleeping dogs... My Izzi would never let me wrap her in a blanket. She has to make her bed and in the process she throws the blankets and pillows in every direction then plops down on top of them. Our fur babies are great fun and such an important part of our lives ... I look forward to hearing about your move next week. And "Historical Event" ... my goodness, too many choices. This should be fun :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never knew that there were Zodiac flowers! Good luck with the move and may you have no trouble at the border.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your lucky to have a water lily as your flower ~ Beautiful! Bugs looks very happy on his pad ~ I hope your trip is going well ~ Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the rabbit. It’s very nice. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rain good news about your homeownership. Best wishes. Stay safe

    Much๐Ÿ’š๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿ’™love

    ReplyDelete
  17. Safe travels, Rain. I hope border crossing goes smoothly for you, Alex, and your fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The slumber party! Oh my gosh, so cute ❤ Very excited for you, Rain! I hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have dog slumber parties on the regular here except it's our two (pit bull and Great Dane mix), Reynaldo's two dogs (a shepherd and pit bull), and Linda's dog (a shepherd)... talk about a fur rug! Dog bodies everywhere!

    You get all your canning done?

    ReplyDelete
  20. thinking of you my friend with heart filled with prays and best wishes ,hope you reach there safely and settle nicely ,will be waiting for your update excitingly indeed :)

    i envy the way bugs is enjoying his rest and party :) nicely done :)

    your image after arrival here ten years ago seems touching as like or not when one spends as long time at one place his attachment to surroundings get thicker :)
    stay well and healthy dear Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow fantastic water lilly with BB. and that photo of the dogs and the lake in the background, wow, beautiful! Hope all is going well with this move.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rain,

    Bugs is taking it easy I see. Now that's a good way to spend the day. I'm looking forward to being outdoors to enjoy some sunshine and fun. I'm taking a blog hiatus after a hectic April. I might be on break much of the summer which is a good time with Internet traffic generally so slow this time of year. I may try to do some of the art date prompts when I have the time, though. Take care and be well, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a very nice water lily with Bugs Bunny.
    Like your photographs too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Rain! I already know that you have arrived safe and well at your new home ~ Thank goodness. I loved the video of the puppy slumber party. I didn't know there were zodiac flowers. I checked the link, and mine are all favorite plants: Water lilies; Moss; Poppies; Rhubarb; Yarrow; Clematis; Lilac;
    Orchids. Lilacs are my absolute favorite flowers, and I am forever photographing waterlilies and moss. Bugs bunny is cute as always! Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain