Thursday, January 12, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Aerial View!

 

Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊 I keep saying this, but I WILL drop by to visit every art/dinner date post I've missed in the past month! I will also be visiting all of my blog friends very soon! Don't give up on me! πŸ’•  And thank you so much to my friends who sent me Christmas cards this year!!! πŸŽ„

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Aerial View! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! Granny and Tweety Bird were kind enough to pose for me this week! I think I got Tweety Bird's aerial viewpoint okay, but Granny's was challenging!


I painted a galaxy with watercolours this week too! I feel like I'm in my 20's again...going to school part time and working full time! My watercolour course is going well, I'm learning a lot - and I plan on taking more courses! I'm pretty much working full time on my YouTube channels now too. I have lots of things I'm a-cookin' up for 2023!!


πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I don't have much to show! Thanks so much for the well wishes last week, we are both feeling much healthier! I did make some Corn Bread and it was delicious! I've been experimenting with vegan food lately too, trying to adapt some of my recipes without using animal products...I'll keep you posted!

On the video front:

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art, I'm sharing How To Paint A Watercolor Galaxy!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw Humpty Dumpty!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Comforting Mushroom Soup!

⬆️⬆️ I'm also showing How To Make Corn Bread!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

January 19th: Collage
January 26th: Scarves

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

25 comments:

  1. You have been, and are, super creative. And very busy. Stop by other blogs when you have time and in the interim thank you for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the aerial view. Love the galaxy. Delicious cornbread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for trying to eliminate meat, Rain. We eat far less animal protein than we ever did, and have vegetarian days a couple of times a week. If I were younger I am sure I would become a vegetarian. I think the birds in my posts qualify as aerial viewers this week! All the best - David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain,

    I'm happy you and Alex are doing much better. I love buttermilk cornbread with soupy pinto beans but it goes well with other things like chili which I haven't made in while. I need fix it soon with some cornbread. :)

    I'm joining the play date this week. I hope to be around more frequently this year than last but we'll see. Your aerial view is much better than mine. Your galaxy painting is beautiful! You're such an amazingly talented person in your kitchen and art studio. ;)

    Have a doodletastic day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your galaxy is just amazing Rain. Thanks for sharing your technique in your video. Your cornbread looks yummy. Glad to hear you're feeling better and that your class is going well. I need to find a good class to take; I'm looking for something to spruce up the winter. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your galaxy painting too Rain, since we got snow last night and its much colder again too I will be making a big pot of mixed beans soup with homemade cornbread-in cast iron. yours looks delicious-hugs from the lake Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Rain,
    your galaxy looks particularly impressive! But Granny and Tweety are adorable too - and seem to be very happy. And your cornbread looks delicious too. Good for the world that you're trying to make some vegan choices. We try that too. We will not succeed in all areas (and I think that "normal farm animal husbandry" should also be preserved - only factory farming should disappear, and quickly!)
    All the best from Austria!
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/01/costa-rica-2-kapitel-einblick-in-unsere.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sky shot of Tweety and his lady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you felt well enough to make corn bread. I looks so good. Have a really good day today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the use of “Aerial” to mean a view FROM earth into other parts of space, rather than the usual meaning which is looking DOWN at earth! My brother takes fantastic photos of far-off galaxies with his telescope, and now I see them as “aerial.”

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased you are both feeling much healthier.

    I do like your watercolour galaxy.

    Your food always looks very tasty.

    Take care and enjoy the week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the galaxy picture Rain. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with cornbread covered in butter and honey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Granny and Tweety clearly look like they are suspended in mid air ... I think you captured the aerial view perfectly. I love the galaxy ... it looks so real. What art classes are you taking on You Tube? I could use a lesson or two or three or more ... my problem is I am not disciplined enough to keep up with them and post on TAD ... but I am willing to try.
    We love corn bread at our house. I get corn bread "disks" that you can put in the toaster at my grocery store bakery and they are really good. Making it from scratch would be better, I'm sure ... but time is not my friend. We shall see. So glad that you are feeling better. Hope you can stay that way from now on ... getting sick is no fun. So, stay well, Rain and make some "You" time this week :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  14. You chose beautiful colours for your galaxy painting, Rain. Looks like you have a very full day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good evening, Rain. Sitting now on my PC, I can now comment ... Love again your comics. They make me smiling. Hope you are well? And wish a very fine weekend.

    Hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyone needs granny like that.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't spent much time in blog world over the last months. i hope to get back in the swing of things. That recipe I must look at later - the mushroom soup.
    always love what I see here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a great galaxy painting, Rain! Glad to read that you are both feeling getter as well. We have finally shaken off our colds, but still keep tissues handy. As fir blog visiting, do so when you can as we all get busy with things in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Always ~ creative art works and food here ~ sorry thought I had commented ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ...cornbread is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The galaxy painting is amazing. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. It's cold and snowy here, everything is a mess. Take care and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rain - thank you very much for visiting my blog and your kind comment! I am not posting as often these days, but I hope to link up to one of your Thursday Art or Dinner Date parties soon. I am trying to cook once a week to give dear hubby a break from cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like what you do for your dinner dates. Awesome! I am glad you are enjoying your watercolor classes, too.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain