Thursday, January 5, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Glass and Soup!

 

Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Glass! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! Bugs is up to something looking through that magnifying glass!!


πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, it's been a soup week for us. We both have some kind of stomach flu that we can't shake. I've been hibernating in bed mostly. I hope you're all well! I made a chicken noodlish style soup for me and an Italian Pasta Soup for Alex. I made enough so that we had at least a week's worth! Making more tonight!


⬆️⬆️ David, this is for you and all of my bird loving friends out there! The Evening Grosbeaks are back at the feeder! The Wild Turkeys put in an appearance too!

On the video front:

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have A New Year's 2023 Drawing Tutorial!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Whole Wheat Bread!

⬆️⬆️ I'm also showing a short Blooper from the Whole Wheat Bread video!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

January 12th: Aerial View
January 19th: Collage
January 26th: Scarves

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

20 comments:

  1. Love your fun magnifying glass piece! The soups look comforting! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you'll be feeling better soon-hugs
    We loved watching the wild turkeys and last year here at our feeders we saw our first grossbeaks-so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stomach flu is awful - I hope you will feel better soon and your energy will come back.
    I love the Evening Grosbeaks, such cute birds! Thank you for sharing this beautiful video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you and Alex are suffering through that nasty stomach virus that seems to be everywhere right now -- so many people have caught it! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better Rain. Stomach bugs are not fun. And it's not a fun way to start the new year either. Your soup looks delicious. I've got a hankering make some soon too. Take care and get back up on your feet. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm the soups look so good. I love it when the turkeys and grosbeaks come in the yard. Not here in Oregon but they did when I lived in N. Id.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor both of you. I hope you feel MUCH better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rain,

    Love your Bugs Bunny sketch. I am a bird lover and would be thrilled to sit and watch all those Evening Grosbeaks at your feeders. Awesome! Both of your soups look delicious. I hope you and Alex are feeling better. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the video of the Evening Grosbeaks and the Wild Turkeys, Rain - lucky you! Sorry to hear you have been sick, but at least it's not COVID. In terms of glass, perhaps the most important thing is that we continue to put cracks in the glass ceiling, and we should never relent from doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're feeling better very soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feel better soon.
    Your soups look delicious and I did enjoy the video of the grosbeaks and turkeys.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Bugs Big eye ... I have two pictures just like that ... not sure where they are or I would have posted them :) Soup is the perfect dish for this weather. Alex is blessed that you make a soup just for him. Hope you are both feeling better (did you test for Covid?). I love the Evening Grosbeaks ... I have never seen them around here and our Grosbeaks don't tend to travel in groups like that. They certainly are beautiful ... can't say the same for the Turkey ... Have you tried to get Mr.Turkey to spread his tail feathers ... now that would be beautiful :) Take care, Rain ... plenty of rest and fluids until you are feeling better. Happy New Year to you both and your fur babies.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had bean soup with hamhocks this week accompanies by beer bread. Soup is so satisfying in Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those soups look so good. I hope you and and Alex are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, yes, yes on the soup and the bread. I have bread started again now. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rain,

    I hope as you're reading this you and Alex are feeling much better. It's not fun when you're under the weather. Your Looney Tune character drawings always make me smile. :D Mmm, your soups sound/look delicious! There's nothing like a good ole hot bowl of soup to make one to feel better even if it's temporary. I hope to get back into the art groove this year. I really miss participating in your art date each week. Take care of yourself, my friend. Hugs, love, and cheers for a good new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, soups are comforting as we know too since we have both been feeling the effects of post holiday colds. We are feeling better this week after staying home all last week and hope the same is true for you both. There’s nothing better with soup than homemade bread, even sithout the soupπŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
  18. The soup looks great. Better than canned. Hope for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ...we are having vegetable, beef soup tonight. Take care and stay warm and well.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain