Thursday, January 19, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Collage

 

Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Collage! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! Bugs Bunny decided to make a collage as a tribute to the late and great Mel Blanc who voiced pretty much all of the Looney Tune voices. He was also the voice of Woody Woodpecker and Barney Rubble from the Flintstones. Mel Blanc did a lot of old time radio as well before he got big with his cartoon voices! I drew Bugs and made the collage from internet images using Photoshop!



πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I managed to do a little vegan baking and cooking this past week! I made a vegan pineapple upside-down cake. I hope to have a recipe transcribed in the near future! It tasted just like a cake made with eggs, milk and butter!


⬆️⬆️ I got some canning done the last week as well. Homemade Mild Salsa and Homemade Chunky Pizza Sauce. I got about 20 pints of each done so we're set well into the spring!


⬆️⬆️ I also tried a few vegan "cheeses". The "cheese" on the left is made with cashews and tastes a bit like a nutty cream cheese. The "cheese" on the right is like a cheez whiz, and it really has a good cheesy flavour! I wanted to try these out before making videos and sharing recipes because they both need a wee bit of tweaking still! 


⬆️⬆️ Bread LOVE!! I made some Lemon Yogurt Muffins and some Old Fashioned White Bread.

On the video front:

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw A Quesadilla!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Lemon Yogurt Muffins!

⬆️⬆️ I'm also showing a video of Jack and Raven playing in the snow!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

January 26th: Scarves

Foodie February!!

February 2nd: Fruit
February 9th: Veggies
February 16th: Bread
February 23rd: Drinks

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

28 comments:

  1. Your photoshop collage is awesome Rain. Your vegan cake looks so good. Great job with all the canning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks amazing. I am always blown away by your creativity - in so many fields.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been too long since I joined TADD. However, when I learned the prompt, I had to join in. O love how Bugs drew the collage honoring Mel Blanc. I probably mentioned this before, but I got to meet him when my undergrad school hired him to give a lecture. I even got his autograph.

    Gosh, I've been wanting to make a pineapple upside down cake for months. However, I would use eggs, butter, and half and half because I have no milk. I enjoy being a vegetarian, but can't give up my dairy products. Your salsa looks good, though.

    I enjoyed the video of Jack and Raven. So nice to see she has a brace and can now run in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Love the sketch of Bugs and the collage. My favorite is seeing Raven running around in the snow, she is having fun. I am like Jack, I am not a fan of cold weather. Cute bird captures. Your Upside down cake looks yummy. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure that becoming a vegan is a huge challenge. I hope you will be able to stick with it, Rain. It's good for the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. collage is something I haven't done but I like the idea and will keep it in mind for future craft days. I just loved seeing Jack and Raven in the snow (I love Jack so much!!!) the snow looks like the nice dry powdery type - not like our English wet/heavy stuff! Your pineapple cake looks very nice. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummm everything looks so good. Lemon muffins coming up. I will make those for sure. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember in college I went to see Mel Blanc speak. Well I tried, but people stood in line for hours to get in. And you've been busy cooking this week. Have you stopped making your non-vegan cheese? I could go vegetarian but not sure I could go vegan, although I don't mind eating at people's homes who are vegan. It's the eggs and milk products I would really miss. Smile. I loved the video of Jack and Raven in the snow. How a wonderful rest of your week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your food looks delicious, dearest Rain - I especially love the pineapple cake! And Bugs seems very concentrated when creating collages. Today I can finally follow the motto again, because there are a lot of collages in my post - and food photos this time too :-DDD
    All the best from Austria
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/01/costa-rica-3-kapitel-was-sollte-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gawd, that upside-down pineapple cake looks GOOD! When I was a little girl, that was the dessert that my Mom would make for special occasions. For me there's a lot of nostalgia wrapped up in that dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving that Bugs! And oh, that pineapple cake -- yum. I've never made one of those and I should try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comments!!! To those curious, I'm not attempting to go completely vegan myself. Alex has gone vegan over the last 6 months or so and I'm trying to stick to a vegetarian diet. I don't know that I can give up cheese! My big issue is that I have so many food intolerances including soy, beans and brown rice. These are big proteins in a vegan diet and I can't eat them so I need to watch my nutritional health at the same time. I know that there are other protein-high foods like quinoa and I'm easing into developing a taste for the new flavours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to sit upside down to eat that wonderful cake? Another bounty of good stuff, Rain

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally got caught up in your video about the waterbath canning and almost forgot to comment! I was looking into waterwath canners (like the one you have) and learned that you can't use them on a glass cooktop. Darn! Next I will watch your lemon yogurt muffins video, it does sound yummy. And I love to hear you talk on your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like your sketch of Bugs and the collage.
    I think your vegan cake looks very tasty.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pineapple upside down cake looks like a great winter treat! with or without the dairy prods.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...Rain, your collage is spilling off the paper with neat characters. I hope that your day spills over with wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rain- I love that first toon with Bugs Bunny! That pineapple upside down cake looks wonderful. I haven't had that in years and years. My mother used to make it quite often.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Art...and yummy bread and dessert recipes! I love it! You always encourage happy times! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rain,

    What a cool collage and I love the idea!

    I'm playing hooky today but plan to take part in TAD next week. Your pineapple upside down cake looks yummy. Your muffin recipe reminded me that I want to make some oat bran muffins. Maybe, I can do that today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I left your comment on the muffin recipe page so you will have to go there to find it ... but, I forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed your video of Jack and Raven in the snow. Well Jack trying to get back in the house ... but Raven reminded me of my Izzi. She loved the snow and flew around tossing it up with her nose just like Raven. A happy memory for sure ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  22. I got a post up, Rain! Not quite a collage. Your Bugs Bunny collage piece is wonderful. Your pineapple upside down cake looks delicious. I don't think I could go vegan. I love cheese, eggs, half and half, and butter. My doctor says I need to eat steak ~ lol. I translate that into hamburger. You're so good at canning. I've canned nothing in years. I do have a well-stocked pantry though. I used to be Raven in the snow, but now I'm more like Jack. As always you baking and cooking is inspiring! Have a great weekend! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I like the Bugs Bunny collage. The pineapple upside down cake is beautiful! They are so good too. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  24. I never made an pineapple upside down cake.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was fun to watch Raven enjoying the snow so much! She is like me--I love snow and we have been getting quite a bit of it this winter.

    You have been very busy baking and making those delicious sauces, Rain. I always enjoy watching your cooking demonstrations and the Lemon Yogurt Muffins in this post look very delicious. I have a few Williams Sonoma Cookbooks and I find all the recipes delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just made a killer rum cake. Your treats look very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jack looks so forlorn at the door, though very patient. (I'm chuckling here) And Raven so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bugs and the collage was very creative, Rain, and I wondered exactly HOW you did it?

    Congrats on getting the salsa and pizza sauce canned and now I know you will be including more pizza recipes πŸ˜‹It seems that Raven was having more fun than Jack in the snow, although he did get out there in time. I can see that your snowfall was way more then here in Nashua, NH.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain