Thursday, March 9, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Cool Colours (Blues, Purples, Greens)

 


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Cool Colours (Blues, Purples, Greens)! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! Daffy Duck is living a frugal life and crushing his own grapes for his wine! Lucky Duck! 😁



⬆️⬆️ Erika asked about the dog boots last week. These are the ones I buy Erika! They remind me of balloons a little bit. They are the best little boots I've ever had for my dogs because yes, they STAY ON. Jack is used to them but Raven tries to shake them off....futile lol. They are easily washable and I'd say I only have to replace the entire pack once every few years when their nails go through them. I rub them with baby powder because they tend to get all sticky and it's hard to put them on the dog's paws otherwise. I buy them at Pet Smart in Canada and a 12-pack of the large boots cost me $27. 



⬆️⬆️ When my Marlene was still alive and had trouble walking, these were great because they kept her from slipping on the wood/tile floors too.



⬆️⬆️ I wanted to show you this gorgeous crystal point that a friend gave me. It's a green Fluorite healing crystal. I just adore it!



⬆️⬆️ πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I made a delicious goat cheese pizza! Yum!



⬆️⬆️ For anyone interested, I'm doing a little self-promotion! Every day on my YouTube channel Spiritual Rain, I do a daily card reading. The video above is a sample of what I have to offer!

More on the video front:



⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art, I'm sharing my Watercolor Tulips video!


⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw A Baby Chick!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Grissini (Italian Breadsticks)!



That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

21 comments:

  1. Cute to see Daffy crushing the grapes. The pizza looks delicious! Love that crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore the purples and the greens and the standing crystal point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ate very well in Cuba, but not being in the habit of taking pictures of my dinner, I have nothing to offer. it was always good though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain,

    Daffy has the perfect feet for stomping grapes. I betcha got the inspiration from the I love Lucy show. That was such a hilarious episode!

    Last weekend, we watched a wee bit of the Iditarod and the dogs wear booties. I wondered about the booties, what they were made of and do they keep the dogs' feet warm & dry. I hate when my feet are cold. I can't imagine animals who live in harsh conditions. Outdoor critters I suppose adapt to it somewhat. This is really a neat invention.

    Thanks for hosting the creative fun. Have a doodletastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rain. I hope Daffy makes some good wine from those grapes. Have you ever tried making wine? I went to one of those places that were popular maybe 10 years ago where you pick your mix (so to speak). it was pretty good but kind of cheating. And thank you so much for mentioning those dog booties. I can see my dog Pete having slip problems on one of our floors and when he comes in in the winter he is often licking his paws so this might be good for him. I'll have to check out local Petsmart because they'll probably have them here in NH also. I love the color of that crystal. And your pizza looks delicious. I think I need to make one soon. Smile. And thanks for the grissini video. I've never tried bread sticks but they look fun to make. I hope your week is going well. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is our first post to link to your Thursday Art. It will be helpful to keep my artwork going. :-) Love the vibrant purple in Daffy Duck's painting. And the green crystal oh my! And, really cool you do card readings! I'm a card reader too (destiny cards). So nice to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dog boots. So cute ad a great idea.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed last week so I didn't know about the dog boots. What a really great idea and it's nice to hear a good recommendation. And I just love the pic of the two dogs, nose to nose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daffy's colours are a wonderful combination (purple is my favorite color).

    Interesting feedback on how the dogs handled their boots. I cannot see that Poppy The Brave would like them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...we live near grape country and fall is a fabulous time of year. I can concord grape and lash week I made a grape pie, what a treat. Thanks Rain for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a hard challenge for me because i'm dyschromat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breadsticks are a bread I have not made, Rain, and now I am thinking about a batch as homemade soup is on the menu soon, most likely minestroneπŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy, if I had grapes to stomp in, I would probably be eating them by the handfuls because I love grapes. But if wine is what you want, then Daffy has the right idea :) Dog boots ... Izzi would agree with Raven and want them off her feet, but she did eventually get used to them and somewhat ignored them while she went about her business. Sadly, I don't have that issue to deal with anymore :(
    I love your crystal and would love to know more about it and in what way it is healing. It certainly is beautiful and definitely a cool color :)
    Goat cheese pizza sounds perfect to me. I love goat cheese and get it from Trader Joe's whenever I can. So besides your own homemade crust, what else do you put on the pizza?
    I enjoyed your Spiritual Rain piece and I agree we need to keep moving and trying new directions to make the most of the one life we have. There are so many options open to us and sadly many of us don't take advantage. I was blessed with a wonderful upbringing and was pointed in many positive directions that have been rewarding, exciting and sometimes disappointing ... but I am not done yet and I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.
    You have traveled a sometimes bumpy road, but you have arrived at a place where you are giving to everyone as well as yourself. I think you must feel good about who you are today:) Here's to the many roads you have yet to travel, Rain ... may they all be rewarding and inspiring:)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like that crystal.
    Your goat cheese pizza looks delicious.

    Have a good weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi rain I watched your video, Journey is a good word for me, we are looking at our life journey options right now as we head towards retirement... so much to do, do little time on this planet! I like the doggy snow boots, whst a great idea.. am thinking also would be good for dogs in hot places who get sore feet walking on hot paving. Vetty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe that I posted my link, but still haven't commented on your post. I apologize! What are the dogs licking? Obviously something you had just made, I assume. They look very happy with this extra treat. - Your watercolor tulips looks beautiful. Tulips are some of my faovrite flowers in the spring and I usually buy them every week to have something spring like in the house. The Italian breadsticks definitely is something I will try, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Once I forgot. Sometime I will remember Thursday art.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Rain,
    I just love your art, Daffy is great. The crystal is beautiful.
    Love your sweet furbabies. The rubber booties are a great idea. YUM, I love pizza! Have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Erika! Yes, I have made my own wine before. I made it for years using the kits, but the flavour was just so-so...I think I kept making my own just to be frugal but finally gave up because the professionally made wines just taste so much better!!!

    Hi Andrea! I use homemade pizza sauce and LOTS of cheese! Goat cheese, Cheddar and my homemade Mozzarella. Sometimes green olives, but it's mainly a cheese pizza!

    Hi Carola! The dogs were probably licking whipped cream from the beaters!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always a wonderful post filled with fun ~ Daffy is great ~


    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain