Thursday, March 16, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Grayscale

 


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Grayscale! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it!  This is one of the original versions of Porky The Pig from 1936-1939 that I drew with ink and graphite. The cartoon shorts were black and white so he fits in quite well with my prompt this week! 



Isn't it interesting how these cartoon characters evolve over the years?



⬆️⬆️ Well, here is my private road, which I dub my half a kilometer driveway. I don't have county services so I have to clear it myself. We've had some big snow storms lately and this is my snow blower handiwork after a storm last week. We are getting a lot of snow this week, but spring snow is melty snow, so I might wait it out instead of doing the snow removal!



⬆️⬆️ 
Jack's energy is declining...he had a very worrisome nose bleed over the weekend that lasted nearly 24 hours. It's from the cold dry air...but he's always the clown for me. Here's a video of him chewing on his ears and scratching his butt up against the wall lol!



⬆️⬆️ πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I'm all Irished out! I made Irish Coffee and Shamrock Sugar Cookies!

On the video front:


⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art, I'm sharing a quick video where I paint Abstract Flowers with acrylic paints.


⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw A Mushroom House!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Irish Coffee!

⬆️⬆️ I'm also showing How To Make Shamrock Sugar Cookies!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

March 30th: Primary Colours

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

21 comments:

  1. Wonderful grayscale Porky! Your coffee and cookies look yummy. Happy St Paddy's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has always been a bit of a puzzle to me how St. Patrick's Day became such a universal celebration. It seems to be cosmopolitan in scope and I am quite sure the number of celebrants exceeds the population of Ireland itself. Here it has become an excuse for a wild and sometimes out of control street party, where allegedly intelligent university students prove otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, porky pig has changed over the years. He used to be porky. Now he is swelt pig. Smile. And we had that snow too. And yesterday I was so pleased with the amount melt we had. But there's still a lot to go, but you're right with it being melty snow. You have a huge driveway. Mine is fairly big, but not that big. I was out the other day shoveling 3 times and then the final clean up yesterday. Your Irish coffee and cookies look yummy. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. Have a great rest of your week and weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a big snow removal job for you, we live pretty rural but a plow will come down for our little area once the main roads are plowed.
    I will making up an Irish dinner we love corn beef and cabbage-and then next reuben sandwiches. Your cookies looks perfect with the Irish coffee.
    Hugs from the lake Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rain, having had to do a bit of snow shoveling last month, I have come to appreciate the concept of a snow blower.

    I do like your Porky Pig. It likes quite like his older appearance, which I do enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Rain,

    Great B& Porky Pig sketch! the snowy driveway is pretty, but I would be happy for the Spring melt too. Jack is a cutie, I hope he feels better. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I find it very interesting how Porky The Pig has changed over the years, dear Rain! (But despite his old age he stayed young ;-)) It's great how you portrayed Porky!
    Oh man, you still have so much snow! I'll keep my fingers crossed that spring will save you from snow-clearing!
    Poor Jack - I can imagine that his nosebleed worried you. By the way, I also know nosebleeds for hours because of dry air, I was even in the hospital because of it as a young girl. I now use nose oil (or normal cooking oil), which helps a bit. Maybe that will help Jack too?
    Your leprechaun look suits you perfectly and I really like your shamrock sugar cookies too.
    My current post is quite colorful, but I can at least contribute to your grayscale theme with the photos of the volcano model and the gray lava rock and some gray shades of sky. And there is also delicious food to see ;-)
    All the best 😘 - Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/03/costa-rica-8-kapitel-nationalpark.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed seeing the old porky too. Thanks for the history lesson and your usual bounty of inspiring art

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your version of Porky is fabulous! And sweet Jack -- I'm sure the air didn't help, poor guy.

    Thanks for stopping by last week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice grayscale. Yummy good. Happy Thursday

    MuchπŸ’œlove

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...Porky has slimmed down over the years, I wish that I could say the same. Thanks Rain for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rain, just a quick pop in as am on holiday but so glad I caught up with blogland as dear old Jack scratching his bum lightened my day, I hope he will be well and strong and no more nose bleeds. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, each comic envolve and its very interesting to see Porky Big grawing. And of course, we love St. Patricks Day, too here and celebrate.

    ...poor Jack. We would wear the pain, if we could, isn't?

    Wish you a very good weekend, hopping for a bester time for Jack.

    Hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy St. Patrick's Day! You even have green finger nails. Oh, my. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Rain! I enjoyed your post. I have a lot of catching up to do! Great grayscale of Porky the Pig. It's a sad commentary on our culture that even a piggy named Porky has to be skinny ~ lol! Jack is such a hoot. It's really hard to see him get older. He's much more coordinated than I am. I could never chew my ear and scratch my butt at the same time! Thanks for sharing such a cute video of his antics. Hugs and love to you, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh! the Thursday art date is with dinner now. :)
    The porky pig sketch has turned out really good. The cartoon characters have come a long way and while improvising the characters some have evolved while others lost their charm.
    Clearing that snow must be a lot of work but that snow pic is really beautiful.
    A lovely post as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG ... you shovel that "driveway"? It looks like a road and I sure hope you have something to ride on when you do it :0 As for Porky, you captured his fat little face perfectly and I think I like the 40's and 50's version better than the current one.
    Your Jack is adorable and smart enough to rub his butt on the wall when it itches. It is okay to slow down a bit when your old. He will still walk with you though, especially when the weather warms up a bit.
    So let me guess ... you are at least part Irish, right. I mean the red hair is a give away, but Shamrock cookies and Irish Coffee ... yes, you are Irish. I am part Scotch Irish so I have a touch of it in my blood. I had auburn hair before it turned gray so we are kin in some ways :) This week has been especially busy (like most weeks now days)so I haven't had a chance to go through your video ... but I will, rest assured :) I am struggling with what to do in Complimentary Colours ... guess it will be a surprise to me as well as you. I am off to visit my daughter ... Hope you have a good week ... and that all is well with you again.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your porky pig and it was interesting to see how he has changed over the years.

    Hope you had a good, and happy, St Patricks Day.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had great treats and especially after the snow blowing, Rain. Hope your celebration was a happy one. We skipped cooking corn beef at home and instead went to a local eatery. The servings were large enough that we enjoyed leftovers for a second meal, win-win, and no work on our part in the kitchen. Jack was amusing and hope he will be feeling better when spring eventually arrives, supposedly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It been a while since I had a sugar cookie.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain