Thursday, March 30, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Primary Colours!



Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Primary Colours! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it!  Tweety Bird is ready for a 3D movie marathon!

Note: I wanted to let everyone know that I will be answering all comments from now on! I started with the last post, so check back if you are interested! 

 


The three primary colours are yellow, red and blue. By mixing any of these three colours, you can get all of the other colours on the colour wheel. By adding white and black, you can get different shades of the colours too!





⬆️⬆️ I also painted this robin's nest with watercolours. 



⬆️⬆️ 
I pulled out the charcoals yesterday to draw Donald Sutherland, it's been a while since I've done a portrait and I kind of miss doing them!


"Seaside" Spinach!!!

"Buttercrunch" Lettuce!

⬆️⬆️ Things are starting to grow under the grow lights in the basement! I have some spinach and lettuces popping up!



⬆️⬆️ πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹,  I made a loaf of Olive Bread! This was so good, I dipped it in olive oil and Balsamic vinegar. A friend suggested it would be really good with brushetta too, I'll try that next time!



⬆️⬆️ I have another wine recommendation! Carnivor Zinfandel from California. At the New Brunswick Liquor stores, there are several vintages and I chose the oldest they had from 2020. This was SO smooth and full bodied. Rarely do I taste what the label suggest, but my palate was spot on with this one. "Bold notes of dark cherry and blackberry jam complement hints of mocha and toasted oak" - normally I cringe at any chocolate flavour in red wine, but this was so subtle that it worked! It's a bit pricey at $23 (where I live), so it's a once in a while treat!

On the video front:




⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw Spring Flowers! 


⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Olive Bread! 



That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

April 6th: Folklore
April 13th: Brushes
April 20th: Library
April 27th: Twisted

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

40 comments:

  1. I LOVE your art - and your food is definitely art too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your portrait is really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Love your art this week-especially the bird nest, great videos too I think it is good to splurge on a good one once in awhile. This one sounds really nice Fun you have garden sprouts coming up Happy Thursday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! ♥ I'm very excited about the sprouts! I eat spinach almost every day when I can get it and having some growing year round would be so wonderful!

      Delete
  4. Your olive bread looks exceptionally delicious, Rain. Wine at $23 a bottle would be a special event treat for me too! We quaffed a very acceptable Malbec last night - $12.00 only!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me about the Malbecs David, there is a Malbec/Shiraz from Argentina called Fuzion. I used to enjoy that one. I'll be out shopping this weekend, so I'll pick one up, it's $11.99 here. Everything is just a little more expensive in the Maritimes vs. Quebec I noticed. I think that particular wine is a dollar less in Quebec.

      Delete
  5. Hello Rain,
    I always enjoy seeing your art work, Tweety bird is a favorite. Your bread looks delicious! It is great to see those sprouts, I love spinach. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! Tweety is on my mind lately and will be the star of TADD quite often I think! ☺ Maybe it's spring in the air, so many birds at the feeder. I need to get that trailcam back up and running!

      Delete
  6. Rain - I love the robin's nest.

    California Zinfandel's are an excellent choice. Not sure what makes it to your neck of the woods, but Boeger Winery makes a fine Zinfandel and Old Vine Zinfandel. Also, Gnarly Head makes a good Old Vine Zinfandel (Old Vine Zin is my favorite).

    Congratulations on the seedlings! How long do you leave the lights on every day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I absolutely love the California Zins TB. Those and of course the Puglia Primitivos. I have seen Gnarly Head...maybe back in Quebec, I'll be out and about this weekend, will peruse what the NB Liquor Commission has to offer! New Brunswick isn't as much into wine as Quebec and I've noticed a lot of my favourite wines aren't offered here. I leave the grow lights on for 16 hours a day. Since they're LED's, I'm not too concerned about the electricity cost! It's very exciting! My basement glows at sundown lol.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad your grow lights are getting your garden going. It's great to see the little sprouts popping up. I bought some seeds yesterday but I don't have room for indoor gardens, so I am getting impatient. And your food and wine look yummy today. It's a little too early for wine, but it still looks good. And you asked about the pullman pan. I am definitely going to use it again, for other breads too. Just not artisan bread, but it made a loaf so easy to slice being so regular shaped. I got mine on Amazon but I went with a slightly better brand (USA pans), but I was worried the lid might not slide easily if I went with one a bit less expensive. But who knows. Nice art today and it's fun to see your charcoal drawing too.Have a great end of March. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika! If I didn't have the grow lights, I'd be getting a little antsy about start seeds too!. Especially the lettuces, which I eat so often and can't stand paying ridiculous prices for all winter and spring! Thanks for the info about the pullman pan. I love all of my lovely breads, but having a 'sandwich slicer' is something I really wanted, I'm going to keep an eye out on the sales. ♥

      Delete
  8. Cute Tweety. Beautiful portrait. The olive bread looks good. Impressed with your basement planting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! ♥ I'm very excited about the basement garden!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Debra! It was a fun painting, but I wasn't sure where to stop with the twigs! ♥

      Delete
  10. Luv your tweety bird today. Gorgeous bread. Yummy
    Have a lovely Thursday

    MuchπŸ’œlove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillena! Maybe Wilma and Tweety Bird should get together one of these days! ☺☺

      Delete
  11. Awww...I have always loved Tweety Bird. It is always fun to pop in here and see what all you are up to. Love to you-Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana ♥ Hugs and love to you too! ♥

      Delete
  12. Yes, aren't the grow lights amazing. I am so very happy with mine. Tweety is just too cute with his pop corn. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them Sis! Can't wait to use ALL of them lol! ♥

      Delete
  13. I love your nest. And WOW! Checkout that olive bread. That has to taste amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanie! The olive bread was really tasty! ☺

      Delete
  14. ...I'd love a slice or two of olive bread! Thanks Rain for hosting the party. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom! Next time I'll keep a slice for you! ☺

      Delete
  15. I like that photo of you outdoors painting and sitting with food and wine. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tweety Bird is a wonderful use of the primary colors, Rain, and you caught the sinister look in Sutherland's eyes that creeps me out. I'm happy to see your little seedlings popping up, especially after the effort you made setting up the beds in your basement. And more great videos! I thought I was finally able to start watching them regularly, and then I ended up spending part of two days with my dentist and the oral surgeon he sent me too ~ all those forms to fill out. I'm having oral surgery on Monday morning. I think of you every day and send you hugs, good vibrations, and encouragement every day! I'll have to look for your wine. What a lovely table setting - so inviting! xox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise! ♥ You mentioned the sinister look in Sutherland's eyes that creeps you out...Have you ever seen the tv version of Stephen King's Salem's Lot? He plays the CREEPIEST of creepy characters in that and I had to draw him because I couldn't stop picturing his face and it was so creepy lol...Oh dear, good luck with your oral surgery...I can't stand going to dentists offices...I hope the procedure is painless and you recover quickly! Thanks for the hugs, I'm doing very well Louise! ♥♥

      Delete
  17. Thank you for hosting... and your lovely Post here, dear Rain.

    Have a wonderful week, hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidrun! I hope you enjoy your weekend! ♥

      Delete
  18. that is a very good Donald Sutherland you created, Rain. I'm so glad you have spinach/food beginning to break the soil. I admire your indoor basement garden, you have made use of every opportunity to grow and create :) I hope for little Jack that he is feeling comfy and secure. The wine looks good, I like a glass of red xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! Oh I'm super excited about the lettuces. I'll be planting more little seeds in April, I have to time things so I can get them out into the garden outside at the right time. I'm going to do indoor and outdoor growing to see which one works better for me! Jack is doing well. The pain meds are helping him so much and he's resting a lot! ♥♥

      Delete
  19. I love that robin's nest, Rain. I was just thinking I'd love to know how you did that, and I only had to scroll down to see you've posted a video. Going to check it out! And BTW, Great charcoal of Donald Sutherland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becki! The robin's nest was easy, just takes a lot of layers! ☺

      Delete
  20. Tweety is so cute wearing 3D glasses. Great take for the art prompt! Your charcoal drawing is fabulous!! Have a doodletastic week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain