Thursday, November 9, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Trains

 


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Trains! Bugs Bunny is off his rails with that load of carrots he's hauling! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! 



For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date!! πŸ˜‹ I made a delicious Potato and Leek Soup! (See below for the video/recipe!)



I also made a skillet bread to go with the soup. Here's the very easy recipe:

1. Proof 1 & 1/4 tsp active dry yeast in 385 ml warm water (100-105 F).
2. In a large bowl, mix 3 & 1/2 cups bread flour with 1 & 1/2 tsp salt.
3. Add yeast mixture, mix with spatula until it forms a sticky dough. (Make sure all flour is incorporated)
4. Toss some olive oil into the bowl, turn the dough a few times, cover and let rise in a warm spot for 90 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 F.
6. Lightly oil your skillet with olive oil then wipe off excess. (My cast iron pan is a 12" but a 10" would make a better fit I think)
7. Place dough in pan and press out to fit the pan. Cover and let rest 30-45 minutes.
8. Bake 30-35 minutes until the top is lightly browned.



Have you seen the new Donald Sutherland stamp here in Canada? I love it! I bought a pack!


 

↑↑↑  Here's a short video where I draw Kiefer Sutherland, the real-time video is up on Rain Frances Art.


Here are my latest videos:



↑↑↑  For Rain Frances Art For Kids : I'm sharing How To Draw A Broom!


 

↑↑↑  For Rain's Kitchen and Garden : Here's the video/recipe for my Dairy-Free Potato and Leek Soup!


 

↑↑↑  On my channel, Spiritual Rain, my latest "Bedtime Stories Podcast" features me reading the fairy tale Puss In Boots.



That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************

Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date:  (Prompts are optional!)

Nov 16: Smiles
Nov 23: Landscape
Nov 30: Pockets

Dec 7: Snowed In
Dec 14: Christmas Lights
Dec 21: Christmas Cookies
Dec 28: Word(s) for 2024

Click here for the 2024 Prompts!

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

22 comments:

  1. The potato leek soup looks delicious. I will try the skillet bread, it's so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute train piece Rain and the soup looks amazing, perfect with your bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness you are busy. The soup and the bread look like a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rain,
    Bugs is a great train "captain" (haha, I have no idea what that's really called...) - it's great that he can transport his own carrots! My grandson Jamie also really loves trains, so today you're getting a collage of him playing with his train. And I also have a few delicious food photos in my post. Your potato and leek soup with bread looks extra delicious!
    Warm November greetings from Austria!
    Traude
    πŸ‚πŸƒπŸπŸƒ πŸ‚
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/11/ausflug-auf-den-harzberg-im-august-ein.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the recipe !!!! it's good for the coming winter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Travel by train is a forgotten pleasure for many of us. As for this new stamp, does Donald Sutherland have any ongoing connection with Canada other than accident of birth? Does he not reside full time in another country with ascendant lunacy and the incipient threat of autocracy? Or is there some reason unknown to me to honour him? Surely there must be others more worthy, those who remain here and daily live their commitment to the country. I hardly ever buy postage stamps anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to send pretty pictures from blogs to my mom. She is 83. It gives her something nice to look at. I sent her the picture of your soup. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a Donald Sutherland fan too! Haven't bought any of his stamps yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain, we had leek pie this week! Leeks always seem like a good Winter food to me.

    The bread looks great. I may actually try some this weekend.

    As a young child, I loved trains. Especially steam engines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely train art with Bugs :)
    That Potato and Leek Soup looks wonderful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rain - thank you so much for visiting my blog! That soup looks perfect for November weather in Montana! Such an attractive garnish, too! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...this sure is soup season. Take care and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Rain,
    You are multi talents, a great artist and cook. Take care, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both the soup and skillet bread look delicious, Rain! I pinned them both to remind myself to make them. Your artwork is always delightful--you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that soup and bread is absolutely adorable. I would love to have a taste!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun to see all your art and you making art. Looks like a yummy dinner. I made skillet bread this morning. it was pumpkin corn bread, yum. Lovely evening to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is Bugs hauling his carrots to the market or back to his home? lol I love the Looney Tunes sketch!! You did a fabulous job capturing Kiefer's likeness. I always thought his name was so unique sounding. I loved him in the TV series 24! That was our favorite show. I wish they'd reboot the series just like it was back in the day. I don't think that'll happen with all the political correctness garbage in place. Anywho, fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That Potato and Leek Soup looks delicious. Beautiful art, Rain, it's aways a pleasure to see your creations. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I came here to check what this weeks prompt was and realized I hadn't even commented on your post ... πŸ˜’ I love your drawing of Kiefer and will use your video as a guide to drawing other portraits as well. And, no I haven't seen the Donald Southerland stamp and probably won't (unless you send me a Christmas card πŸ˜‚) since I don't live in Canada. I didn't realize that the Southerland family was Canadian ... shows you what I know :( Your Potato and Leek soup with Skillet bread is my kind of cold weather meal ... and we are getting cold weather here, already. Oh, and I hope Bugs is going to deliver some of those fresh carrots down my way ... I love carrots for a low calorie snack. All in all, a lovely post, Rain. Untill next week when you will bring smiles to our faces, right?

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  20. The soup looks like one I will try soon, Rain, and skillet bread in a cast iron fry pan looks wonderful, if only patrick liked cornbread (sigh). I could always make it and enjoy it myself and freeze some for later. Today, we're having chicken vegetable soup and focaccia.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain