Thursday, December 14, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Christmas Lights

 





Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Christmas Lights! No wonder Granny didn't want to put the Christmas lights up herself!!! 😁 Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it!

 


For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date!! πŸ˜‹ I pulled out the waffle maker! These are really delicious. The only downside is that they get really soggy if you don't eat them right away, and it takes between 5-8 minutes for each one, so it's an "eating in shifts" type of meal! Still yummy though! I bought this a few years ago after reading Gigi's post about getting a waffle maker!!!



Many of you friends were right by my side when I was house-hunting from 2018-2020...when I lost the bid on a house in 2019...when I found and purchased my first home in 2020...when I had to move during the height of the Covid scare. Well, another dream of mine has finally come true. I have Christmas lights on my own home! This is a huge achievement for me and makes me so so happy!


Here are my latest videos:



⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art : I'm sharing my short video, How To Draw Tim Allen from The Santa Clause.



⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids : How To Draw Snowflakes!


⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden : As promised, here is my video/recipe for my Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms.


⬆️⬆️ On my channel, Spiritual Rain, my latest "Bedtime Stories Podcast" features me reading the fairy tale The Little Match Girl. 😞


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************

Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date:  (Prompts are optional!)

Dec 21: Christmas Cookies
Dec 28: Word(s) for 2024

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

27 comments:

  1. Rain, your house looks so cozy and happy all lit up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks very cozy with the Christmas lights and I think it probably also looks very cute without them. We often used our waffle maker when our daughter was still living with us and we made some special Sunday morning breakfasts with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thursday.
    Hope all the Christmas lights from last year have been untangled.

    much🀍love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your Christmas lights. Bright and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my waffle maker just yelled he (in German male) fwwls abandoned. He is right, I am sorry!
    Beautiful you have a whole house!
    We own our condo - in a house of 14 parties...Would not do that aganI
    Just saw Santa aka Tim Allen yesterday on TV :-)
    Happy Pre-Christmas-time - I´ll pick up real Dresdner Christmas- "cookies"" from my East-German colleague today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks so cheery and welcoming with its beautiful Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rain, your house is so cute! Your patience and diligence in finding a home of your own really paid off and it's been fun seeing your progress. And now you make all these wonderful videos. I'm really happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rain,
    Love your Sylvester with the lights. Your home looks lovely with the Christmas lights. The waffle look yummy!
    Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our waffle maker makes four at a time. When the grandchildren were little eating in shifts wasn’t an option!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Rain, just came back from a two year blogging pause and had to read through my blogroll of favorite blogs. Hope to join in art prompts soon again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Rain, your Christmas lights on your own house look very pretty. Were these also put up by Sylvester?
    We also have a waffle maker like this one. Haven't made waffles in months now, but it's a good idea to get back into it. If we make several waffles, we put the finished parts in the hot oven to keep them warm, then they will be good for longer. Maybe this trick will help with your waffles too? Today you'll get the Christmas lights from an Advent market from me!
    All the best and have a nice week, Traude
    ☕πŸ§ΈπŸ·πŸ•―️☃️πŸ•―️
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/12/weihnachtliche-lichter-klimts.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your house looks so inviting, Rain!
    Thank you for the recipes, and for hosting too.
    Best Wishes for the coming New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely take on Christmas lights with Sylvester and Granny. Your house lights are inviting too. The stuffed mushrooms sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your house is absolutely lovely. I really like the red and green effect. Happy festive season

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely and inviting home with the lights a glow. I love waffles. I have a Belgian waffle maker as well as a mini waffle maker. So yummy for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picture Rain! I, too, love waffles - but you are right, they are a "shift eating" event if you are home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pancakes are more our favorite as we don;'t have a waffle maker, Rain, but they too can get soggy if not eaten as soon as ready. So nice to see your home lit for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home looks lovely with the colourful lights.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry I couldn't join in tonight Sis, too much medical crap. However, I love, love, love your house with the lights. It looks so warm and inviting. I wonder why your waffles get soggy. Mine are crisp on the outside and stay that way until I get them all made. I have the same waffle iron that you do. I wonder if it is the batter? We love stuffed mushrooms. I will try your recipe this weekend. Have a great evening and enjoy your home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The lights are so beautiful!All the work you've done on the house. So impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...Rain, your home looks so bright and welcoming! ☃️ πŸŽ„ ❄️ πŸŽ…πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  22. That waffle maker is great, isn't it? I think I'll make waffles today. I never get tired of them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you again for this lovely post, dear Rain.

    It really is the beautiful lights in these dark times that give people hope. In my opinion, the darkness does not only refer to this time of year. It is the many disasters that our contemporaries have to suffer. Things that are unfortunately provoked and caused by the people themselves. I'm thinking of our climate! And of course the lack of peace. I understand it less and less the older I get. I'm not the only one who feels this way. We often talk about it with friends!

    Hugs from Heidrun, I wish you a pleasant time

    ReplyDelete
  24. You never give up! You're my North Star, Rain! Your Christmas lights are gorgeous, welcoming, and cozy. Beautiful! I'll be back to catch up. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I love stuffed mushrooms and yours look so good and easy to make. I buy them at my store once in awhile (lazy me :). Sylvester looks a little overwhelmed. I wonder if he will play with the lights the way my cats do. If so, lots of luck πŸ˜‚ I am going to watch your Tim Allen Santa next. It has been a long time since I have seen any of his movies. He was an awesome actor. I am up to my eyes in things to do for Christmas and I haven't even finished shopping yet. I have a lot of people to buy for and some that I don't even know what to get them. Then it is wrapping ... I used to love to wrap. Made it into a art form at times, but now it is just work. We have Poppy here this year, so we have to do Christmas, but otherwise, I wouldn't. There is very little that my FH and I need or want, so it is hard to come up with presents for each other. Oh well, if it isn't obvious, I seem to have lost my Christmas spirit. I did finally send my Christmas cards ... Hoping they make it to Canada on time :) It has been very cold here so I am guessing, as you are further north, that you are suffering the same cold. Stay warm, my friend ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tomorrow, I'm putting up a TAD post for the first time in a long while incorporating this art prompt and the previous one. I hope you got my email thanking you for your lovely Christmas greeting card and I wanted you to know that I sent yours out especially considering last year there was an issue with the post office as yours got returned. Let's hope that doesn't happen again. Waffles for dinner sound like my kind of meal! I hope y'all have a blessed and joyful Christmas, my dear! xo

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain