Thursday, December 7, 2023

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Snowed In



Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Snowed In! I don't think Tweety Bird was ready for the big snowstorm! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it!



We got some snow this week, it's beautiful out. This Mourning Dove gave me a curious look one morning!



I wanted to share this with you. Our Blogger friend Soma from InkTorrents Graphics has a lovely webstore on her blog site. I purchased this handmade/handbound notebook from Soma. The photo doesn't do the beautiful blue colour justice, I just love it, beautifully done Soma. πŸ’™

 

For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date!! πŸ˜‹ I made yummy Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms! (click for the written recipe!) I'll have the video in next week's post if you're interested!

Here are my latest videos:




⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids : How To Draw Mittens!



⬆️⬆️ On my channel, Spiritual Rain, my latest "Bedtime Stories Podcast" features me reading the fairy tale The Elves and The Shoemaker.


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************

Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date:  (Prompts are optional!)

Dec 14: Christmas Lights
Dec 21: Christmas Cookies
Dec 28: Word(s) for 2024

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

19 comments:

  1. Poor Tweety! Snowed in, or snowed under?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with Tweety in...1976? The snow was shoveled to the sides of the sidewalk so high I could hardly see the other side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, chilling with Tweety in '76! Snow so high, sidewalk felt like a tunnel. Crazy times, man!

      Delete
  3. Fun snowed in Tweety piece! The mushrooms look yummy! Lovely notebook from Soma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photo of the Mourning Dove on the snow covered branches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snowed in? Much of Australia is under a heat wave at the moment.
    Like Carola I love the Mourning Dove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel sorry for Tweety Bird but the dove seems to like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Tweety image! Soma's art work is lovely. I like your new notebook. The stuffed mushrooms look yummy, thanks for sharing.
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will be heading to Ottawa tomorrow to visit my daughter, where there is already lots of snow, so we will be living your theme, Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, it is snow. For a minute I thought it was Tweety snuggled up in bed and thought "Yup, that is just where to be when one is snowed in".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Rain, we didn't have as much snow as Tweety Bird, but I can contribute about as much snow as in the Mourning Dove picture ;-) The stuffed mushrooms look delicious and the landscape of Soma is great!
    Hugs and all the best, Traude
    ☕πŸ§ΈπŸ·πŸ•―️☃️πŸ“šπŸ•―️
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/12/osterreichische-nationalbibliothek.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...the Mourning Dove is a treat this morning! Take care and stay warm and well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tweety and Bugs seem to be stuck in the same snow drift. Not much fun for either of them. I think the mourning Dove is saying "Where is the food?" They have to eat and drink to stay warm in the cold snowy days of winter. All the birds would be lined up on my deck if my feeders were empty :) The journal is beautiful. I am going to go over to her store and take a look. And last but not least, I love stuffed mushrooms. I get them at my Jewel Store. They are stuffed with cheese (Mozzarella, I think) chopped onions and tomatoes. They are yummy and my daughter loves them. I will try your recipe ... it sounds really good. It is very cold here now. I can only imagine how cold it gets up by you ... stay warm, my friend.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely art and those goat cheese stuffed mushrooms look delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stuffed mushrooms is one of my favourite food. Yours look delicious, I can almost smell them. Love your beautiful photos and the drawing! The drawing of the journal cover is perfect for your theme, as I was surrounded by snow while drawing that in Yosemite. I am so happy to hear you say that about the journal. Thank you for that and purchasing the journal from my shop, Rain! Means a lot to me.

    Happy Holidays to you and your fur family!
    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  15. The art work is beautiful. The Morning Dove looks like he could use a friend to sit next to him. Have a great day, Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh... I do love that little book, Rain. I think I need to revisit InkTorrents Graphics again after the holidays. Mmmm to those stuffed mushrooms. I love mushrooms - stuffed and unstuffed.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain