Thursday, September 1, 2022

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Mazes



This is a scheduled post! We had to pack ourselves and the pets up and leave the house for a few days while the basement was spray-foam insulated! The great thing about spray foam is that it's also a vapour barrier and a fire retardant! 

Hello my friends! 😊 Welcome to Thursday Art and Dinner Date! Today our optional theme is Mazes! As renovations continue, I will be missing in action until mid-September from Blogger. But please join in with your art and food posts and share with our lovely community! 

I have scheduled YouTube videos as well for those interested:












That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic 🎨 and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— πŸ’— 

*******************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

September 8th - Apples
September 15th - Silhouettes
September 22nd - Harvest Dinner
September 29th - Hair

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Wednesday!

****************************************** 

22 comments:

  1. Spray-foam-insulation sounds good!
    Our condo is in an old house, no such safety-precautions (but two fire extinguishers and a firefighter aka Hubby, that should do ;-)

    I´ll see to your videos soon - perfect work-breaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably much better not to be in the house while the basement is spray-foam insulated. Your drawing is cute! We have wild turkeys here as well and they can tear the entire garden up. I prefer to see them outside of my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the renovations are going really, really well and that you and your furry family are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we don't have anything like spray foam insulation in the UK (probably because only very old houses have basements). Very disruptive for your pets to be moved out but hope it is all cosy and you are settled back in now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a wise decision to vacate the house while the work proceeds, Rain, and I hope you are able to make a vacation out of it. You'll be snug and warm all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dearest Rain, now you all had to get out of the house too! I hope the renovation will be over soon!
    All the best
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/08/blackout-teil-3-noch-fragen-offen.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rain. I'm stopping by but not linking this week because a new challenge starts at Art Journal JOurney and as an admin, I need to post for that. (I'm also away the next 2 weeks so I won't be linking then either. But I will be back mid-month!) Hurrah for getting your basement foamed. That should help with temperatures down there I think. And did you actually get beets this year? Lucky you. Happy September and I hope the new month is a good one for you. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thursday everyone

    muchπŸ’–love

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about the disappointments in the garden. It has been a strange growing year. Except for hard beans my garden is done already. My crops not near what they were last year. I planted some late potatoes but the nights are turning cold already so we will see. I know you are working hard over there but do take some time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    The spray foam insulation is good to have, I did not know you would have to leave while it was being done. But, it good to be safe. Love the turkey video.
    Happy September! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the insulation project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Husband is currently embarking on what we are calling the insulation project. He, and our son, and our daughter and her boyfriend, and some friends of son, over the course of a few weeks have dug out half of our old (old!) basement and now husband is creating a mini- wall of cement to be able to attach a stud wall close to the old original stone foundation. Then insulation will be applied, as well as a new cement floor overall poured. This should have been done years ago, but with increasing heating costs, it has to be done now. Good luck with yours! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. So where do you go when you and all of your crew have to leave the premises? You still haven't told us what you are planning to do with the extra space :)
    Love your Wild Turkeys and so fun having them in your yard. We had them around the farms when I lived up north, but nothing so exciting where I live now ... I sure miss all of the nature I was surrounded with before we moved:(
    I envy you for your wonderful, peaceful surroundings ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning, You are making lots of progress on your basement project Rain-good timing just before winter
    Hugs from the lake

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds very sensible not to be in the house while the basement is spray-foam insulated, hope it goes well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you make it through all this! Of course you will. You are good at everything!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are very busy, Rain... I see you working on and on.

    Thank you for hosting again. And I love your artwork 😘

    ReplyDelete
  18. I could probably use my whole house spray foamed lol. Will catch up with the videos after the commenting. Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute sketch and a lovely assortment of videos! Continued prayers for a successful renno, XOX

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain