Thursday, December 15, 2022

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Gift Wrap!

 


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Gift Wrap! Bugs Bunny is in the holiday spirit and offering us all a nice gift!  Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it!



⬆️⬆️ 
I decided to try some handmade giftwrap this year! I found all of my supplies at the dollar store: brown packing paper, ribbons and decorations and acrylic paints!



⬆️⬆️ 
πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I have some drinks to share! I made a few mocktails, or non-alcoholic drinks! A Sangria Mocktail and a Shirley Temple!



⬆️⬆️ 
And for those who imbibe, here's Rain's Christmas Cookie Cocktail! It's made with milk, Baileys, Kahlua and Crème de Menthe! Yummy!

On the video front:

⬆️⬆️  For Rain Frances Art, I'm sharing Homemade Giftwrap Ideas!

⬆️⬆️ I also did a video with some Christmas Card Ideas. My favourite Rain Frances Art For Kids student, Lily, wanted to do a charcoal Christmas tree drawing for her teacher's Christmas card, so I decided to draw a bunch of ideas for her. This is a great video for kids of all ages!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw Snoopy!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make Chocolate Crinkles!

⬆️⬆️  I'm also showing you How To Measure 1/2 An Egg  for when you reduce recipe ingredients.

⬆️⬆️  I have the video on How To Make Holiday Mocktails!

⬆️⬆️  And also How To Make Rain's Christmas Cookie Cocktail!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

December 22nd - A Christmas Scene
December 29th - New Year's Eve Party!

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

29 comments:

  1. Hi Sis. You did a great job with gift wrapping art. Made me smile. I am also making the drinks too. Especially the Baileys. :) I do like how you measure 1/2 an egg. Although I have never seen a recipe that calls for 1/2 and egg. LOL I am off to bed. I will be back tomorrow to see what everyone is up to. Much Love N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gift wrap art! The cocktails and cookies look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gift wrapping is amazing. They look too good to open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cocktails look so refreshing! And I wonder what Bugs has as pressie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fun and beautiful post, Rain. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cocktails and mocktails are so festive. And chocolate crinkle cookies are delicious aren't they Yours looks great. But I am most impressed with your wrapping paper and how pretty your presents look. They will look great under the tree. Hoping all is well with you and you have a wonderful weekend and rest of the week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I just love your Thursday posts. So much to see and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, Rain. Gift wrapping elevated to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cocktails look so pretty! Chocolate crinkle cookies have been popping up on various sites and videos. Maybe that's a message that I need to start making them! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute gift wrap, you clever girl! And the Christmas Cookie Cocktail sounds soooooooo delicious -- love the decorative rim too. It's only 6:15 a.m. here as I type this, but I want one (or ten) to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love that you did mocktails for folks like me, who really hate the taste of alcohol and the smell. Or for anyone who just doesn't drink. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Rain,
    Love your Bugs sketch!
    Your wrapped gifts look beautiful. I do not have many gifts to wrap, thankfully. The Christmas Cookie Cocktail sounds yummy.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious, your mocktails and cocktail, dear Rain. And your gift wrapping is very beautiful and creative. I also really like the Bugs Bunny gift pack!
    I hope you have a pleasant pre-Christmas period!
    All the best from Austria
    Traude (just returned from a 3-week trip...)
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/12/besuch-im-tierpark-stadt-haag.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rain, you are a font of creativity! I love me some Bugs -can never have too much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Bugs, of course, and the gift wrap. Always fun to visit here. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rain,
    Wonderful gift wrapping.
    Love bugs! Your bugs is a real charmer.
    The cocktails look so good.
    Thanks for hosting.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your gift wrapping is amazing.
    The cocktails look very good.

    Merry Christmas wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rain - the idea of making wrapping paper at home is very inspiring - probably less expensive, better for the environment, and best of all - unique! Love the look of those cocktails, especially the Cookie version. Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ...Rain, it looks like you will have a festive Christmas, thanks for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rain. Happy Christmas, and thank you for the beautiful mouse card. I will pass it on to young Michelle who I think still visits your videos but since she started at secondary school is discovering other girly things!

    Your card arrived today along with one other – we are in the midst of a postal strike and strikes in other sectors like rail workers, nurses and ambulance drivers. I am concerned that my own card will reach you but if not, please accept this message in lieu.

    I like the idea of Chocolate Crinkles but perhaps not non alcoholic drinks. Sue is busy wrapping Christmas presents, something I make a mess of, therefore I am not allowed to do any. Shame!

    We’ve had two weeks of minus temperatures that you would take in your stride but for us, and couple with numerous strikes is bringing the country to a halt.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YUMMY COCKTAILS
    HAPPY Season to all

    muchπŸ’—love

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Rain! I'm just going to say "Great post!," because I responded to everything on Instagram when I was getting my infusion yesterday. I hope you are having a fun day, my talented friend. Hugs to you, Alex, and the critters!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hmmm ... Bugs' Christmas ribbon looks like it might crawl away or wrap around you when you try to open it :0, But Bugs looks his dashing self. You really have him down, Rain. I love the idea of making your own wrapping paper ... I have lost my enthusiasm for wrapping, I think because we don't have any kids around for Christmas anymore and to me, Christmas is a kids holiday. But I sure love what you have done and I assure I would have followed in your footsteps were I a bit younger :) Your recipes are, as always, very tempting and some will probably find their way into my holiday dinner plans. Thank you as always. And finally, thank you for the sweet Christmas Card. I love it and my family all loved it too :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  24. I will try to play this month. Christmas seems like a a hard theme to do.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  25. The cookie cocktail sounds amazing (to be fair, anything cookie flavored sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Rain, I am joining in with the 22nd theme, will look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Rain, hope you and yours are well and ready for the big day. What fun gift wrap and the crinkles look delicious, also those cocktails and mocktails! Yum!!! I have some air-fried shrimp to share this week and another card, please come by! Merry Christmas to you and yours! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  28. The homemade gift wrapping video was fun to watch, Rain. I also bought supplies at the Dollar store but in my case, the paper was already decorated πŸ˜€ Perhaps next year, I will buy a roll of brown kraft paper and paint my own designs, but the grandkids may not even notice the outside of the package. I also liked the video on the chocolate crinkle cookies and there is nothing like a favorite vintage holiday cookie book. I have a couple of Betty Crocker holiday cookbooks myself.

    Thanks for the holiday mouse. It is happily sitting on the bookshelf now and much appreciated. We send out best wishes to you and Alex and all the pets a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your talent is breathtaking my friend

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain