Thursday, December 8, 2022

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Constellation and Dinner Rolls!


Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is Constellation! Tweety Bird is admiring the beautiful night sky! I painted this scene with acrylics. Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it!


⬆️⬆️ I also painted a Mermaid looking up at the Big Dipper, this was done with watercolours though I'm kuffuffled because there is a lot of green in that water, but I just couldn't capture it with my camera or the scanner on my printer. I even tried to add green with Photoshop but it looked horrid, I have to figure out a proper way to photograph my paintings!



⬆️⬆️ πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I have some delicious Dinner Rolls to share with you!! 



⬆️⬆️ The dinner rolls go very well with some homemade mushroom soup! (recipe and video coming soon!)

On the video front:

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art, I'm sharing How To Paint A Mermaid In The Sea At Night!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw A Snowman!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing my How To Make Dinner Rolls video!

⬆️⬆️ I'm also showing you my How To Make Fruit Ketchup video!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

December 15th - Gift Wrap
December 22nd - A Christmas Scene
December 29th - New Year's Eve Party!

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

23 comments:

  1. Wonderful skies!
    Thank you for showing how do paint them!
    Oh, and the soup looks so good!
    I can´t wait to have my mini-holiday and cook and bake, and paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely constellation pieces and delicious food Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason it is difficult to photograph a green-blue (or blue-green) color. I often experience that as well and it frustrates me to no end. This happens with my "big" camera, my phone and my scanner. It's just a very difficult color.
    But your mermaid is beautiful and I just use my imagination to see water that is more green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art is gorgeous. Night skies blow me away. And, as usual, your food has my mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your constellation pieces are gorgeous, Rain! Mushroom soup is my favourite, yours look delicious! Thank you so much for hosting. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, as always, Rain, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of fruit ketchup Rain. Thanks for the video to explain how to do it. And tweety with your constellations is great. Another great post Rain. Hope your week is going well. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rain,
    Wonderful paintings of the sky and the mermaid. Your dinner rolls and the mushroom soup look delicious. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are well into the soup season, Rain. Miriam made a delicious chicken orzo soup recently from scratch making her own broth first. I make a variety of soups and can them so we have a selection to choose from after a morning's birding on a cold winter's day. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soup is a favorite cold weather meal usually served with homemade bread, but the dinner rolls looked so good. Thanks for posting the recipe, Rain and definitely best served with butter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. πŸ’™ Tweety Bird looking at the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Tweety contemplating the vast universe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rain, I love the constellation photo - especially the shading on Tweety! You continue to improve so much.

    One thing that has never been replicated by anyone are the dinner rolls my paternal grandmother made (Granny, as she was from the American South, and called biscuits). They were true Southern biscuits - my father always rated restaurants by how good their biscuits and gravy was.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so great. That night sky is perfect. I think I will try the fruit ketchup. It would go well with so many different dinners. Try not to work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like these Rain! Something very engaging about watching Tweety look up at the night sky. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful Tweetie sky creation ~ Yummy foods too! Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,

    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...I would like to place a takeout order for mushroom soup and dinner rolls please!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rain, I'm drooling over those dinner rolls! I'm always easily tempted by bread! On my linked blog post today, I'm eating flour tortillas my honey made with his new cast iron press, following your fellow Canadian Glenn and Friends excellent directions for using it on the stove to spread the ball and cook them at same time! Have a good weekend, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do like Tweety Bird admiring the beautiful night sky.
    Your soup looks delicious, perfect for cooler/cold days.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for hosting, Rain. I love the Mermaid Story so much, wonderful rememberings on the book and the Film.

    We have some snow now, it looks really festive.

    Wish you a wonder-wonderful weekend.
    Hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  21. I envy anyone who can see a beautiful night sky with constellations and shooting stars and planets and the moon ... well, I can see the moon and an occasional star, but this is the down side of living close to a big city. I will, one of these days, take a run out into the country and take in the beautiful sky that Tweety is seeing and your mermaid as well. Oh, and try going to Photoshop, Enhance, Adjust Color, adjust hue/saturation. You should be able to get your green back in your picture. I have a terrible time getting colors to pick up when I scan in my art ... I get your frustration.
    Mushroom soup is a favorite at my house. I am looking forward to your video and recipe. I did make your acorn squash bisque, by the way ... yummmm :)
    So, hope all of your household projects are finished for now and you will have time to relax and enjoy the holidays. Be well, Rain ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Our stars been cover by clouds. I think the end of week I will be able to see the stars in the night sky.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those rolls look delicious, Rain. I just watched your video on making them. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain