Thursday, December 22, 2022

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Yuletide! A Christmas Scene!

 



Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊 I've been very slow on blog visits and commenting, but will catch up over the holidays my friends! Wishing you all a safe and blessed Yuletide season! πŸ”₯πŸŒ™ (Note to Tom: I've been trying to comment on your blog for weeks, hope you're getting the comments because I never see them when I refresh the pages!)

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is A Christmas Scene! Tweety Bird loves watching the old Grinch cartoon on tv every year and he wanted to dress up like Cindy Lou Who! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it!



⬆️⬆️ 
I also painted a happy snow lady with Christmas lights! I used watercolors for this!



πŸ˜‹For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date πŸ˜‹, I have another yummy cocktail to share! A Brandy Alexander. This is one of my favourite comfort cocktails during the winter! Life has been such a whirlwind, I haven't had time to do much cooking and baking!



⬆️⬆️ 
For Winter Solstice dinner, I made a chicken-less Coq Au Vin. I haven't been eating chicken lately but I was craving this stew so I made it without the chicken and bacon and used veggie broth instead of chicken broth. Served with mashed potatoes and my homemade Fruit Ketchup - perfect comfort food!



⬆️⬆️ 
I cheated a bit and bought that Tuxedo cake from the bakery because I ran out of time and energy for a homemade cake! I will be making my Yule Log cake for Christmas this weekend and I'll share that next week!

On the video front:

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art, I'm sharing the video where I paint my Snow Woman With Christmas Lights!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids, I have How To Draw Santa!

⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden, I'm sharing How To Make A Brandy Alexander!


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************


Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date: click on the links below for a description of the prompt and inspiring images! (Prompts are optional!)

December 29th - New Year's Eve Party!

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 

26 comments:

  1. Your snowy lady looks very sweet and perfectly content. The cake looks yummy, who cares if it's store bought? It's better not to stress out about things like that. I wish you a peaceful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloooooo, Rain! All of your art, food and drink look wonderful. I wish we lived closer. So much fun it would be to play in the kitchen and garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, Coq Au Vin! I think you would love the movie named after it, KokowÀÀh :-)
    Your drink looks good, too and Tweewty is so cute - Merry Christmas soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your snow lady. Hooray for comfort cocktails...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had planned to go to Miriam's daughter on Christmas Eve, but the impending storm will put an end to those plans. We'll try again on Tuesday. I don't know what she will be cooking but I have no doubt it will be good. Merry Christmas, Rain. All the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning loving your art, your stew looks delicious, and so does your cocktail-off to check your videos Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Rain,
    I always love your cartoon characters, wonderful festive art. Your dinner, cocktail and the cake all look and sound delicious. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your creative Christmas Scenes, so cute! The chickenless coq au vin is a first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's such a busy time of year, isn't it? I've been fairly lucky to have some extra time this week, mainly keeping everything off my docket until today. Your chickenless stew looks yummy, and that tuxedo cake looks great. It doesn't matter if you don't have time to make something so complex or not. Sometimes the bought ones are just as yummy aren't they? Loving Tweety today. Have a wonderful holiday Rain. Hope you don't get the rain storm that's coming into New England tonight. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you Tweety Bird Who. Brandy Alexander's are one of my favorites to drink in the cold of winter too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a busy time of year. I'm so happy seeing your art.
    We're still digging out from the storm, with more on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like Brandy Alexanders too. The last time I had one was in the lounge at the Chateau Laurier in Ottawa. It cost me 18 bucks. And that was a few years ago, so I'm sure it's even more expensive now, LOL! Sheesh.

    Have a wonderful holiday season, dear Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the snowman Rain! And I have never had a Brandy Alexander, although I have often read of them.

    Hope you are staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post dear Rain. So busy at this time of year, I'm always trying to cut back but it's very hard to follow through! I do love decorating and still bake homemade treats - just seems to take more time these days!
    Enjoy your holiday season - Happy Christmas and sending wishes for a happy and healthy New Year to you, Alex, and the furry animals too.
    Hugs and joy always - Mary X

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is really wonderful how you can discern what Tweety and Bugs feel like doing and then you actualize it for them. I am just amazed once again at how much creativity pours from you dear Rain

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Rain, I'm not surprised that you're running out of time, that's the norm before Christmas :-) I really like your pictures again - and the chicken-less Coq Au Vin sounds extremely interesting. Do I understand correctly that you deleted the chicken and the bacon without replacing them and otherwise cooked everything exactly according to your recipe? That would be worth a try on one of my veggie days.
    I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful Christmas time
    and all the best for 2023, Traude
    πŸŽπŸ•―️πŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸ•―️🍎
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/12/costa-ricanische-weihnachtsgrue.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas Rain :) I love your snowy Christmas art scenes. I have joined in this time as I had plenty of time for this one - I had a few cards printed of my santa, he's a Krampus santa (yellow eyes and a little bit naughty)
    Thanks for being a great blogging friend over the years - wishing you a very happy Christmas and lots of good things in 2023. Betty, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a Wonderful Christmas Rain

    Much🌲love

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do like your art
    Your food and drink look delicious.

    Enjoy your Christmas.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope buying from the Bakery isn't really cheating, as I buy all my treats from the bakery. I find when I bake, I eat it all as fast as it comes out of the oven. Not a good thing, as you can well imagine, so I can turn my back on a bakery cake pretty easily, Ha! Your Tweety is adorable and love your female snowwomen ... glad to see you like evening things out a little for the "stronger" sex :) So sit back and relax, Rain, and enjoy your holidays without trying to do for everyone else ... you deserve a break. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my friend. Can you believe 2023... Ugh! Time flies when you having fun, right? :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  21. A Brandy Alexander and a slice of that tuxedo cake sound perfect together, Rain. The only thing I wasn’t sure about was coq au vin without the chicken, but since I have never prepared it myself will take your word that your make do was good. You are certainly excused from not having enough time to blog comment as you are very busy with your art and recipes and hope you take some down time for the holidays to relax and enjoy the beauty of Christmas. Maybe you will have a white one as well?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I forgot about brandy alexander.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rain, I love how your Disney characters come out looking just like they are. Great job as always. Wanted to let you know, I got your Christmas card right before Christmas. I am so sorry, I had lost my list of addresses so I failed in sending yours out. Now, however, I have it again so next yr you will be on my list again. So sorry...and I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad you mentioned about disappearance of the comments. It happens to me as well sadly. Hope you get this one
    Great art.first time I saw snow lady:)lovely
    Oh my this tuxedo cake is superb!
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain