Thursday, January 4, 2024

πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‹ Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Dance!

Welcome my Friends, to Thursday's Art and Dinner Date! 😊😊

🎨For our 🎨 Art Date 🎨, today's optional prompt is DANCE! Please feel free to share any art you've created, we would love to see it! Bugs Bunny is rockin' his track suit and doing a little break dancing! He makes the "handstand freeze" look easy! To be accurate, the style is called "breaking" or "b-boying".



I'm turning the clock back 40 years (yikes)...I went to Break Dance '84 with my friends. I was 16 and hung out with the breaking troop Mystic Crew. They competed in this and I think they won 3rd prize. It was SO MUCH FUN to watch these guys and gals breaking, spinning, freezing and popping! It's a very athletic and acrobatic dance style.


Here is my "Breaking Silhouette" painted with acrylics

I was very much into dancing in the 80's. I knew the "Thriller" dance by heart! I could also moonwalk. My friend Bertram from the Mystic Crew taught me the "arm wave", the "robot" and the "electric boogaloo", but I could never master the moves where you had to rely on arm strength. Weak wrists!!!

 

Time for a snack after all of that dancing. For our πŸ˜‹ Dinner Date!! πŸ˜‹ I made a very comforting and healthy Lentil Soup with Spinach. Click on the link for the written recipe and see below for the video recipe!


Jack and Raven


We got a little bit of snow on New Year's Eve but it's pretty much melted already. It feels like spring here in the Maritimes and I have to say I'm not hating it!



I'll be visiting your blogs this week my friends, I want to catch up on the TADD posts I've missed! And I want to thank those who sent me lovely holiday cards...it always warms my heart πŸ’što receive snaily mail! 🐌

Here are my latest videos:





⬆️⬆️ For Rain Frances Art For Kids : How To Draw A Seal


⬆️⬆️ For Rain's Kitchen and Garden : How To Make Lentil Soup With Spinach


⬆️⬆️ On my channel, Spiritual Rain, my latest "Bedtime Stories Podcast" features me reading the fairy tale The Little Girl and the Winter Whirlwinds


That's all for now folks! Please check out the link widget below for more 🎨 artistic πŸŽ¨ and πŸ˜‹ delicious πŸ˜‹ creations! See you soon!!! πŸ’— 

*****************************************

Upcoming Art Prompts For Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date:  (Prompts are optional!) Click on the link for inspirational images!

Jan 11: Coffee Shop
Jan 18: Matches
Jan 25: Clocks

Feb 01: Candles
Feb 08: Far Away
Feb 15: Lips
Feb 22: Ladders
Feb 29: Eggs

This art and dinner date date is all about creating. For the art date, you can showcase your paintings, drawings, photography, sculpting, poetry...whatever you like! You can follow the weekly themes or post any art you like! 🎨

And for the dinner date, please feel free to link up your foodie post! πŸ˜‹

Don't forget to add the URL link to your post (not your blog) to the link gadget below to share your wonderful creations! Please revisit to make sure you don't miss those who join in a little late! All spam and non-related links will be removed! The link gadget will be available until the following Sunday at midnight!

****************************************** 


20 comments:

  1. Lentil soup and spinach? Yum.
    Most dancing is incredibly athletic if performed well (which I never could).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow on your dance pieces Rain! The soup looks delicious too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rain, this is a fun post! Dancing is not really my thing these days! Have a great day, take care! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rain, wow, breakdancing! Bugs is good at it! I could never do that - I mostly danced freestyle and later enthusiastically did belly dancing. In my post you see me dancing “Kasachok” ;-DDD
    I'm glad that Jack is still holding up well. Give your lovely animals a few gentle cuddles from me!
    I wish you a happy, healthy New Year πŸ„πŸ€!
    Hugs and all the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/01/rostrosen-weihnachten-2023-tiergarten.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Bug Bunny art! Sending hugs for your Jack and Raven! The photo of the snow covered trees looks pretty.
    Happy New year Rain, I wish you all the best in 2024! Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a marvelous portrait of Breakdancing Bugs! Very cool to hear of your dance/breaking past when young!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rain,

    I'm not following your prompt today since I'm trying to find my groove again. I don't know if I ever will but at least I'm here. Break Dancing is something I never got into. I was more into the 70s disco moves. By the time the 80s rolled in, I didn't do much dancing other than in the privacy of my home doing house chores which I still do to this day. Anywho, Bugs looks fantastic and just look at him. What a pro! The lentil soup sounds good. I've been wanting to make lentil and sausage soup again. On these chilly winter days soup is just what you need to keep warm. Thanks for sharing your YT art how-to scene. I'm going to watch it in a sec. I'm delighted to see that my card to you arrived. The postal service has problems sometimes but not this year they were spot on with everything. I wish I could say that for UPS. Sadly, they were total screw ups this holidays season! Sending to you warm wishes for good health and happiness to be yours in 2024, dear friend. Happy New Year!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you, Rain, and to Jack and Raven (great to see them together in the snow) which we have not seen here (yet) but there is a possibility this weekend. So, the lentil soup recipe could come in handy as I always have dried lentils in the pantry, and frozen spinach in the freezer (we didn't get any fresh spinach this week). Bugs sure can do a mean break dance step and so interesting to read about your past dance experiences as the pair of us are non-dancers, but walkers. And agreed that getting snail mail is always so welcome, here too. Thanks for showing your holiday cards; ours are still displayed in the living room, most likely until mid-January as I enjoy seeing them every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain,

    I just thought you should know, in case you haven't check it out but entry #5 appears to be website hitching a ride on your art linkup. No doubt with the hope of drumming up some business. I hate when this happens. Anywho, just wanted to call it to your attention, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, zapped him out of the widget!! ☺

      Delete
  10. You eat and cook so well! Good for you! And draw. And grow stuff! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like your Bugs Bunny art and that soup looks so delicious, perfect for the winter months.

    I hope 2024 has started well for you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...I don't dance, because I'm afraid of breaking something.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Rain! I can feel your optimism! Perhaps it's Bugs' exuberance as he dances in his vibrant jumpsuit. Please give Jack and Raven a hug for me! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one limber Bugs Bunny! As a young girl, I wanted to dance like the dancers on the Lawrence Welk Show. It was so romantic. I never did learn how to dance, and I'm thinking it's probably a bit late to start.

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy new year dear Rain
    may it bring more joy ,health and peace !
    dancing is pure joy and therapeutic sometimes :)
    you meal is awesome as always !!!!!!!!!
    hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year. Love that red suit Bugs is wearing. Your lentil soup looks good and just right for the rainy weather we are having now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A dancing Bugs, very cool. Soup Looks delicious.
    Happy 2024, Rain. Hope you have a great new year.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Thanks for your comment, I love hearing from everyone! ❤ Why not join me and my fellow artists every Thursday for TADD? That's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! It's a lot of fun!
Love,
Rain